Blood, Knots, and Cords

Just make sure they're kept away from regular icecubes... particularly if a visiting guest asks for a chilled drink :o

I usually find myself untying knots than tying them. I know up plastic bags as they take up less space that way, I'm usually having to unravel cables and jewellery though, if something tangled up nearby is unattended I'll usually find myself unravelling it without noticing I'm doing it!

I only know a couple of knots, most are based on either securing something onto a cord or a slip-knot that secures over another object. Do certain types of knots have more suited purposes in relation to workings? From personal experience, that is.

They'll never notice the dodgy cubes if you serve Ribena :o :P

I actually really enjoy unravelling knots in jewellery. Necklaces and so on. I find it quite relaxing ^^

I'm crap at knots and weaving. But I do make willow rings quite often for no particular reason. I hung one on the back garden gate, have one round a bedpost in my room, and made another with a pentagram in it ( also willow ) which hangs in my window and keeps the Jehovas at bay :P

Edited by Honeythorn

I personally think that mixing seman and vaginal fluid in a philtre would be a great addition to "birthing" a spell, but I don't have a good source from which to collect. Although my son has often and without question left me a coffee mug full of urine on the counter before he left for school, I just don't feel right asking him to leave me a cup of seamen, lol. But seamen ismissing the "dark" nature that can be applied to menstral blood. I see menstral blood as having both a dark and a light nature, whereas I see semen as purely creative in nature. If I was a man and I wanted to use seamen (geez, how many different ways did I spell that in this post?) with a dark nature I would have to eject in a darker way - asphication (sp?) would be a good way but dangerous. But it would definitely add the necessary darker aspect to the fluid. Life and death in seamen could also be semen from a rape, but that's going to extremes and I would never condone that action. It would be very hard to get both the life and the death aspect from seamen. How the fuck do you spell semen?

M

Hey M, Sorry to dig up this old post, but I just wondered what was your thinking behind semen missing the 'dark' nature, and menstral blood having both light and dark. thanks muchly :P

Because seamen is active, it is life, it is sperm waiting to make a baby. Menstrual blood is the blood that can nourish the fertalized egg, but when it is shed it is the baby that didn't make it (i.e. there was no fertalized egg). So in the respect it represents "death" of a child, yet prior to that state it can be the nourishing of the life of a child. In that respect it has been likened to Lilith. But to me, semen lacks that darker aspect. An interesting saide - many women ovulate on the full and bleed on the dark moon.

M

• Upvote 1

Because seamen is active, it is life, it is sperm waiting to make a baby. Menstrual blood is the blood that can nourish the fertalized egg, but when it is shed it is the baby that didn't make it (i.e. there was no fertalized egg). So in the respect it represents "death" of a child, yet prior to that state it can be the nourishing of the life of a child. In that respect it has been likened to Lilith. But to me, semen lacks that darker aspect. An interesting saide - many women ovulate on the full and bleed on the dark moon.

M

So now I'm a little curious. What if the man had a vasectomy and was shooting blanks? Would not that too be a darker energy. It would be ejaculation with no hope of making a child so the sex would be "fruitless"(no pun intended) and all about the unghing and quivering, and shooting. Also if a man is infertile by nature would he not already have a "curse" (for lack of a better word) or a "connection" preexisting with Lilith?

An interesting saide - many women ovulate on the full and bleed on the dark moon.

M

I'm one of those woman on the most part. My breasts also swell full and round like the moon. :angry:

Just make sure they're kept away from regular icecubes... particularly if a visiting guest asks for a chilled drink :o

I usually find myself untying knots than tying them. I know up plastic bags as they take up less space that way, I'm usually having to unravel cables and jewellery though, if something tangled up nearby is unattended I'll usually find myself unravelling it without noticing I'm doing it!

I only know a couple of knots, most are based on either securing something onto a cord or a slip-knot that secures over another object. Do certain types of knots have more suited purposes in relation to workings? From personal experience, that is.

I use regular knots to bind, block or fix something in place. I use slip knots as way for someone to only hurt themselves more with their actions but not anyone else. Kind of like quicksand, the more you struggle and fight, the more you fuck yourself over and sink.

So now I'm a little curious. What if the man had a vasectomy and was shooting blanks? Would not that too be a darker energy. It would be ejaculation with no hope of making a child so the sex would be "fruitless"(no pun intended) and all about the unghing and quivering, and shooting. Also if a man is infertile by nature would he not already have a "curse" (for lack of a better word) or a "connection" preexisting with Lilith?

I agree, a natural infertility holds power and intent...But unnatural infertillity is sorta "sterile" (pun intended) And holds no intent and just a pretence of power.

But on the actual fluids produced during sex these have plenty of intent, ie; the coming together of male and female, balance, hedonistic pleasure, total loss of control and reality (if its done right boyz/girls), and well list goes on.

I think in a lot of ways during copulation, whether male/female or even single sex coupling, the energies envolved are pretty strong. I think these fluids produced are of use if kept and used during a working. So therefore unless a fertile, potential baby making sex fluids are called for the others could be used.

Think it all depends on your use for it is.

I don't know if I'm the right person to answer this becuase I'm a woman so I am obviousley going to urelate to bleeding much better than I would semen (I finally looked up how to spell that, lol), but I think that most cultres recognize the dark aspects of menstruation. There is a mystery to the moon-blood, at times there was even a fear of it by men. Although these days we understand the physical "mystery" of it, it is still imbued and surrounded by that association. It is related to the dark moon - it is mystery, hidden, deep, inner, powerful. From tribale cultures to Howard Stern ("never trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die") there's always been that mystery. It is woman who give live and and by chosing celebacy, she also gives death. A woman also gives death simply becuse she provides the creative form for the force of the male. Once life has form, it is dying.

M

M

WR, bloody mary? I prefer a good ceasar made with gin. :D

I love my divacup for that reason. I use an old pill vial to collect and freeze it. My SO knows that anything in a pill vial around our place is probably best left untouched! lol I have a ton of embroidery floss at home... *wheels are turning....*

WR, bloody mary? I prefer a good ceasar made with gin. :D

I love my divacup for that reason. I use an old pill vial to collect and freeze it. My SO knows that anything in a pill vial around our place is probably best left untouched! lol I have a ton of embroidery floss at home... *wheels are turning....*

I'm a tater juice girl, Love me a Cosmo...

I have done this with floss, spools of thread and 100% cotton yarn .. dip, dry and store.. the possibilities are endless.

• 3 weeks later...

On a practical note since I can't contribute towards the magical area of the discussion, I would suggest an easier way for collecting the blood would be to purchase and use a menstrual cup.

In the UK these are called Mooncups, and in the US I believe they're called Diva cups. Thy're extremely comfortable and easy to use ( and far more environmentally friendly ) , though of course even so they may not suit everyone. But I would highly reccomend one to anyone who's not heard of them or tried one yet.

You would simply need to remove the cup, and there you have a little rubber goblet full of blood to use fresh, or even as I think of it.... if you wanted to , you could keep a small separate ice cube tray handy and make blood cubes to freeze :cool: :oil-bottle: . Obviously keep that tray tied up in a bag or tub in the freezer to keep it away from food.

That way you wouldn't have to dilute it with water to get at it ( unless that was the intention of course ) simply pop out a cube and away you go !

I, too, use a mooncup. As you say it is much more environmentally friendly, easy to handle, to collect blood of magical purposes. But I also think they are generally better because they help women comfront their bodies. I'm sure most, if not all of the women here are perfectly at ease with their bodies cycles; and much more aware than most of the things going in and coming out of their bodies; but I know far too many women who won't, and will never face the things that their bodies do. :(

Indeed. I actually work with women who until only a few months ago did not know that the urethra was called just that, or that it was situated directly above the vagina/vulva.

Where on earth they thought they were peeing from I'll never know. The reaction when I explained this was.. " urrrgh OMG that's disgusting! " O.o

Edited by Honeythorn

I agree, a natural infertility holds power and intent...But unnatural infertillity is sorta "sterile" (pun intended) And holds no intent and just a pretence of power.

But on the actual fluids produced during sex these have plenty of intent, ie; the coming together of male and female, balance, hedonistic pleasure, total loss of control and reality (if its done right boyz/girls), and well list goes on.

I think in a lot of ways during copulation, whether male/female or even single sex coupling, the energies envolved are pretty strong. I think these fluids produced are of use if kept and used during a working. So therefore unless a fertile, potential baby making sex fluids are called for the others could be used.

Think it all depends on your use for it is.

Having had a vasectomy many years ago to disable my ability to procreate I was drawn into this topic by the "sterile" and "dark" connotations here. I wonder now how I am to be looked upon in this little community of ours if regarded as now sterile and dark.

For myself the operation was a boon, for my sexuality and vigour and the knowledge that my wife(at the time) and i would not have the offspring that we decided we should not have.

In a magical aspect you have made me think on this though as I now use the dark often.

FFFF

Elf

Hmm...adding to the vasectomy thread,I too have had one and so I now fire blanks. In my group we use body fluids for certain rituals. One of these is for Beltane whereby the male chosen one, will go into the woods, draw down the Horned God into him when he will return to the coven to seek out his mate. This lady will then accompany him back to the woods where the Belatne rite is fulfilled. We always ensure that the male will ejaculate onto the ground as it is the passing of the semen back to the earth that matters for us.

Now, as i've had the vasectomy does that make the ritual invalid when I perform the role or does the fact that the ejaculate comes from a sexual act still count?

It is woman who give live and and by chosing celebacy, she also gives death.

I would think this would apply to males or females and to those that have chosen to be sterilized also. (sterile female here, tubes cut, cauterized, and I think knotted too)

I would think this would apply to males or females and to those that have chosen to be sterilized also. (sterile female here, tubes cut, cauterized, and I think knotted too)

Okay Aloe, this made me cringe, when it was decided between my ex and that I should do the the "thing" because of the cost initially she reminded me that the female version was more complex. I had no idea that it was so gorey and extensive. To all of you females that have the choice I would urge you to persuade your man to take the hit himself.

FFFF

Elf

Okay Aloe, this made me cringe, when it was decided between my ex and that I should do the the "thing" because of the cost initially she reminded me that the female version was more complex. I had no idea that it was so gorey and extensive. To all of you females that have the choice I would urge you to persuade your man to take the hit himself.

FFFF

Elf

They actually have two procedures for women now that are simple, no surgery, out-patient procedures (Essure and Adiana)! I'm very excited about it and will be getting it done as soon as I find a doctor willing to sterilize a young female without children.

My male also cringes at the thought of getting his bits snipped and I've wanted to get sterilized since I was little, so I figure I'll just do it.

Back to "cringe" time again, snipping reminds me of mine, and the rock-facing I did the next day, boy that was a mistake!

FFFF

Elf

• 3 months later...

I view menstral blood as intensley strong. It is the blood of life and death in a different way from "regular" blood. It is the Lilith-blood of death, the child that wasn't conceived. It is the blood of life - that which would feed the fetus. It is the blood that marks the power of a woman to create. It is the blood that men fear. I find I am strongest when bleeding; I find it dark and sensual and powerful. I also love the smell of menstral blood (did I ever lie to you? did I ever claim to be normal????).

M

So you are the first person I have "met" who feels the same about it as I do. Most people look at me like I'm nuts when I talk about how much I love menstruation. Needless to say, I'm right there with you!

(Now back to reading the thread...)

Honeythorn beat me to mentioning a menstrual cup and "blood cubes". Great minds! ;)

As for a woman with a tubal being "sterile" I'm not sure I agree with that. A tubal (which I have) serves to block pregnancy vs. take away the possibility for it. Case in point I have know a handful of women who have managed to get pregnant with a tubal (yes, that scares me). And men don't always fire blanks with a vasectomy, either. Not to get all Jeff Goldblume but nature finds a way. These procedures are attempts at prevention but aren't the same as removing the entire organ or possibility. Though I would agree that a man who has had a vasectomy is "diluted" in a way that potential still remains carries something with it for me.

To me mensural blood and semen represent female and male and come with their own power, I guess you could say, beyond actual literal procreation. I even use red to represent female and white male when I use candles or what have you. They represent sex, male/female, life, and therefore the All to me. My favorite way to collect the two? Sorry for the visual but when I am in my first day or second of my cycle (so flowing heavily) I have unprotected sex with my husband and collect the fluid in a jar by squatting over it immediately afterwards. That was rather personal, but there ya go.