Recipes for Mushrooms?

Ok I absolutely LOOOVEE mushrooms. It's my most favorite food. Does anyone here have any good mushroom recipes? It can be mushrooms by itself with some spices or something OR anything with mushrooms in it? lol

Instead of listing recipe after recipe, I say go to all recipes and go to the ingredients tab just above the search box. You can input what you want in your food, like mushrooms and whatever else you might want in it, like chicken or green onions, and it will give you every recipe they have with those ingredients.

Instead of listing recipe after recipe, I say go to all recipes and go to the ingredients tab just above the search box. You can input what you want in your food, like mushrooms and whatever else you might want in it, like chicken or green onions, and it will give you every recipe they have with those ingredients.

haha thanks. i didnt even think of that. minds elsewhere. :D

Guest Magdalena

I love mushrooms too, they are yummy steamed in butter. I don't like meat so I use lots of mushrooms and potatoes as a substitute in sauces and such. I love curry, so instead of meat curry I have mushroom curry, yum yum. I also love tinned tomatoes on cheese on toast and mushrooms on top, I add herbs and spices to the tomatoes. My mouth is watering now. lol. :teehee:

Two favourites of mine are Mushrooms on toast: Fry the mushrooms in a mix of olive oil and butter with Herbs de Provence then serve on toast. Good with a bit of BBQ sauce. (Bizarre but it works.)

Also: Mushroom Stroganov. Make as in the beef recipe, but use mushrooms instead of beef.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here's a quick and unusual one. You'll need some meaty mushrooms so Portabella and that same chunkiness.

Cook the mushroom by grilling with the stalk pointing up. At the halfway point crumble a blue cheese (stilton, or white stilton is best) and allow it to melt into the mushroom.

Heat some cranberry sauce, then place the cranberry sauce onto a warmed plate. Place the mushroom on top.

Yum :D

You can also build a mushroom stack, with other ingredients and cover in veggie suet to lock in the juices and steam. Cook as if it was a roast and then carve it to serve..

• 3 months later...

I slice them, then melt butter in a pan, add a couple spoon fulls of fresh garlic (minced in a food processor), stir a bit, then add mushrooms, sprinkle with oregano or some multi italian spice mix, then after the sautee for a while I add several dashes of Worcester sauce. I like it until it fully reduced and the shrooms are a little crispy but some prefer them less well done. There great for topping a steak or grilling in a grilled cheese sandwich with Swiss or Jarlsberg.

Mmmm :dancing:

Guest loki1980

I slice them, then melt butter in a pan, add a couple spoon fulls of fresh garlic (minced in a food processor), stir a bit, then add mushrooms, sprinkle with oregano or some multi italian spice mix, then after the sautee for a while I add several dashes of Worcester sauce. I like it until it fully reduced and the shrooms are a little crispy but some prefer them less well done. There great for topping a steak or grilling in a grilled cheese sandwich with Swiss or Jarlsberg.

Mmmm :dancing:

creamed mushrooms.... can give you my recipe tho because i dont know the measurements coz i work off eyesight, but you need a basic white sauce, add the sliced mushrooms cook till soft then have on lovely crusty toast... mmmm you could even add some garlic for those winter colds :)

Guest loki1980

Fellow mushroom lover here!! I like them on skewers with asparagus, zucchini or any other vegie, brushed with olive oil and garlic and grilled outside. Yum!!

Elizabeth

grilled breakfast mushrooms filled with philidelphia cheese, grill the mushrooms until cooked, take a big dollop of philidelpia cheese, then put back under the grill until the cheese is runny, take out garnish with black pepper.

creamed mushrooms.... can give you my recipe tho because i dont know the measurements coz i work off eyesight, but you need a basic white sauce, add the sliced mushrooms cook till soft then have on lovely crusty toast... mmmm you could even add some garlic for those winter colds :)

Or you could pretend to have a cold if you need an excuse.:cool:

Guest loki1980

Mmmmm mushrooms and garlic, lv em, but not together mind :ani_witch_moon:

who couldnt love garlic and mushrooms togther? they a marriage made in heaven

Fresh Porcini fried in butter with salt and pepper. Just put it on some bread. Or have pasta with a porcini creme sauce.

Another lovely way to cook portobello mushrooms is to coat them with breadcrumbs like you would do with a Viennese Schnitzel. Just fry them in butter. It's a lovely meat alternative.