Halloween Music 2021

Guest PsychicThreads

Guest PsychicThreads

This year I found on YouTube a couple new genres of music relating to Halloween (at least new to me) I love it so much. The one I am sharing is defiantly party music it is spooky electro-swing. For more chill listening look up Halloween Jazz or Spooky Lo-Fi I cannot get enough lately. Found these on the first day of my Mabon celebrations. Hope this ok to share!

I love a bit of background Lo-Fi.

I'm sure you've heard of him already, as his music is all over YouTube, Peter Gundry? He's a master of his craft, and if you like music whilst doing your craft then it's a go to, for me at least anyway. When I'm drawing darker stuff I like to listen to it to get me in the mood as well.

Guest PsychicThreads

I actually have not heard of Peter Gundry. Thank you for sharing I like his style that is the kind of music I love lately. This is lovely.

Thanks for the Peter Gundry video-- I had heard of him, but had never listened to his music til now. Very evocative! Myself, I've been getting into Matt Berry lately-- not necessarily Halloween-y music, but more in the folk rock-sort of mystical genre (one of his inspirations is Mike Oldfield, if that gives you an idea of his music).

Guest PsychicThreads

I am loving all the recommendations right now I been wanting to find new sounds lately. This has been such a treat honestly. Feel like you guys can build an epic soundtrack to a series or a movie.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, spectropoetics said:

I looked him up because this genre is my jam exactly and he's the same Matt Berry I knew, the actor/comedian!?? What the hell! He cracks me up in the TV version of What We Do in the Shadows, a very seasonally appropriate show btw.

I've listened to a lot of La Luz these past few months. It's basically dark surf rock, mostly instrumental - so much texture ugh I love it. I think it's perfect music for the turn of the season before the autumnal equinox, when it's still hot but the light has shifted and the green world has turned golden.

Otherwise I can't resist a cheeky goth concept album around Halloween, and for that Voltaire can't be beaten.

Good old fashioned Oingo Boingo is on heavy rotation too!

Oh hell yeah I absolutely love What We Do in the Shadows— both the movie AND the TV series!!! lol