What are you reading ATM

Dawn

My library does these crazy promos....Take out 5 books and get a dvd for free. So my brother and i are always comming out of the armed with these books. Anyway the other day we went in to get a film and they said again that if we took 5 books out we could have a free dvd. So we both went to the books trying to find something we fancied but trying to hurry up as well. I moved to the fiction section and i saw loads of books by Nora Roberts. Never heard of her. I picked 5 books, including a triology and i have to say, fucking fantastic! Made me cry as well. I dont think i have enjoyed a series so much. Its total fantasy and on occasion a little cringy but if you read it with an open mind you will love them.

Ill list them for you incase your interested

Morrians Cross

Dance with the Gods

Valley of the Silence.

Edited by Dawn

Right now I'm reading some "alternate reality historical fiction". Since I'm am trying to write something along these lines myself a friend gave me some books. This one is called "His Majesty's Dragon", set during the Napoleonic wars. The difference being that there is another line of the military - Aviators - who use dragons. It's different and well written. Also I'm waiting on something called "the Greenwoman's Guide".

To educate myself:

The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by C. Penzcak (what a nightmare to spell, wonder if I got it right)

Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft

Shamanistic Healing by... erm... someone and someone else

Encyclopedia of World Mythologies (or something along those lines)

To entertain myself:

Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

and if that's too scary to be read just before bedtime, one of the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett ? not sure which one yet, perhaps The Wyrd Sisters :P_witch:

Wow, I sound like I read loads, aren't I clever *teehee* Really I just read a few pages every now and then, and variety is the spice of life!

Guest Magdalena

I have just finished reading a couple of novels by `L.J. Smith` The secret circle. The first was `The Initiation` and the second ` The Power` I really enjoyed them, the story is based in `New Salem` and about the circle of Witches.

I have just finished reading a couple of novels by `L.J. Smith` The secret circle. The first was `The Initiation` and the second ` The Power` I really enjoyed them, the story is based in `New Salem` and about the circle of Witches.

I've just bought L.J. Smith's Dark Visions which is going to be my book at bedtime, I'm also re-reading Hitty by Rachel Field for my inner child at the mo!

Guest Oakbuchanan

Funny Gaiman come up..Im in the middle of reading 'Good Omens' By Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Really fun read, I have tried with Pratchett and His Disc world but they tend to wear me out, with every second line demanding my gafaws..never finished one.. But lovin 'Good omens'..

Im also reading 'The secret of Atlantis' by Otto Muck, working my way through Betrand Russells 'Wisdom of the west', and just started 'Fabrato the Magician' By Franz Bardon.

Not really reading any fiction at the mo, but I'm currently reading Popular Magic: Cunning-folk in English History by Owen Davis. And since I'm determined to learn how to read the Tarot (again) this year, I'm also reading The Easiest way to Learn the Tarot by Dusty White and I have to say for the first time, it's starting to click for me. :grin_witch:

I love Gaiman. I liked American Gods, and Anansi boys, and Good omens is good but was probably the most difficult of his books for me to get through. I also love his comic books.

Sandman and Death were amazing. As well as the Books of Magic (although he only wrote the first one).

Right now I am reading

Vodou Visions by Sallie Ann Glassman

Evoking Eternity by E.A. Koetting

and for fun

Sweep - by Cate Tiernan. It's about a girl who discovers she is a blood witch, and starts to discover her powers. Its teen fiction but it's nice to have something a little fun to read. And it's better than that god-awful twilight series.

Ok so maybe there's a we bit of self gratification and getting to return to my child hood I admit it - I'm on chapter 9 - Midlred has turned the nasty witches into snails!!

I have recently read the Pickingill Papers twice to make sure I got to grips with it. And I'm waiting for Alice Hoffmans practical magic to arrive any day now.