Thor

winter night

Just wondered if anyone has seen this film yet! I went to see it last night and I think It is fantastic.

It is based on the Marvel comic series of Thor, but its a great way to get yourself quickly into the mythology of Thor, his father Odin and his brother Loki.

I watched it in 3-D and the sets are breathtaking. They show a stark contrast between the mundane life of the people on earth and those living in Asgard, with all the wealth, luxuries and their impeccable manners!

Got to admit, it got me all interested in reading up on the mythology of Thor and Odin again. Would be a great way to introduce your kids to the tales too, as this film is really action packed, funny in parts and there is a bit of a romance.

Would love to write more on this, but the kids are calling - let me know what you all think if you have seen it!

Just watched the trailer and it does look good (will wait for it to come on sky movies premier). Have seen another film not that long ago on the telly about a man who was having flashbacks being Thor - then discovers the hammer and turns out he is Thor. Can't remember the name of the flm but I think it was Scandinavian.

Guest Elfyd

I may add that the Thor movie is loosely based on the Marvel Comic (current version thereof) which is loosely based on Stan Lee's idea of the Asatru lore and myth. nothing wrong with the movie, fine entertainment, but let us not lose perspective.

FFF(Frig)

Elf

I may add that the Thor movie is loosely based on the Marvel Comic (current version thereof) which is loosely based on Stan Lee's idea of the Asatru lore and myth. nothing wrong with the movie, fine entertainment, but let us not lose perspective.

FFF(Frig)

Elf

Sir Elf,

Perhaps you should strike up a new post on this Asatru lore and myth. It sounds facinating. I do believe there are those here, that would benefit from this or add to it. Please consider this a friendly nudge.:thumbsup:

Regards,

Gypsy

Guest Elfyd

Gypsy Girl,

Ohhhh no, what little I pretend to know about Asatru would not get us very far. There are members here who excel in such things, it is to those people that the request should be aimed.

MMMS

FFFF

Elf

We saw this movie today and it was awesome!

thats brilliant you loved it! They are bringing out one with all the Marvel characters in it in the future - that would be excellent!

I know its a twist on the Thor myths, but its still a great film, and a good way to dip your toes in if you havent had any interest in the original stories before!

:chakrahearts:

Gypsy Girl,

Ohhhh no, what little I pretend to know about Asatru would not get us very far. There are members here who excel in such things, it is to those people that the request should be aimed.

MMMS

FFFF

Elf

Curious . . . What does MMMS stand for?

J

thats brilliant you loved it! They are bringing out one with all the Marvel characters in it in the future - that would be excellent!

I know its a twist on the Thor myths, but its still a great film, and a good way to dip your toes in if you havent had any interest in the original stories before!

:chakrahearts:

I know I can't wait!

and responding to the bait - what does FOOM stand for then?! ;)

Was waiting for that (I wasn't going to be the first to ask lol)

Reminds me of a sign on a pub wall that read 'WYBMAPIITY?' someone asked what it meant the answer was 'Will You Buy Me A Pint If I Tell You?' :D