Photo
- - - - -

The Chaos Files

A chaos magic primer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Joseph Max is the author of this 'how to' chaos magic book, which is currently online and not completed. Though it's not about witchcraft, there is more than enough information on getting started working with this branch of magic.

http://www.boudicca.de/max1-e.htm

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998

#2 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Though its not technically witchcraft it seems to incorporate many of the traditional practices, the Chaos Magi seem to have a good idea on the mechanics of magic. I did enjoy reading the countermeasure section on the combat magic page. Ive had so many nasty things left at my doorstep over the years that Ive implemented some of these practices out of necessity. The dangers section was quite good but I think they should have covered using pharmaceuticals and magic which can lead to the ""Chapel Perilous"".

The only problem I have with the page is that the author is saying that this is their intellectual property. Most of the material can be found in Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll and some of it is recycled from Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Hudson. I think there was some A. Spare stuff there too.

"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#3 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

The only problem I have with the page is that the author is saying that this is their intellectual property. Most of the material can be found in Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll and some of it is recycled from Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Hudson. I think there was some A. Spare stuff there too.

I did not see a reference page, though I may have missed it. I am not much into chaos magic, which I realize is a legitimate practice, but I cannot abide someone claiming another's work as their own. :upset:

#4 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Joseph Max is the author of this 'how to' chaos magic book, which is currently online and not completed. Though it's not about witchcraft, there is more than enough information on getting started working with this branch of magic.

http://www.boudicca.de/max1-e.htm

Damn I remember reading through that site years back, its an interesting read and a great intro to the simplicity and complexity of Chaos Magic.. Of course the author has every right to copyright his work, and naturally there are quotes from Spare, the Great Grandfather of CM as there are obvious Caroll influences, (its chaos magic he's writing about) and lets not forget Phil Hine too..
Grant Morrison is worth checking out also Abraxia if ye aint already had the pleasure...
Thanks for link down memory lane :wink:

Edited by Oakbuchanan, 12 November 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#5 Abraxia Thalgus

Abraxia Thalgus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Jevne, no there was no reference list included. I very much get the feeling he never finished it.

Oakbuchanan, thanks for the info to check out. I'm just starting to research CM and find it all interesting.

...you need a lot of courage in this life, to make some of the choices you have to make. That's natural. I mean, you can't sit back like an amoeba and just regenerate yourself. You've got to be an exciting, dynamic human being, and there are choices you're going to make that's going to cause you some difficulty, and if it requires some courage on your part, then do it. - Charles Perkins, Arunta Elder, 1998