Ancestral Medicine By: Daniel Foor, P.H.D- Rituals for Personal & Family Healing

ruby

'Tis the season for this topic for many (and for most of us here, all year 'round), so thought I'd mention it. I am still reading through it but am impressed so far with the depth this author goes to. I would consider this a really good book for newbies and adepts alike.

His writing style is down to earth and just gets to the point. It's not the end all be all, of course, but I think it is better than some of the books on ancestors published under companies like Llewellyn that have come out in recent years. From the back of the book: the author is a licensed psychotherapist and a doctor of psychology. He has led ancestral and family healing intensives throughout the USA since 2005. He is an initiate in Ifa/Orisa tradition of Yoruba-speaking West Africa and has trained with teachers in Mahayana Buddhism, Islamic Sufism, and different indigenous paths, including the older ways of his European ancestors. He lives in North Carolina. 

It's a little paperback copy with about 290 pages of practical information. The book is also very affordable and you can pick up a copy for under $20. It was just published this summer. 

For anyone at all interested in the topic of ancestors and how to connect with them, you might find this one a good one to pick up and read through.