Sign in to follow this  
Startella

Traditional Craft by Startella

Guest EelKat

This thread needs a FaceBook "like" button. :) Wonderfully well put!

(I don't agree with everything you say, but still - this is a great introduction! And as you pointed out, we each have different beliefs and cultures we bring into our practice making every one of us practicing something totally unique from every other witch.)

Edited by EelKat

I absolutely love this post! I am going to read it every morning for the next week to get me in good spirits~

If it is alright with you, I wish to print this out and place it on my wall.

Well written post. I think you have captured the essential being of a traditional witch. It truly is a calling, something we are born into.

Reading this makes me more and more sure that I am on the right path. Thank you for posting. :)

Ditto. All I have to do is reread this thread, and it reminds me that I'm doing what's best for me by just following my instincts and satisfying my curiosity.

Thank you very much for this, Startella!

applause.gif

Guest MissTree

This is such a good post and needs constant bumping :)

Agreed. :cheers:

Guest Elfyd

After more than three years this post is still being having a positive effect on those that read it. This was my first time reading and how it resonates!

FFFF

Elf

I've read the post a number of times now and each time I read it I get something else out of it. It's great, thanks.

Raina

Very well written and inspirational as well. Most of what you said here really rang true for me.

~Ruby

Thank you Startella... it was beautifully said and I can feel the love emanating from it... I'm not very good at putting in writing the things I feel so deeply inside and the things that are so normal and natural to me... the way you wrote resonates so much with what I feel... thank you for being a voice that echos what I feel and cannot express with words :)

When I was deciding whether or not to join this forum I read through this post and it made all the difference. Thank you. For me it really is just something within me that i've felt all along. I am now on the path to developing my path.

Scarlet

I thought it was about time to bump this pinned thread. No matter the specific Path of the Witch, everyone seems to be able to find something that touches them or sparks other conversation.

J

Dear all,

This post is wonderful, Startella, and it encompasses everything I feel at the moment, everything I believe in and don't believe in! As I cut ties with my past, which was imprisoned in religion, and also cut ties with anything lingering from religion, I am so happy to be able to read such a good description of what I feel is right. Traditional Witchcraft is empowering, liberating and is all one ever needs. I discovered that what I have been doing since a young age is called "astral projection" and even this is mentioned here in this post!

Well done, Jevne, for bumping this post!

Kind regards,

Heks witch_bounce.gif

We are drawn to it because it was born in us,

This resonates pretty deeply with me. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

When performing magic we will concentrate on our own power, or and we may call on assistance from a spirit in the spirit world or and ancestors.

It's good to know that I haven't been doing it "wrong" all these years, just that I was doing it a different way--a more "intuitive" way!

Wow, I'd quote this whole post if I could. Great article, I've read it several times over the past few days. I'm glad it got bumped up.

Edited by Kupala
  • Upvote 1

Nicely written. :)

I share some of your thoughts, and others I don't--but most of them I do! Yeah, born that way, no freakin doubt!

Guest Gregori

nicely phrased. i agree.

I know this is an older post but I wanted to say thank you so much for writing it, Startella. It sums everything up so well and really clearly. Really great post :)

I couldn't agree with you more. I could relate to this so much. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this