AWAKENING THE MYSTIC GIFT: The Surprising Truth About What It Means to Be Psychic

Dark Phoenix

Hello everyone,

After going on that tour with psychic Jane Doherty, I have been thinking. She said that everyone has the power to have psychic abilities, its just that not many people embrace and mold that power. This book, AWAKENING THE MYSTIC GIFT: The Surprising Truth About What It Means to Be Psychic, was written by Jane and in it, it talks about a few techniques on how to highten your "6th sense" so to speak. It was tells the amazing story of how Jane became what she is today. I plan on getting this book soon! Anyone have it/heard of it?

Joe :cool:

I haven't come across that book, but like the others I believe that everyone has innate psychic abilities. That doesn't mean that everyone is going to be a great psychic, in the same way that everyone is born with the ability to sing, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us will actually want to listen to them do it.

Like any other ability, some people are better at some things than others but that doesn't mean we can't all practice and become better at it.

StarChilde

Don't forget society pressures as well to be just like every other Ken & Barbie out there :)

That's what I mean. We are born with so many abilities. Psychic, magical, etc. Take language skills as an analogy. An infant is able to mimic and make nearly every sound contained within all the languages of the world. It is only through the conditioning of its family, society, and culture that certain sounds are learned as words/communtication. While the child is learning those sounds they are in essence unlearning (by simply not using) the other sounds needed. Think how different Dutch and Korean sound.

Look how difficult it is for an adult to learn a foreign language. Its not impossible of course, but it is so much harder the older you become.

So in a way it is similar to children having the inate powers of perception, psychic ability, telepathy, witchcraft, etc; instead of nurturing those skills, it is more often than not, repressed by society and the family unit. Religion I think would fall into all 3 categories of culture/society/family melding.

Please let us know how it is. I've known I've have this ability ever since I was a child, my mother does also. I've just never felt ready to work with it but it has actually been in my thoughts quite alot the past few months. I used to fear it a bit but now feel stronger and the fear is gone. Thanks for sharing this!