Teknobard357

Significance of symbols/seals as applied to the body

General occult curiosity.  Is anyone familiar with the concept or practice of drawing or painting seals on a particular body part or placement on the body for magickal purposes? Not specifically tattooing, I was thinking more temporary markings.  

I'm particularly curious about why one would choose specific places on the body and their symbolism, particularly if the symbolism has a meaning that is not immediately obvious or part of standard logic.

I have heard of drawing sigils on the body with lotion, you could use a healing sigil or a beauty sigil with your lotion.  The activation of a Sigil is to draw it and then forget it.

I've had a pentacle tattooed over my heart for many years. It was expanded later, to include a special cat who died too soon. 

It's a gray and white long hair tuxedo girl, coming down a branch. She has white wings and blue eyes. She wears the  pentacle on a chain. The moon peeks over her left shoulder, from behind the clouds.

The tattoo starts midway down my left breast and extends over my left shoulder. 

• Like 1

That is a lovely way to remember your special friend.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, Teknobard357 said:

General occult curiosity.  Is anyone familiar with the concept or practice of drawing or painting seals on a particular body part or placement on the body for magickal purposes? Not specifically tattooing, I was thinking more temporary markings.  

I'm particularly curious about why one would choose specific places on the body and their symbolism, particularly if the symbolism has a meaning that is not immediately obvious or part of standard logic.

I've done this. I also have tattoos, some of which I regret for various reasons, but I guess they "had to be there" due to circumstances at the time. Please be careful with what you tattoo on your body... 

as for locations on the body, well, there are lots of reasons, I suppose. Intuition, appearance, symbolism. The parts of the body have metaphysical meanings "in your hands" "cross your heart" "best foot forward" "in your gut" etc. Acupuncture or acupressure points. Planetary or zodiacal correspondences. Left/right side of body. 

When I have done this, it's been either because the body part was readily accessible/easy to draw on though, to be honest, and not for much other reason. 

Each of my tattoos has been  planned, except one, with what the subject and color mean to me. I didn't consciously decide to have the right be day oriented and the left be night oriented. The rose on my thigh was a dare. A nurse I was working with dared me to get a tattoo on my thigh, and then show it to him. I was 36, so I figured it was my midlife crisis.

• Like 1

I have seen some cool finger tattoos on Pinterest, if I were to get one, I would start small.

I have been contemplating getting a tattoo for years. I have now settled on a few designs I like, but have yet to do it. As an aside, it took me 3 years to decide on a paint color for my living room. Then another 2 years to actually paint. I put a lot of time into the decision. What that says about me is up for debate. I know that a tattoo is permanent and I want it to reflect my decision. 

How about a melting Dali style clock, or an Hourglass.  Time seems to be an issue for you.  I'm just like you , Hemlock, Planning is everything!  Action, well, a little different.

• Like 1

It sounds like you're very detail oriented, Hemlock. That's a good thing when considering tattoos.

• Like 1