Sign in to follow this  
Dawn

What are you reading ATM

"The White Witch of Spiton and the Book of Dreams" by Tracey Wolfe.

It's a children's fiction book, but it's getting good comments from (witchy) adults and apparently a screenplay has been submitted, so there must be something there. As I am only on page 3, I can't tell yet ...

Been reading "Werewolves" by Bob Curran. I've had this incredible interest in werewolves recently, so I've been researching and studying about all things werewolves. I ordered Sabine Baring-Gould's "The Book of Werewolves" yesterday, and it's supposed to be the most sited study of lycanthropy out there, so I'm super-duper excited about getting it. :chakrahearts:

I've also recently received "The Book of Legendary Spells" by Elbee Wright, and am having a nice time flipping through it.Though It's a little bit of a pain because the book contains no table of contents and it isn't divided up into any sort of chapters or sections. =\

Let me know what the Werewolves book is like, sounds like an interesting read. I like hairy men ;)

1. the good, the bad, and the dead by kim harrison

2. a few cookbooks (vegatarian, detox, and lower fat) so i dont get to be to unhealthy over the coming winter.

and

3. a mix of tarot books so i can get my skills up. i can never seem to read one straight through cause different things work for different people and i'm sort of going with what feels right.

This sounds a bit like my pile of books. Alway a healthy cookbook, a novel and an occult book ...

Right now I am reading "A Christmas Carol" by Dickens. Actually the only book I have going at the moment....got lots of other stuff to do.

Diabolical from Scarlet Imprint an interesting work from various occultists on various subjects.

Liber Lilith by Donald Tyson .. interesting fictional work on working with Lilith

Abraxas from Fulgur Press .. a new periodical, short pieces from various occult workers, inculding Andrew Schulke of Cultus Sabbatti.

Ahhh, I would have loved to read Abraxas (and Satyre's Sermon), but alas, my pocket does not allow it at the moment, lol.

For x-mas and my birthday I am buying myself Roebuck in the Thicket, Call of the Horned Piper, and Secrets of East Anglican Magic. Most of you have probably read these already... I've seen so many people make mention of them that I must give them a look-see. Unfortunately over here one can't get them in the books shops (or skim through them there, lol), so I will have to order them off the internet and wait (and waiting is NOT one of my strong points, lol)...

M

I have also been leafing through Abraxas.

And also Having a re-read of Arts of The Night.

i'm currently reading the complete art of witchcraft by sybil leek and i'm only three chapters in but it seems heavily based in the "old religion" im very new to this and i was hoping it would be a non religious read..im going to keep going though...has anybody else read this?

Is anybody gonna fess up to reading the Twilight saga? *blush*

*raises hand* Yup, read them and enjoyed them. I will go further in this confessional and admit that I went to see New Moon on opening night with my daughters and some of their friends and other mom too. The other mom and I agree.....we are on team Jacob. If only we were a a few years younger. :laugh1:

Is anybody gonna fess up to reading the Twilight saga? *blush*

Yep, I'm guilty too, but I read it around last March or so. Did you read Midnight Sun? It's basically Twilight but from Edwards POV. SM never finished the story, but you can read it directly from her website. I thought it was more interesting than Twilight.

Right now I'm reading Ars Philtron by Daniel Schulke. Had it for a while, but finally decided to sit down and read it through. Schulke's writing style is not an easy read, so keep a dictionary close by.

Yep, I'm guilty too, but I read it around last March or so. Did you read Midnight Sun? It's basically Twilight but from Edwards POV. SM never finished the story, but you can read it directly from her website. I thought it was more interesting than Twilight.

I read the series before the first movie came out. I have not heard of Midnight Sun but will have to check it out. LOL

Twilight saga....

A brilliant basic idea even though many critics think that Stephanie Meyer poached her ideas from other 'vampire' books. They say the only thing that was original with the sparkly vampire bit, which isnt anything to shout about i guess.

From a physcological standpoint genius idea. The book appealled greatly to the younger generation but also the older generation (mainly women) and I think thats why the books have become such a phenomina.

I was going through a shit patch when i read these books. Knew nothing about them just found them in the book shop. Once i started i was addicted. Shit patch came and went without me really noticing ;)

Blood & Mistletoe by Ronald Hutton....the history of the druids in Britain. It's an area that I'm interested in.

Blood & Mistletoe by Ronald Hutton....the history of the druids in Britain. It's an area that I'm interested in.

Did you read his prequel, "The Druids"?

Read a graphic novel called "Druids: 1 The Ogham Sacrifice" by Istin, Jigourel & Lamontagne. Strong on historical research, and sufficiently good for me to want the next part too :)

Currently reading Roger Hutchinson's "Aleister Crowley: The Beast Demystified"...strictly biographical, no interpretations of his magic(k)al works. It's not new, first published in 1998.

Okay, so the book above was alright. It was strictly biographical and did what it said on the cover. Despite all the hype, most of it stemming from Crowley himself, he was just a man. Good read.

Now, I'm re-reading Paul Huson's Mastering Witchcraft (cheers for tip, Michele) as well as pondering Qutub by Andrew Chumbley.

"The Little Book of Candle Magic" by D J Conway.

It's not bad. One could call it a little book of magical correspondences, really.

I don't like the little book format though. It could easily have been bound as a regular, though thin, paperback. It really screws up my bookshelf to have all these books of different sizes.

Before that I read a number of books on the ghosts, the paranormal, and ghost hunting, and next on the list is.. well, I really need to go back and finish off "78 Degrees of Wisdom" (I took a break halfway through it) , but sheesh, that is a tough, dry read. I have to admire Rachel Pollack's dedication, but personally I think she sees way too many correspondences in things that are just either really minor and/or relatively meaningless coincidence, and it drags on and on. I suppose others might see that as valuable insight, which is maybe why it's considered a more advanced book, but I just can't remember all this stuff.

Hi all we like to do this regularly to see what our members are reading, not just witchcraft related books, and to get some tips.

At the moment I am reading ......nothing. I did pick up Cold Comfort Farm but have read it so many times, Im at a loose end, just cannot be bothered really. Still to read the Last Witchfinder :jackoff:

Sign in to follow this