Sign in to follow this  
chriswhite50

Finding a place to live

Not sure where to put this so chit chat sounded as serious as i think it is. So, i cant live where im at anymore. Tired of the BS that comes along with it. Im paying rent to be a storage shed for my great grand parents and uncles stuff, there are so many repairs and work needing to be done, and my grandma is constantly bothering me. Im going crazy. I want to move and want to do a spell for it. Something to find the perfect place. I was thinking about drawing out what i want and burning it and all that jazz. Something extravagent but not sure what to do. I want a place where i can grow most of all. Get my own stuff and have a room where i can do magick. Every place i am is cluttered with somebody elses energy and im sensitive to stuff like that. I try and clear it out and end up getting bogged down instead. Im getting old(almost 30) so i really want a clean start and start filling my life with the things i want. Any spells/advice is definetly welcome.

I'm sure you know about candle spells and all that jazz. I think something that is simple and straightforward would work well in this case. The next thing is to save up money for first months, last months, and deposit money. Hit those want ads and classifieds, talk to realtors about rentals, etc.

Magic works up to a point, but you still have to put forth the effort.

• Upvote 1

Not sure where to put this so chit chat sounded as serious as i think it is. So, i cant live where im at anymore. Tired of the BS that comes along with it. Im paying rent to be a storage shed for my great grand parents and uncles stuff, there are so many repairs and work needing to be done, and my grandma is constantly bothering me. Im going crazy. I want to move and want to do a spell for it. Something to find the perfect place. I was thinking about drawing out what i want and burning it and all that jazz. Something extravagent but not sure what to do. I want a place where i can grow most of all. Get my own stuff and have a room where i can do magick. Every place i am is cluttered with somebody elses energy and im sensitive to stuff like that. I try and clear it out and end up getting bogged down instead. Im getting old(almost 30) so i really want a clean start and start filling my life with the things i want. Any spells/advice is definetly welcome.

Hi Chris, I don't know what your financial situation is but a lot of what you have mentioned seems to me can be remedied by making some simple life choices. I do think you could do some prosperity spells and money spells to try and help you get to the position where you can afford to rent/buy your dream home. As for actually moving out and situating yourself somewhere else, I feel that this can just come down to some decisive action on your part.

I hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Sometimes just giving oneself a good confidence meditation is all we need for the spirit to address mundane issues like this :)  Sometimes it seems daunting to buckle down and physically put in effort to move forward but it can do wonders just to give yourself a "pep talk" --changing one's own perception and drive through meditation and discipline are often the most powerful types and foundations of magic.

Yeah me and simple dont go well together but will give candle magic a try. This aint my first time moving so i know it aint gonna be easy but this is the first time i wont be just going with what life hands me. And its funny you say a pep talk with myself because i get the feeling my subconscious wants to speak but i have been ignoring it.

I know we've discussed this extensively before, but the search engine defeats me.....

Yes, definitely listen to the above posters.  Mediate upon what has brought you to such a dissatisfying pass, what behaviours have placed you there....and then, focus on what WOULD make you happy, and what positive actions you can take to get you there.  Get emotionally charged, and get to work....

Working within what you said you would like to do, write out a list of exactly what you'd like insofar as a new place to live with a good deal of specificity, then turn it into magical shorthand either by creating a sigil or a visual charm.  Place this work, once drawn out, on your work space, and use this as the focus of your work.  There are a variety of different things you can do from there.  Petition magic, offerings to relevant domestic spirits, saints, etc, et al.  Using the same sigil/charm, make yourself a charm/mojo bag.  Draw it out again on a small piece of paper, fold it towards you, and stick it in a bag.  Throw in a lodestone, relevant attraction herbs, things that will DRAG your desire towards you, and carry this with you as you search for a new home.

I would also highly recommend doing some icebreaking magic to help bust you out of your current situation and light a fire under your butt, and give you some positive inertia.  I'm not going to write out a long spell here,  but there are various ways to go about it.  Not really knowing how you work, I'll leave it up to you to do the research.

Best of luck to you, and hope you can achieve this goal to move onto living a more satisfying life!

A few years ago here is what I did.

I wrote out exactly what I wanted on a piece of paper. From the style of house, to what was inside, to the neighborhood and community. Every little detail. I then folded it up and "housed" it inside of a jar and said a few words over a brown candle.

Several months later I bought my first home and it has many of the qualities that I wanted.

Still gonna try what yall are suggesting but already found it. Per usual, something has my back. The place has 4 bedrooms and is sitting on two acres of land with a creek right behind it. Bedroom, guest room, workout room, and altar room... Back yard for greenhouse and planting stuff...but i cant afford it alone so the guy im dating and his ex are willing to help. Always happens like this. Right place and right time. Still gonna use magic to get it but just amazed at how it works. Im gifted but the i screw it up...always

Still gonna try what yall are suggesting but already found it. Per usual, something has my back. The place has 4 bedrooms and is sitting on two acres of land with a creek right behind it. Bedroom, guest room, workout room, and altar room... Back yard for greenhouse and planting stuff...but i cant afford it alone so the guy im dating and his ex are willing to help. Always happens like this. Right place and right time. Still gonna use magic to get it but just amazed at how it works. Im gifted but the i screw it up...always

___

The place sounds awesome! I'm a little late for the thread (been busy) but I wanted to pop in to congratulate anyway. :) Hopefully you'll be able to afford the place one way or another. A little magic definitely won't hurt! I wish you luck!

I once read about someone who made a fetch to help find their perfect house. Now that I know more about fetches, I must say this seems like overkill.... Why not try some divination first, and then maybe ask some spirits you have good rapport with to help you search?

I got an update. The lady who owned the place i wanted was playing games so she can go away. Now im in a perdicament. To add onto what i already said, me and my boyfriend want to buy this place im at. With me owning it, we can put money into fixing it and actually do something. Buy two acres, fix the house, build a greenhouse. Sounds perfect. So yesterday, i was like,"we should clean the porches so i can finally have something beautiful to look at!" so we did. And all hell broke loose. I had my grandma down here saying, "why didnt you tell me you was going to do something!" and my uncle down here saying," you need to put all that shit back on the porch like it was!" I pay to live here and it has been empty for almost 13 years with all of their crap. If it was so important, it would be with them now. The general idea that i got was that they want this place to sit and rot. So it shall be. Here is where the metaphysical part comes in...i want to call my great grandparents back and, for lack of a better term, sic them on them. They would be furious at how they just let all of this go and the state it is all in. Hell, their ashes are still in the box in the next room that hasnt been touched in years! So confused and annoyed at it all

And i need to add onto that post. I decided after i posted the first one about my ggparents being pissed to go out onto the freshly cleaned porch (that is so beautiful) with this glass bell my ggma had and a picture of them. I meditated and would call them. Ring the bell. Meditate and ask them to be there. Ring the bell. Did it a few time and nothing happened. Came in and took a nap and was woken up by a loud banging on the walls. I was still half asleep and in that in-between area and the banging happened right out in the hallway. It worked but,like i said, they aint too happy.

LoL, oh dear.  I have to say, I was going to say something about you trying to 'sic' your ancestors on your living relatives, but I wanted to see the results. You woke them, now you have to put them to rest.  I would suggest leaving offerings of red wine.

Lol i kinda went the opposite way. I have an altar set up so i made a portion for ancestors. Some alcohol for ggma and water for ggpa. I want them awake because i really believe that if everybody wants to bring them into it, they should be in it. Never really understood saying something in vain until living here. This time i set the altar up, put out their offerings, and stated what and why i was doing. Tethered myself (on accident. I know i did cause my stomach started hurting as soon as i walked away) to my altar and walked them around the property. Came back and wished them well and started typing. Heard my gma say, "what do you want me to do?!?"we shall see. I know there is a connection there so ill keep offering and talking and see what happens. Having them there to tell me if im being stupid defenitely won't hurt

Hahaha I'm pretty sure they will maybe try to keep your head straight. Do you have anything by you that was passed down from them? I would definitelly use something like that especially since it already has a connection to your passed relatives.

I actually find antique trinkets and furniture very atractive. Both to my energy and my eyes! XD

I think that the history that an antique carries has an especially unique energy about it.

Hi Chriswhite50

I am following this story with much interest. I am in a slightly similar position in that I bought my dad's house and he expected to leave pretty much all he wanted to for me to 'inherit'. I have been gradually clearing it out. It took a skip to clear the garage! Sometimes he asks for stuff and gets cross if I have thrown it out. He doesn't like change. I usually smile sweetly and ignore him. It seems very unfair that you pay rent but don't have a clear property. Other people's stuff can really drag your spirits down, can't it. Stick to your guns and keep clearing. If they get really nasty you can always threaten to withhold rent. As for Witchcraft, I think your work with the ancestors sounds bang on the money. I would also strengthen the protection spells around the house, especially adding extra to deflect bad feeling and jealousy. Would love an update, keep us posted of your progress.

I see this is old, and its not quite what I suspected from the thread title. I hope that those grand parents you summoned did you some good.

But when I stumbled upon the thread, my first thought was of my ask for suggestions for ingredients for a Home Finding spell not long ago. A couple weeks ago in fact. I ended up crafting a charm. It took me a couple of days to make it since life was so out of sorts and the weather wasn't much better. But the charm served me.

I kept the charm in my purse once I had finished it, brought it with me when I drove around looking for For Rent signs, when I toured apartments...My husband and I had already applied for an awesome apartment, albeit a teensy bit out of our range. I was hoping that the charm would bring us that apartment. But as with so much in life, we went through a cycle of 3. We were told that the landlord would wait a month for more applicants before he made his decision. We wanted to move ASAP so we kept looking. The next we applied for we didn't really like, it was small and set up strangely, but it had laundry in house and that was a big sell for us. We were turned down on that one, strangely enough for bad credit (we dont have bad credit). I was close to tears when we got that call, but literally moments later, I received a message from an old friend I haven't seen in a few years, an apartment that had JUST been posted. I contacted the lessor and saw the apartment at his EARLIEST convenience, (like an hour later), I ritually touched the charm in the pocket of my purse countless times on the drive there, while I waited outside for the lessor, and as I toured the quaint and cozy place. I left the showing with a copy of the lease and it was signed and we got the keys the next morning (yesterday!!) It doesn't have laundry, that huge selling point, but it will in the future, and its close enough to the laundromat that it won't be such a hassle. The most important part, its the cheapest apartment we've even so much as looked at, no charge for our dog. The charm did its job. I hadn't even thought about laundry when I made it. 

Home Finding Charm:

-satchel (I used a fabric coaster in the shape of a house I found in a thrift store. Id destroyed one when trying to open it, but the next I cut well enough. I would have just used flour sack cloth, but the house shape seemed appropriate )

-spoonful of coffee (focus and speed)

-piece of a shingle (indicative of home, a roof, shelter)

-lock of dogs hair (we needed a place where our dog is welcome, we couldn't bare to leave her, so I cut some of her hair for the charm)

-a drawing of a compass (since we were already kind of between homes, I didn't have access to all of my belongings, and had a hard time finding something indicative of direction or attraction. I settled on a simple drawing)

-pet bedding (for creature comforts)

-pinch of chamomile (for patience)

-earth *soil* (land/sovereignty)

-bay leaf (success)

-crows feather (this is personal, like the dog hair. it is an invocation of assistance from a sovereignty goddess.)

(heres my first attempt at posting my own photo on the forum). :

Home Finding Charm

Im a bit of a knit witch, so I used a little fiber magic while I sewed it all back up, and thankfully it was successful. 
Edited by BeanSiFiain

Sign in to follow this