Blood, Knots, and Cords

I was making a cord tonight that I need for something I am doing on the full moon, and something occurred to me.

For ages I have been freezing my tampons (sorry guys) to save the menstral blood for the day when I no longer have any. The cords I make are braided "raw piping" that upholsterors use to cover with fabric and edge pillows and furniture with. They are extremely soft, pliable and ABSORBENT. Duh (okay so I can be an idiot sometimes). What a great way to save one's menstrual blood - soak the used tampon in some water until it is a deep red. Soak the braided cord one has made during an appropriate time to the working in the "blood dye" and then one can use whatever one is working with to tie the energies of the blood into the cord. Hang it up to let it thoroughly dry and the energy and blood is nicely stored, won't mold, and you don't have to worry about power-outages and defrosting tampons. Simply use the cord and untie the knots. Ta-da!

M

I have a Lunette to collect my menstrual blood. If you're not squeamish, a very eco-friendly and cost-effective way to manage your period, not to mention that the blood comes out of it flowing instead of absorbed and needing to be soaked out.

And I see someone just mentioned that. My bad for not reading every reply before speaking. :)

Edited by Kaya DeDanu

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I read on the following link http://bardpath.cana...1/05/index.html (Le Sang/the blood) (article is in French), that a lady called Lyra believes that offering menstrual blood is too easy; that the blood flows anyway. She believes that only blood obtained through pain (such as pricking one's finger) and on purpose is suitable for spells. She believes that menstrual blood is not a real sacrifice.

Thought I should add this here,

Kind regs,

Heks

coffee.gif

(in my humble opinion, blood is blood but maybe I am wrong?)

Hi again,

lol,

I have a question: you know how when you're angry, you can say (and feel!) your blood is boiling? I had that this week, in relation to the antics of my misery guts of an ex-husband. Now, I wonder, if you extract blood at such a moment in time (something I failed to do, actually), then would this blood be particularly useful in workings where you want seriously potent power to be directed, such as in a protection ritual or banishment?

Just a thought,

Kind regards,

Heks thinking.gif

(edited to make my meaning clearer!)

Edited by Heks

I read on the following link http://bardpath.cana...1/05/index.html (Le Sang/the blood) (article is in French), that a lady called Lyra believes that offering menstrual blood is too easy; that the blood flows anyway. She believes that only blood obtained through pain (such as pricking one's finger) and on purpose is suitable for spells. She believes that menstrual blood is not a real sacrifice.

As she says, "C'est ça aussi, de ne jamais rien faire comme tout le monde ... !" (For those who don't speak/read French, it roughly translates to "It's also true that I don't ever work the same as the rest of the world."

Most of the rest of the world believes that menstrual blood is more powerful than that of a pinprick. While the blood you get from a pinprick is part of what sustains life, menstrual blood is part of what creates life.

Chacun à son goût.

I have a question: you know how when you're angry, you can say (and feel!) your blood is boiling? I had that this week, in relation to the antics of my misery guts of an ex-husband. Now, I wonder, if you extract blood at such a moment in time (something I failed to do, actually), then would this blood be particularly useful in workings where you want seriously potent power to be directed, such as in a protection ritual or banishment?

If you believe it to be so, then it would be.

As she says, "C'est ça aussi, de ne jamais rien faire comme tout le monde ... !" (For those who don't speak/read French, it roughly translates to "It's also true that I don't ever work the same as the rest of the world."

Most of the rest of the world believes that menstrual blood is more powerful than that of a pinprick. While the blood you get from a pinprick is part of what sustains life, menstrual blood is part of what creates life.

Chacun à son goût.

Thank you, Mountain Witch, for your answers; they are very helpful!

Kind regards,

Heks smile.gif

Chacun à son goût.

Thank you so much for the translation into English. I'm Canadian, but don't understand, speak, read, write a word of French. In fact, I most miserably failed my final grade 7 exam in conversational french - my excuse is we had a real lousy teach - Really! But, even with a good teacher - I probably would have still failed.

AM, happy to oblige. I'll translate anything from French you might need - even that whole article if you'd like. Just holler! (I had a GREAT teacher in high school - not so much university.)

Thanks Mountain Witch! I would like to read the article.

Hi again,

lol,

Just a thought,

Kind regards,

Heks thinking.gif

(edited to make my meaning clearer!)

I think so and here is why.... As witches we direct and can manipulate energy. What is blood but our lifeline, and in my opinion, brimming with energy. When you are bullshit or upset your blood could very well be pumping through your system at increasing force (hence why some wind up having raised systolic pressure when pissed off or stressed). It is bound to be alive with energy. I think if I were to use blood I would use it for the intent depending on my mood. If I was pissed off and drew blood, that may be great for me to use in a curse. Fully happy and alive may be better for some kind of happy craft. :D

Well, that was a fun exercise! I'll admit that my French is a little formal and runs more to business; not flowery, descriptive and idiomatic. The literal translation made her sound like an idiot. I hope I did her justice. (There are a couple of stilted phrases but I just couldn't figure out how to say it smoothly in English.)

The Blood.pdf

Hi!

Thought I should add this here,

Kind regs,

Heks

coffee.gif

(in my humble opinion, blood is blood but maybe I am wrong?)

I do see blood obtained through cutting as very different than menstrual blood, and use it for different things. To me one is not more powerful than the other, just have different uses in my practice. However, to say that menstrual blood is less powerful and not suitable for spellwork sounds looney to me.

• Upvote 1

OT: If you come across a website in a language foreign to you Google's web browser Chrome will give you the option to translate it then and there or you can always pop over to http://translate.google.com/

M, I don't use Google Chrome but I can tell you that online translators more often than not make a hash of it because they do a literal translation ... they're not able to take into account language nuances. If it's a language I speak, it's a lot easier & faster to do my own than to translate the translation!

Well, that was a fun exercise! I'll admit that my French is a little formal and runs more to business; not flowery, descriptive and idiomatic. The literal translation made her sound like an idiot. I hope I did her justice. (There are a couple of stilted phrases but I just couldn't figure out how to say it smoothly in English.)

Thank you for translating that MW. It was an interesting article to read.

I do see blood obtained through cutting as very different than menstrual blood, and use it for different things. To me one is not more powerful than the other, just have different uses in my practice. However, to say that menstrual blood is less powerful and not suitable for spellwork sounds looney to me.

I agree with this. Blood is a very powerful thing, no matter how it obtained, but each has it's own uses. To break it down, if you're creating something that has a mostly positive aspect or even a protective nature, then menstrual blood is a good thing to use. However if you are creating something negative, destroying something(cursing) or putting up something like a barrier that has negative consequences when penetrated, then cutting ones self may be best. I also think things of desperate measures and certain types of offerings are best if you open flesh, as it shows you're serious.

believes that offering menstrual blood is too easy; that the blood flows anyway. She believes that only blood obtained through pain (such as pricking one's finger) and on purpose is suitable for spells. She believes that menstrual blood is not a real sacrifice.

As I equate menses as a right of passage. One that indicates I am no longer a girl but a woman, a woman capable of growing, sustaining and ultimately giving birth to another living being, an extremely painful experience I would like to add. Menstrual blood holds great power and significance to me. So to imply that is is easy or less valuable than a simple pin prick is ludicrous in my opinion.

Agree, I also see a difference in the uses of blood obtained from menses and drawing via prick or cut. Especially from a sympathetic standpoint. Both are valuable, powerful and an asset to workings.

But the blood running in the veins is destined to stay there. The taking of this as an offering is, in my eyes, a pure voluntary act. An offering. A truth.

That is until it circulates down the internal iliac artery to the uterine artery and thus expelled. As the life of a blood cell is approximately 120 days, all blood, even that obtained from a vein or artery has a moribund component .

Thanks for the translation MW.

Wow, I envy that French broad, cutting myself is less painful than my menstrual period...just sayin, not too easy here.

I found the article rather thought provoking (and thank you for the translation MW). I have not used menstral blood in an "offering" type of way unless I was specifically working with a very sexual and vampyric god-form (like Lilith). I've never thought about why I choose menstral blood for her, it just seemed more appropriate for her. Were I for soome reason to desire to leave a blood offering for a male war god-form, I do not think I would use menstral blood. I usually give blood as thank-yous to my rose bush in exchange for roses, but then it usually takes it without asking when I'm cutting the roses, lol. Most plants I leave saliva for, especially in Florida where although we have a wet and humid season the intense heat can make giving something one's own water very meaningful. I think that if one is going to make an offereing it should be something that will have meaning to that for whom it is left. Also, if one happens to be looking to make a sacrifice, then it should be something that the person actually holds as valuable in the given circumstance. Interesting to think about.

M

I have not used menstral blood in an "offering" type of way unless I was specifically working with a very sexual and vampyric god-form (like Lilith). I've never thought about why I choose menstrual blood for her, it just seemed more appropriate for her. Were I for some reason to desire to leave a blood offering for a male war god-form, I do not think I would use menstrual blood. I usually give blood as thank-yous to my rose bush in exchange for roses, but then it usually takes it without asking when I'm cutting the roses, lol. Most plants I leave saliva for, especially in Florida where although we have a wet and humid season the intense heat can make giving something one's own water very meaningful. I think that if one is going to make an offereing it should be something that will have meaning to that for whom it is left. Also, if one happens to be looking to make a sacrifice, then it should be something that the person actually holds as valuable in the given circumstance. Interesting to think about.

In the hoodoo tradition, and other folk-magics, menstrual blood is served to a male in his drink as a means to capture his attention, especially sexually. By filling his sub- conscious with your pheromone scent , you are attracting his sexual arousal and conscious desire. So it can be used as an offering to a male god-form, depending on your intent and desire, the relationship you wish to establish and what the god-form requires.

I like the idea of leaving menses as an offering for roses..

I was thinking the same thing. Blood letting for magical purposes should have little to do with whether or not one way of obtaining blood is easier than the other, at least in my opinion. I can see that the different way may be better for different magic but not one being better than the other, that is looney sounding indeed.

M, I don't use Google Chrome but I can tell you that online translators more often than not make a hash of it because they do a literal translation ... they're not able to take into account language nuances. If it's a language I speak, it's a lot easier & faster to do my own than to translate the translation!

Absolutely! Certainly if you speak the language that's superior. If you don't but know someone who does that's the next best thing. This is a third viable option that I was offering for future reference. Not trying to one-up you ;) (said because I realize now it could have come off as such)

Edited by Marabet

I loved reading this thread as knot magic my favorate way of doing 'spells'... It's just so practical

I spin (using my trusty little drop spindle) my own yarn using wool fleece from my aunt as she keeps sheep. In the past I have used menstrual blood to 'dye' my wool before spinning it ,I've also spun in hair, strips of cloth, feathers, ect and used it for poppets and charms.

I find the act of spinning the dyed wool 'locks' in the energies of my blood and stops it weakening when the blood dries and goes brown. These cords I store for when I need them, I usually keep a couple handy.

There are two ways I use them for knot magic, either I tie a knot to trap a thought or energy with the intention of burning or burying it. Usually though I use them to store energy, I do this by looping the yarn through its self (crochet chain stitch) while saying myintent, visualising ect. Then when I need it I can just pull the end and theloops unravel releasing the energy again.

I have never used blood from a pin prick this way only because I can prick my finger whenever but I have to wait up to amonth for menstrual blood. I've also not used menstrual blood as a sacrifice for the same reason.

I like the idea of leaving menses as an offering for roses..

I will just nip in and say that using menstrual blood as an offering or "feed" for plants may cause them to grow insanely! Which is precisely what happened to a piddly little aloe vera i bought because i felt sorry for it ( had about 3 leaves )

It ended up a 2and a half foot monster with numerous babies.