Posted (edited)

A customized jeweled spider brooch rests upon her lace painted web.  Round lathe-turned, second hand treasure box.  Lace painted and contour shaded in candy red over black, pearlescent gold and silver.  Even the bottom of the box is painted.  The inside of the box and bottom of the lid are lined with black cherry colored velvet...

20210306_103924.jpg

20210306_103853.jpg

20210306_103915.jpg

20210306_103935.jpg

S5.jpg

Edited by Sagefire

Outdone yourself again Sagefire!   Today, Hubby and I are painting the Bathroom!  Not as glamourous, but nessessary!  Now we are all high on primer!

Yes it is amazing what you can do with second treasures.  I love looking in the thrift shops, my last find was a new leather jacket for $20.  I'm wearing it now, it is perfect.

Hubby and I go to the thrift shops together, only one rule, we have to love it and have a place or use for it.  Or is that two rules?  Wooden boxes are always good.

My bride and I like to thrift.  She does alot of creative sewing and jewelry, she also loves old lamps.  I started picking up boxes and candle holders when I was a teenager.  We revive and resell.

We have a lot of crafty people in Nelson, there is one woman here who does the old type of fabric lampshades, they are beautiful with their long fringes.  She goes under the name of "ShadyLady".  she matches them up with an appropriate old lamp, and the end result is gorgeous!  Boxes and candle holders are always a good find!

Posted (edited)

Lamp shades are fun.  Fringe, crystals and beads, even alcohol inks can produce some really interesting results, plus, you are recycling.

Edited by Sagefire

Last time I decorated the bedroom, I bought new lamps and added red beaded fringe around the plain lampshades.  Hubby said the bedroom looked like a Whore House, I asked him how did he know?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ha ha, it would be the first what I would think too.

Edited by Mona
  • Like 1