Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgana

Immediate Help Needed

I'm attaching a picture of my new Woodbaby. Its a Grypgon and she needs a name...some exotic, different? Its a little thing I wear with my Ren Rair garb. It has a wire that runs thru my bodice with a knob onthe end so that I can turn its head back and forth and up and down. Kids freak out when they see it or they want to pet it. My other one is called a bosum baby, that goes in the from of the bodice between the boobs. Its a little baby dragon who I name Sweetie.

So, get me some names.....all replys end up on my blackberry so I can check them tonite, tomorrow morning. I'm hoping you wonderful people will come up with a name by 10am my time!!!!

1733_thumb.attach

No sure if yous still need a name but this one came to mind when i saw her Melatricks (full of mischief and tricks and very playfull)

And she looks very good

Have a great day

OMG i thought we had a national emergency there!!!!

For me, yes, national, no!!! I like both suggestions so far. A little girl yesterday was calling it Jordan, so for yesterday, she was Jordan. Now I have a year to find a good fitting name.

Keep the name coming please!!!!

Maddox, Mjolnir, Sebastian, Ocarina (lol), Sammy, Avocado (I named one of my patchwork kitty dolls this) , Grimshaw, Rufus, Rusty, Verdi, Bartok, Wagner, Fericito, Nacho, Havannah, Ichigo, Jungle, Miso, Peso, Kuro...

If you need more suggestions, I can think of more. :)

OK how about these;

Abatwa, Ankou, Alicanto, Asparas, Amarantha, Bean-Nighe, Bauchan, Bokwus, Bendith y Mamau (ben-dith uh momay), Bennu, Corrigan, Cururipur, Ellyllon, Feeorin, Ferrishyn (Ferrishin), Fyglia, Pechs, or Pehts, Polevik, Wichtlein, Yakshas, Quetzalcoatl,.

:)

hmmm... what about salas? As I remember it means health?

Sarage means fire in swahili... I had a snake named sarage.

So how do you pronounce Sarage?

Now I'm getting too many names.......a friend suggested using a Cherokee name seeing I know some Cherokee.

I am so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked Bartok that was suggested. Sounds "tough" and has a heavy prounciation. This may sound weird but when i name a character in any of my stories i make sure that it sounds good if its yelled as well. So i tend to take a name and yell it out to make sure it sounds alright, i did this naming my dog dante! Good luck!

Ohh, good method LDG, I do this often too.

Sarage is said similar to garage... with a soft G sound ...

I like how the sound of the g resonates off your tongue.

note: it may not actually be swahili come to find out.... I'll have to look into it a little more....

Ohh, good method LDG, I do this often too.

Sarage is said similar to garage... with a soft G sound ...

I like how the sound of the g resonates off your tongue.

note: it may not actually be swahili come to find out.... I'll have to look into it a little more....

Whether its swahili or not, if it means fire, I kinda like it. I was told it looked more like a Phoenix due to its coloring (orange and red).

What ever you call her will be awesome. why not try standing in front of it with your eyes closed take a long breath clear your mind for a sec then open your eyes what ever name comes to you then ( wheather it is from the list of names you have or not)will be the right name as it is what you see her as being. cant hurt :goodluck:

What ever you call her will be awesome. why not try standing in front of it with your eyes closed take a long breath clear your mind for a sec then open your eyes what ever name comes to you then ( wheather it is from the list of names you have or not)will be the right name as it is what you see her as being. cant hurt :goodluck:

Never thought of doing it that way.......being home now, my brain is getting a little mushy lately. :witchbroom:

How did you go finding a name. Would love to hear when you have one :cheerleader:

LDG, one of my cats was named Dante, though as he couldn't miow and only went 'meep' he ended up being called Meep!

And as a name suggestion Teine ( chayn uh) scots for Fire.The scots for flame is a bit boring being lowe but the Irish is Lasair ( loss ir) I got distracted by the colour of it obviously!

Finally, the name came to me......she's been telling me and I did not hear her until today. I found my Cherokee language book and was looking for something for fire bird when something in my brain screamed NEFERTITI!!!!

So thats her name. I also have a small woodbaby (thats what they are) that is a bosom buddy, she sits between the boobs poking out of your shit. So I figured I'd hit the website for ancient egyptian names and KIFI jumped out at me.

Nefertiti - Beautiful one has come

Kifi - bosom of woman

So, we now have names. Thanks for all the suggestions!!! :thankyou:

Oh and if anyone is interested in these little critters....here's the website:

www.fantasypuppet.com

Thery are sold in the UK also!!!