Sign in to follow this  
Dawn

What are you reading ATM

A huge-ass tome on Runes. I've also been re-reading some books from my childhood, I'm so going to tackle the whole "Anne of Green Gables" saga.

I'm really bad at sticking to one book at a time.

Series:

The way of Shadows (Night Angel #1) by Brent Weeks.

The eye of the world (Wheel of time #1) by Robert Jordan

Flirt (Anita Blake, vampire hunter #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Untamed (House of Night #4) by P.C. Cast

Other:

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

I also remember I was reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind for the second time. I read the entire series, but then Goodkind decided he needed to write more books about Richard and Kahlan.

Reading: some historical mysteries. Just finished: The Flowers of the Field by Sarah Harrison (novel about ww1). Listening to: The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgwick. (Again, WW1)

To read: Emma Wilby's books

In progress: Traditional Cornish Witchcraft, The Black Toad, Apocalyptic Witchcraft & The Devil's Dozen. Now that I've started reading again (I was too mentally exhausted to read for several weeks), I can enjoy these.

I am currently reading two books:

Witchy: Traditional Witchcraft for the Woods and Forests by Melusine Draco

Non-witchy: The Innocent killer by Michael Griesbach

@west of the moon, traditional Cornish witchcraft AND the black toad are in my, "books I started reading and must get back to next" list:)

I have about 7 different books on the go. I tend to buy books to read, then the mobile library comes round (I live really rural so a mobile library comes to my town - how cool is that?), but here goes on my list:

The Black Toad - Gemma Gary

The Devil's Dozen - Gemma Gary

The Visions of Isobel Gowdie - Emma Wilby

How To Write Your Own Spells - Sophia DeGregorio

Illuminating the Prophecy (Raven's Prophecy Tarot Book) - Maggie Stiefvater

The Natural Psychic - Ellen Dugan (I know, I know but I don't mind her)

Heir of Fire - Sarah J Maas

The Poison Diaries - Maryrose Wood (okay I have read this like 5 times but I love it)

The Tradition of Household Spirits: Ancestral Lore and Practices
Book by Claude Lecouteux

and 

Darkest Angel by V.C andrews- Im such a sucker for her work, since highschool!

Thanks guys.  Have been snooping around for something new to add to my book collection, and have just ordered The Cunning Man's Handbook.

@AutumnMoon, never knew about the Black Chair Interviews, I do now, cheers!

@Oroboros, hope my postman can carry it!

So excited as I finally got my copy of "The Witches Ointment" by Thomas Hatsis in the post today. Waited for two weeks on it coming so I am excited to start it. :D

So excited as I finally got my copy of "The Witches Ointment" by Thomas Hatsis in the post today. Waited for two weeks on it coming so I am excited to start it. :D

I have this book, it's quite good, an interesting perspective on the history of the Flying Ointment.

I am reading "Cunning Folk & Familiar Spirits" by Emma Wilby. An incredible read.

I'm also going to revisit the incredible "Return to Coatlicue" by Grisel Gomez-Cano after I finish with this one.

I am reading "Cunning Folk & Familiar Spirits" by Emma Wilby. An incredible read.

I'm also going to revisit the incredible "Return to Coatlicue" by Grisel Gomez-Cano after I finish with this one.

Ohhh I just got this in the mail! I can't wait to start reading it!

I am currently reading "It's Written in the Cards" by Dr. Leo Martello along with "Card Reader's Handbook" by Regina Russell-both on the subject of cartomancy. The first was more difficult to locate, while the latter is easily available. Both good books so far.

I am currently reading "Sacred Plant Initiations" by Carol Guyett. Interesting book about 'dieting' on plants so that their spirits can come through and teach you. I find this interesting because the focus is not on Amazonian plants like I have experience with but European ones.

Since I am new to traditional craft I had a bit of a splurge with some spare money and bought these books after looking for recommendations on the forum:

Witchcraft Medicine

13 Moons

The Call of the Horned Piper

Natural Magic

Mastering Witchcraft

Traditional Witchcraft: A Cornish book of Ways

This will keep me busy for some time to come but I am quite serious on learning the craft. So I guess you should expect some book reviews over the next few months..

Letters from the Devil's Forest by Robin Artisson. Still quite early into the hefty thing, but it's been a pleasure so far.

Fitzgerald's Arcanum Bestiarum and Nigel Jackson's Masks of Misrule

I can't read one thing at a time.  Arcanum is just an all around enjoyable read.  Lots of folklore and interesting things.  Masks has been a pleasure as well, even if I do find some of Jackson's research a bit iffy. 

Read *Strategic Sorcery* by Jason Miller. I have two of his other books (Fianancial Sorcery & Protection Magic) so it was nice to complete the circle, so to speak. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Next, I'm reading travsha's books :)

I just read "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" by Cherie Priest. It's riveting. If you like your books to be creepy and dripping with Southern Gothic, this book is for you!

Grimoire of the Thorn Blooded Witch by Raven Grimassi. I'm new and easing into Traditional Witchcraft slowly.I just started it last night, laying in bed and read most of the intro before my cat sat on my chest indicating ear scratching was more important. He has definite opinions on this.

Well, I finished Thorn Blooded Witch. Disappointing. It's just Wicca with different words and ceremonial slap-dash. However, since a relationship with the Plant Spirits is my weakness, it did give a way to start with sigils representing the plants...but not how to meet and openly sense them. Patience....

I'm alternating rereading The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins and rereading all of the Bordertown books I own.

I just read "Four and Twenty Blackbirds" by Cherie Priest. It's riveting. If you like your books to be creepy and dripping with Southern Gothic, this book is for you!

Sounds like my cup of tea! I'll have to look this one up! Thank you for the review.

Edited by Solanaceae

Well, I finished Thorn Blooded Witch. Disappointing. It's just Wicca with different words and ceremonial slap-dash.

Yep, I agree with this completely.

Sign in to follow this