Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michele

Divining the "****"

About a week or so ago I had a dream where I was doing something specific with a fire, adn then I threw several packs of sugar onto it and the woke up, but just as I awoke a voice said very loudly "Divining the "******". The asterisks are a word I don't want to write that to me is a word for the north road of the compass - the road of the dead, the ancestors, the gods (well some, lol). It threw me off as I took divining to mean divination, and I was wondering how in hell one practices divination with sugar. I have since figured out that the word divining also means to "know" and that (thank you G, lol) sugar can also be used as a ghost corn for the dead. So I have gathered what I need to do to the fire what I was doing in my dream and at the next appropriate time will start working with this new "ritual" for the dead and for those with whom I work, using sugar as my offering for Those of the North Road.

M

Guest Elfyd

M,

Was the dream before or after the conversation re. sugar being used once ignited? Could this have relevance?

FFFF

Elf

This makes sense as sugar is what all foods are broken down in to and what our body runs on. I was thinking on a similar offering to the spirits last night that involved sugar. There is also lore that the land spirts or fae also like offerings with sugary things like cakes and honey with milk. Not only is sugar important to the body, but in the past it has been very hard to obtain as it had to processed from something else, either sugar cane or a bees nest, therefore making it a worthy offering one had to go to lengths to obtain.

M,

Was the dream before or after the conversation re. sugar being used once ignited? Could this have relevance?

FFFF

Elf

After Elf - I brought up the sugar due to the dream. The ancestors like sweet things, so sugae actually makes a lot of sense (or some form of it - honey, molasses, etc.).

M

I've always wanted to make a simple syrup or lemon syrup for drinks in the summer, and perhaps midsummer would be a very appropriate time to whip some up for drinks and offerings. Let us know how it pans out, M.

Guest ZenDraegan

Here is what was practiced in our family tradition using confectioners sugar.

The diviner places the confectioners sugar, on a table or other flat surface and then lets up to 25 needles fall onto the surface. What is revealed in the sugar in terms of shapes, designs and patterns as well as the shapes, designs and patterns that the needles create are then used to forecast future events. This method can be performed in a small container with a flat surface to minimize the powdery mess that is created. I suppose you could substitute this with flour, or other powder like substances as well if needed. I do know that confectioners sugar was used to divine the "sweetness" of the situation being divined. I know this isnt my usual in depth post, but thought it would apply none the less!

Here is what was practiced in our family tradition using confectioners sugar.

The diviner places the confectioners sugar, on a table or other flat surface and then lets up to 25 needles fall onto the surface. What is revealed in the sugar in terms of shapes, designs and patterns as well as the shapes, designs and patterns that the needles create are then used to forecast future events. This method can be performed in a small container with a flat surface to minimize the powdery mess that is created. I suppose you could substitute this with flour, or other powder like substances as well if needed. I do know that confectioners sugar was used to divine the "sweetness" of the situation being divined. I know this isnt my usual in depth post, but thought it would apply none the less!

That sounds pretty neat. MIght try that sometime.

I wonder if " raw " sugar would offer a fire, differently than refined or powdered. I've done this a few times in my path workings. I take small uniform pieces of white paper, I write down my short commings or those that I wish to negate from my life, or people who every time I've encountered them, their names. As they have brought negativity to my life, on more than one occassion. I submerge the written request into a sugar bath and coat it thrououghly, let it dry, then light the paper on fire, as it disapates, so do my short commings and or people. But I wonder if raw would be more natural than refined :thinking:

Regards,

Gypsy

I wonder if " raw " sugar would offer a fire, differently than refined or powdered. I've done this a few times in my path workings. I take small uniform pieces of white paper, I write down my short commings or those that I wish to negate from my life, or people who every time I've encountered them, their names. As they have brought negativity to my life, on more than one occassion. I submerge the written request into a sugar bath and coat it thrououghly, let it dry, then light the paper on fire, as it disapates, so do my short commings and or people. But I wonder if raw would be more natural than refined :thinking:

Regards,

Gypsy

Don't know for sure , but I would think that raw sugar or white granulated sugar would be better than powered (if this is what you mean by refined). Powered sugar is usually mixed with corn starch, wheat flour or calcium phosphate. I like the idea of submerging , drying and burning,, I have used a simple syrup in the "honey jar" fashion but not in this way. Since I love to burn things.. I may try this out...

About a week or so ago I had a dream where I was doing something specific with a fire, adn then I threw several packs of sugar onto it and the woke up, but just as I awoke a voice said very loudly "Divining the "******". The asterisks are a word I don't want to write that to me is a word for the north road of the compass - the road of the dead, the ancestors, the gods

M

Michele, Not asking you to reveal the word but I am more interested in how you came to associate the word with the the north road. Was this something that you read, dreamed or was told during workings? The reason I ask, in the the past I have received messages or names for certain objects or "things" in dreams and during trance work.. so it peaked my curiosity..

Don't know for sure , but I would think that raw sugar or white granulated sugar would be better than powered (if this is what you mean by refined). Powered sugar is usually mixed with corn starch, wheat flour or calcium phosphate. I like the idea of submerging , drying and burning,, I have used a simple syrup in the "honey jar" fashion but not in this way. Since I love to burn things.. I may try this out...

I guess I mean, "Processed" Ldy, versus " Raw ". Yes, Fire good.

Regards,

Gypsy

Michele, Not asking you to reveal the word but I am more interested in how you came to associate the word with the the north road. Was this something that you read, dreamed or was told during workings? The reason I ask, in the the past I have received messages or names for certain objects or "things" in dreams and during trance work.. so it peaked my curiosity..

The are many things that can represent the north road from owls to air to the colour black and more. The reference I heard was not any big secret and I've seen it written down before. But this dream is a ritual and one I am supposed to do specificaly for some contact I had been recently working on, complete with the specific offering to be "sacrificed" and as such I did not want to put down the actual name of the ritual. Sounds daft, I know, but it wasn't something meant to be just wafted around the net, but something I am actually meant to do on a regular basis and build upon. This working will grow from here and will be one of my personal rituals. That may prod one to ask why I even posted about it at all, then, if I didn't want it wafting around the net. I suppose there two reasons - people rarely post of unwritten rituals or private rituals and for the person (me, lol) who has no teacher other than the unseen ones I found it hard in the beginning to know what to look for and to recognize things for what they were. Like most I found books to be dead-ends (although books are a passion of mine and are of great worth, there does come a time when one has to move past them). And people often post extremely ambigious advice about finding one's own way and being one's own teacher, yet few people actually understand HOW to do that and no one ever seems to want to say what to watch for and it can be misleading. Many could have a dream and think "oh - cool dream" but not know where to go from there or what to do with it or even realize that it is the basics of a ritual. And if one just realize that, if one just starts putting forth the effort with what info was given, impulse from other will guide the way. I think some people might like to hear that, I know I would have loved to know that instead of the vague references to divined rituals that I just assumed in my naviete were 7 page instruction dreams and was jealous and disehartened that I never got any dreams like that. And the second reason is my personality, lol. I'm an exuberant (sp?) person who loves my craft and Those I work with and I just enjoy talking about it. (And when I was done typing this I took a sip of my water and got a mouthful of dying moth that had flown into it. Ahhhh... the joys of the north road, lol.)

M

Guest Elfyd

M,

The only reference to me on the "north road" would be Draco's Realm and that is a spiral path. Perhaps the nowl and where that takes us?

FFFF

Elf

The are many things that can represent the north road from owls to air to the colour black and more. The reference I heard was not any big secret and I've seen it written down before. But this dream is a ritual and one I am supposed to do specificaly for some contact I had been recently working on, complete with the specific offering to be "sacrificed" and as such I did not want to put down the actual name of the ritual. Sounds daft, I know, but it wasn't something meant to be just wafted around the net, but something I am actually meant to do on a regular basis and build upon. This working will grow from here and will be one of my personal rituals. That may prod one to ask why I even posted about it at all, then, if I didn't want it wafting around the net. I suppose there two reasons - people rarely post of unwritten rituals or private rituals and for the person (me, lol) who has no teacher other than the unseen ones I found it hard in the beginning to know what to look for and to recognize things for what they were. Like most I found books to be dead-ends (although books are a passion of mine and are of great worth, there does come a time when one has to move past them). And people often post extremely ambigious advice about finding one's own way and being one's own teacher, yet few people actually understand HOW to do that and no one ever seems to want to say what to watch for and it can be misleading. Many could have a dream and think "oh - cool dream" but not know where to go from there or what to do with it or even realize that it is the basics of a ritual. And if one just realize that, if one just starts putting forth the effort with what info was given, impulse from other will guide the way. I think some people might like to hear that, I know I would have loved to know that instead of the vague references to divined rituals that I just assumed in my naviete were 7 page instruction dreams and was jealous and disehartened that I never got any dreams like that. And the second reason is my personality, lol. I'm an exuberant (sp?) person who loves my craft and Those I work with and I just enjoy talking about it. (And when I was done typing this I took a sip of my water and got a mouthful of dying moth that had flown into it. Ahhhh... the joys of the north road, lol.)

M

Doesn’t sound daft at all, I completely understand. I am one of those people who are reluctant to post my private workings and rituals (not fond of that word but couldn’t think of another). Although I have a family lineage of craft, I have branched out past those teachings in search of something more. As you stated, there are few resources out there for these kinds of things and it relies on the person to adapt and create. This takes a great deal of awareness and determination. We receive guidance in the forms of dreams and intuition from the Others… but formatting it into working and a path is difficult. A 7 page ritual? No thanks… LOL. I for one appreciate your exuberance and willingness to share your ponderings and ideas.. I always enjoy your posts..

M,

The only reference to me on the "north road" would be Draco's Realm and that is a spiral path. Perhaps the nowl and where that takes us?

FFFF

Elf

Hey - I don't know what Draco's Realm is.. I googled it but came up mostly with Draco Malphoy, lol. The north road to me is one of the roads of the compass. I used to use Earth as north, but after reading and discussing the use of north as the road of the ancestors and the dead rather than the earth it made much more sense to me, so I now use north as air and the road to the spirits. The nowl I see more as the center in occult workings, but lately my compass has had the cauldron in the center, but it can be used as either. The nowl is that which around everything turns, so it is also the center, but the cauldron is the ever-changing and is all the roads meeting in the center. Cochrane said that the cauldron is "movement" and in that I agree - it is the changing - the herbs cooked into potion, the incense burned into smoke, the dead born to the living and the living born to the dead. The constant movement of change. And all the roads meet up in the cauldron. The only other road I have done any in depth work with is the east road of fire, and that was due to my keris blade (who also helped me figure the east as fire and the north as air due to it's insistance on being a fire impliment, lol). But the north road (north compass point) is the one I walk to contact those who guide me. It is the road of the dead, the spirits, wisdom. It is the ever-and-never-changing road (at least to me), and one that must be walked personally by the individual for it is a revelation that can't be garnered from another's experiences. The most one can do is encourage others to walk its path.

M

Edited becuase even I couldn't stand all the typos, lol...

Doesn’t sound daft at all, I completely understand. I am one of those people who are reluctant to post my private workings and rituals (not fond of that word but couldn’t think of another). Although I have a family lineage of craft, I have branched out past those teachings in search of something more. As you stated, there are few resources out there for these kinds of things and it relies on the person to adapt and create. This takes a great deal of awareness and determination. We receive guidance in the forms of dreams and intuition from the Others… but formatting it into working and a path is difficult. A 7 page ritual? No thanks… LOL. I for one appreciate your exuberance and willingness to share your ponderings and ideas.. I always enjoy your posts..

Awwwww, lol... thanks.

M

Guest Elfyd

Hey - I don't know what Draco's Realm is.. I googled it but came up mostly with Draco Malphoy, lol. The north road to me is one of the roads of the compass. I used to use Earth as north, but after reading and discussing the use of north as the road of the ancestors and the dead rather than the earth it made much more sense to me, so I now use north as air and the road to the spirits. The nowl I see more as the center in occult workings, but lately my compass has had the cauldron in the center, but it can be used as either. The nowl is that which around everything turns, so it is also the center, but the cauldron is the ever-changing and is all the roads meeting in the center. Cochrane said that the cauldron is "movement" and in that I agree - it is the changing - the herbs cooked into potion, the incense burned into smoke, the dead born to the living and the living born to the dead. The constant movement of change. And all the roads meet up in the cauldron. The only other road I have done any in depth work with is the east road of fire, and that was due to my keris blade (who also helped me figure the east as fire and the north as air due to it's insistance on being a fire impliment, lol). But the north road (north compass point) is the one I walk to contact those who guide me. It is the road of the dead, the spirits, wisdom. It is the ever-and-never-changing road (at least to me), and one that must be walked personally by the individual for it is a revelation that can't be garnered from another's experiences. The most one can do is encourage others to walk its path.

M

Edited becuase even I couldn't stand all the typos, lol...

Draco, the Dragon. Northern constellation circling/spiraling the celestial pole adjacent to Polaris(Alpha Ursa Majoris), The Pole Star. I see it as a spiral into the nowl/nail and a long path/road to the centre once one such as you has been called.

My ponderings and allusions to what lies beyond the stang have me staring and yearning for that which I have not truly found.

FFFF

Elf

Guest Grimr

You guys both bring up rather interesting paradigms. Without deviating from your original post M, it is a rather frustrating thing to be given

keys and yet not know how to utilize them in a practical sense. Dreams and intuition are great but how does that translate over into working with it on an experiential level. Workings to me aren't always staged events - and I'm reluctant to post detailed workings - but some of the most transformational have been during everyday activities following that stream of intuition and manifesting it - sometimes with no outward motions. I am a practical person, I like working on a practical level - so to me finding the common ground has been the toughest of challenges to face, one I'm ever working with and evolving in my praxis of working.

You guys both bring up rather interesting paradigms. Without deviating from your original post M, it is a rather frustrating thing to be given

keys and yet not know how to utilize them in a practical sense. Dreams and intuition are great but how does that translate over into working with it on an experiential level. Workings to me aren't always staged events - and I'm reluctant to post detailed workings - but some of the most transformational have been during everyday activities following that stream of intuition and manifesting it - sometimes with no outward motions. I am a practical person, I like working on a practical level - so to me finding the common ground has been the toughest of challenges to face, one I'm ever working with and evolving in my praxis of working.

Very much so... I find that some elements of (my) rituals are "staged" - i.e. there is usually incense, candles, and a way of presenting myself and opening a road, but what happens after that is very much open. I also find that the simple act of doing (even if one has no clue what they're doing) kindles something. It's like knocking on a door. Something becomes aware of you. Quite often in "ritual" not much happens, but I almost always find that in the days and nights that follow things happen. And again, this is referring to communication as ritual for me is usually about communication and opening up roads. Spellwork does not require a ritual. Nor, actually, does communication depending on how one defines ritual, lol. I could easily consider sitting under a tree and closing my eyes and calling a very simple "ritual." Doing is the hardest thing for one who works alone. I'm not referring to doing spellwork - that's easy to do and most can garner from books how to do that. But knowing where to start opening roads - or how to start - and most of all starting anyway whether one knows or not. But just to start, period, sets the ball rolling (or the cauldron simmering, lol).

M