Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evy

Transformation

A friend of mine passed away three years ago. It was therapeutic to contemplate death and transformation.

post-932-0-88656800-1308254365_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine passed away three years ago. It was therapeutic to contemplate death and transformation.

What medium is that? Its really interesting.

What conclusions did you reach as a result of this contemplation? Was there an outcome reached or was the act of contemplation itself that which brought relief or solace?

What conclusions did you reach as a result of this contemplation? Was there an outcome reached or was the act of contemplation itself that which brought relief or solace?

Good questions. The topic of death is so heavy. I read about it pertaining to cultures, beliefs and reflected on my own culture and beliefs.

In contemplation to alleviate the shock and disappointment of my friend dying I wanted to learn about death. I learned that life goes on and nothing every really dies, we just see things differently when someone is no longer physically a part of our lives. So the transformation for one person becomes a part of many.

What medium is that? Its really interesting.

It is mixed media. I used earth, dried flowers, watercolors and pencil.

Guest Elfyd

Evy,

I think your piece is super, what a nice way for you to express yourself and your love for your friend and your personal feelings on the matter.

FFFF

Elf

It is mixed media. I used earth, dried flowers, watercolors and pencil.

Its very lovely and creative. Art can be a great emotional outlet at times.

Evy, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Mortality is tricky... just when you think you've got your mind wrapped around it, it slips away again. I think your piece has captured a very peaceful soul.

Thank you all! It is a special painting for me. The process up to completion really helped me to transform and change the I think and feel. I have been interested in choosing brighter, vibrant colors in my other works lately...:atoast: