What the heck, I'll brave it...

Guest Angeles

Guest Angeles

I did have my "Buffy" phase awhile back. lol. Started out as being bored as hell with nothing good on the tube...you know how that goes. :) Anyway, it kinda grew on me...that is, until I grew tired of it. lol.

Don't know if it counts, 'cause it was a series - but I loved me some X-files. I thought it was weird, cooky - and a little dumb at first (like Buffy), but then it grew on me, too. (Damn leeches!) lol. Guess I'm not too hard to please, with entertainment. lol. My aunt and I used to watch it together; she was actually the one that turned me onto it. It kinda became "our thing". I was all bummed at the last season finale. Wish they'd continue the storyline...it got pretty intense at the end!

I did have my "Buffy" phase awhile back. lol. Started out as being bored as hell with nothing good on the tube...you know how that goes. :) Anyway, it kinda grew on me...that is, until I grew tired of it. lol.

Don't know if it counts, 'cause it was a series - but I loved me some X-files. I thought it was weird, cooky - and a little dumb at first (like Buffy), but then it grew on me, too. (Damn leeches!) lol. Guess I'm not too hard to please, with entertainment. lol. My aunt and I used to watch it together; she was actually the one that turned me onto it. It kinda became "our thing". I was all bummed at the last season finale. Wish they'd continue the storyline...it got pretty intense at the end!

Hey have you watched "Supernatural"? My hubby and I used to watch it back when it first started then for some unknown reason we stopped. But I did watch an episode last week (can't remember what channel) and I still found it enjoyable. I was able to research a few of the "demons/monsters" in the storylines.

Also Angeles, I don't know if you get BBC channel where you are in Detriot...but you might want to check out "Hex". That is also pretty good (think along Buffy/Charmed but with a kick ass British attitude LOL). I try to catch that as much as I can.

Now also I think either on Animal Planet or maybe Discovery Channel I can't remember which...there is this guy who takes his crew out to the countries/villiages/cities/etc. in search of "unexplained monster encounters" I've watched that show a few times whenever I remember to look for it and I have been pretty impressed with it truthfully. This one time he was looking for some form of a huge dinosaur that was terrorizing a village somewhere out in Africa and I from what I can remember he had witnesses and pictures or bones from one of them as well. Anyhow that is also a good show to watch.

Now also I watch "Ghost Hunters" when I can as well because I find them interesting (I know I've managed to plan a trip to a few places they have gone already. Except I am going for my photography...like over in Tennassee to the T.B. Asylum, etc.)

Have you ever watched any of these shows??? What d you think about them if you have??? :) :) :)

Guest Angeles

I used to love Charmed, too. Haven't seen Hex before. We have cable, though, so I'll have to look out for that one. Seen Ghost Hunters a few times...seen the other one, too, only I don't remember the name of it either. They're all just sources of entertainment, for me...don't really take them that seriously. I think there's probably a ring of truth to them, somewhere; but I also think they're embellished for TV and marketing. What isn't? lol.

I used to love Charmed, too. Haven't seen Hex before. We have cable, though, so I'll have to look out for that one. Seen Ghost Hunters a few times...seen the other one, too, only I don't remember the name of it either. They're all just sources of entertainment, for me...don't really take them that seriously. I think there's probably a ring of truth to them, somewhere; but I also think they're embellished for TV and marketing. What isn't? lol.

This is true in many media forums today. I know that's why I like to go out on my own and explore places. There is a website called "Haunted Shadowlands" I think that lists documented haunted places in every state. I'll have to look around for that link in case you or anyone on here is interested. I've gone to a few places they listed in Florida and have had similar experiences myself. Then again it's not abnormal for me to be in or about graveyards anyhow, or feeling the presence of those who are on the other side either.

Now Sands & I have shared our photos that contained orbs and what-not on here before. That has always been interesting as well. If you look through I think over in one of the sections we have here you'll see a few of them that we have posted. I know one in particular was of a rainbow prism light thing that was in a pic of mine while in Key West Cemetery. That photo was taken I think a few days or so after I saw Mr. Creepy guy in the graveyard as well LOL!!! That was a hell of a story in itself I tell you LOL!!! :lmao:

Guest Angeles

Now that's what i'm talking about! A man after my own heart. lol. Hell, I'd forgotten about Angel! Yep. Watched that one, too. Lol

You liked all those shows...interesting...my hubby liked Angel...I found mildly amusing...I couldn't get into Buffy...she was too fluffy like for me...there was something about her that didn't settle with me (sorry guys, but I guess I"m more of the army boots, ass-kicking, wild horse riding type of girl LOL). And yeah I watched Charmed before and my girls used to say I reminded them of that one sister..the one who married the angel (guess as they told me "Mom that chick don't play and neither do you!", but whatever). I guess I am more critical of movies and shows you know...who knows.

watching buffy was like watching a modern day scooby doo. charmed ehh, i will watch it but i'm not to into it. i just like seeing the skimmpy outfits lol

LOL yeah you would...so does every man with a hard on with skimpy clothing! LOL!!!! Speaking of which...did you see what I am packing for Miami?????

Guest Angeles

Yeah, I think my character - and life experience - is too rich (as in layered/multi-faceted) for me to have or be of any one type...and so I enjoy different programs for any variety of reasons...as I may have mentioned, I pretty much take it the way its meant: as pure entertainment. lol. Not too hard to please, there. :) Actually, call me strange - but Buffy herself, wasn't my main reason for watching. It was Giles. lol. Willow, too. She was interesting. Buffy was definitely fluffy (like her name) - but even she, had a little depth to her, as you watched her "troubled" character develop. Personalities/characters unlike my own, fascinate me. Guess I just appreciate and like to learn, different types. Yep. Sound like a bit of a nerd, there. LOL. Told you, I see things differently. lol

Ahh this sounds like the ironing film debate I have had many times ....Its about watching something that isn't too mentally taxing but not so exciting that you hit yourself in the face with a hot iron every time something jumps out and sees you nicely through a pile of shirts .....Buffy and Angel always filled that descrption nicely for me .

As for supernatural {drrrroooollll} They can come and salt me anytime!

I liked Kingdom hospital when it was on but the original got a bit too wierd .

Ahh this sounds like the ironing film debate I have had many times ....Its about watching something that isn't too mentally taxing but not so exciting that you hit yourself in the face with a hot iron every time something jumps out and sees you nicely through a pile of shirts .....Buffy and Angel always filled that descrption nicely for me .

As for supernatural {drrrroooollll} They can come and salt me anytime!

I liked Kingdom hospital when it was on but the original got a bit too wierd .

Yeah those guys are a bit easy on the eyes! You know these shows like angeles says is good for entertainment...but some people do take them way too serious in content too...but you know I guess it's like those Star Trek groupies...everyone has one I guess LOL

Guest Angeles

Hey, Soap Fairy...don't believe I've had the pleasure. Nice to meet you. :) Lol...I love Supernatural. I hope they pick up another season. :) High five, on the boys...yeah...though they're not quite my type - Jensen Ackles would make a nice boy toy. lol...naughty, naughty...lol I only saw Kingdom Hospital, once...you're right - I thought it might be good, but then it got a little weird. And that was within one episode! lol

Hi , feel free to be pleasured :p nice to meet you .

Dont get me started on star trek groupies :eek: those people scare me . I used to live in a flat above a collectors shop and I would regularly want to slap people silly when they were paying ????s for a toy which they had no intention of playing with and would just take home and keep in a box???

My fave used to be the woman who came in wearing bright pink hotpants and pointy ears who was grossly obese but would corner the 14 year old boys and just rub up against them whilst chatting them up in klingon ....all together now ...eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww:question:did she not have any friends to gently suggest that maybe that was a bad idea???

Guest Angeles

As for your previous post - I'm with you 100% on all of it. lol. People throw away money so much - and on worthless shit, too. lol. And the lady in pink? Damn, somebody needs to give her the 411. lol

Yeah, it was the Stephen King version I saw, come to think of it. I really wouldn't know whether its good or not, off of one episode (well, 1/2 an episode...oops :)...but it was an interesting observation...

• 1 month later...

I like Buffy, Angel, X-Files (the first couple of seasons...I got tired of it as the series went on). I've only seen one episode of Hex and I don't know where it went. It must have changed timeslots or had been a filler at the time. I've never seen Supernatural but I've been tempted a couple of times..Nowadays I try to limit how much TV I watch...

Jaime

Gotta admit I absolutely HATE buffy that I have been known to throw blue tac at my screen each time that leaps onto my screen. I do like Xfiles though. Hex was alright, I endured the whole thing on DVD and although it was a little "private school England" I kinda enjoyed it sorta.

One series I absolutely LOVED was Dead Like Me... If you EVER get the chance to get this or rent the series, for friggin sake do it! Fantastic :)

I also enjoy Medium, occasionally Tru Calling but I especially enjoyed AFTERLIFE. Seriously I could not get enough of this series and was well gutted when it ended, but it ended on a really amazing note = highly recommended!!!