• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Welcome back .. in a little while anyway, sory ofr the unplanned outage .. totally outwith our control.

The forum and main site should work, members and posts are looking OK to me. You will notice I took this unplanned outage time to update the software to the latest version, it looks a trifle different.

You will notice also that some areas are unavailable to you, Galleries and such .. the data is still in place but there is a slight issue at present on the site and I have disabled access to them at present until such times as I work it out .. I do have a very good idea what the issue is, but need to take my time and test it out on my complete copy of the forum on my PC, this is likely to take a while .. perhaps up to a week, depending on how it goes, plus normal work commitments which must take precedence.

You should be able to post on the forum normally and use the Shoutbox (please don't overuse it as I will need to keep an eye on resource usage)

There are small things unavailable, user default posting colour picker is one, which may return as and when new versions become available, so if you notice something isn't available that you had previously .. don't post questions asking where has X gone? Accept that it's gone, it may come back it may not.

Hopefully things will work when I switch the forum and site back on, if it doesn't and it seems major PM me .. I may not be able to respond to you PM, however, I will look into the issue when I have time.

Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading this, I expect to turn the forum back on shortly, I just need to check some premission settings to ensure they are correct .. i.e. that Guests can't actually see anything they're not meant to, once that's done I will open the forum again .. although new registrations will still be disabled, sorry people who may wish to join but I need to ensure everything is working completely before I open it up fully.

Admin / Droghon

EDIT 6 November 2012: the Galleries and Blogs etc may take alot longer to be brought back, the inkling I had yesterday proved to be incorrect.

EDIT 11 November 2012: fixed Galleries etc and these should be available later today :)

Edited by Droghon, 11 November 2012 - 10:57 AM.
update 11 November

#2 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Cheers Droghon, I did wonder if the server had crashed being in NJ (Hurricane Sandy etc).
I'd offer to help but my web skill are limited lol.

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#3 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Yay!

Well cheers for getting everything up and running again, I used to run a small forum and this must be a lot of work! Good job, well done, and appreciated as always :clap:

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#4 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Massive thanks and well done to Droghon. It must have been difficult sorting out unplanned problems of such a magnitude as he had to face!
Getting the site back up and upgraded so quickly was the work of a web-genius!

)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#5 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

As always, we appreciate all your hard work keeping us connected!

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#6 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Loving the new look - bigger type (I feel like I got new glasses, lol) - Three Cheers for the Drog-Man Tech-Meister: Woot-woot, Woot-woot, Woot-woot!!!

M

#7 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Well done Droghon !

I didn't realize how boring the real world was until there was no Traditional Witch Forum to go to. Kind of like a big silent empty void.

glad you are back.

Edited by The Exile, 05 November 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#8 Oakbuchanan

Oakbuchanan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Great work Drogs!

#9 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Yay your all back, talk about a suprise of the not so good kind but now things look great! I'm glad all the bugs are squished by someone tech savvy as you are Drogs.

#10 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thank you for all of your work, Droghon! I'm very happy to see it up and running again!
“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#11 Teacup Witch

Teacup Witch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Great to see the site up and running again. I like the new look and look forward to re-connecting with new friends and figuring out the site updates.

Thanks Droghon :clap:

Ps I'm glad that it was a site update and not something I had done - lol

Take Care,
Teacup

#12 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Droghon, if we find a bug on the site do you want it pointed out? I'm not sure if you're doing the bug-fixing stage of the update yet.

Edited by Aurelia, 07 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#13 Gramayr

Gramayr

'Mysterio'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

.. Droghon, you will warn us next time won't you :thumbsup:
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." - Albert Einstein

#14 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Droghon, if we find a bug on the site do you want it pointed out? I'm not sure if you're doing the bug-fixing stage of the update yet.

Aurelia,

I'd prefer members to send me a private message if they think they have found an issue .. some details of what the issue is. It may not be an issue and I may not reply immediately but I will gather them and look at them.

Ta!

Droghon

Droghon (or Brian)

I know nothing, I seek everything.

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#15 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

.. Droghon, you will warn us next time won't you :thumbsup:

Gramayr,

if I have an inkling I will :wink:

I may have to take the forum offline as I work on things or create a copy of the live forum on my PC, but the offline message will give an idea of why and how lomg it's likely to be .. weekends mostly as I can't really do anything weedays what with work commitments :)

Droghon (or Brian)

Words of a wise woman .. "OMFG stop being an utter newb and start acting like a proper witch who knows what they are talking about!"

#16 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Great to see the site up and running again. I like the new look and look forward to re-connecting with new friends and figuring out the site updates.

Thanks Droghon :clap:

Ps I'm glad that it was a site update and not something I had done - lol

It wasn't anything anyone had done :) It appears to have been some wierd server issue that noone could have foreseen or figure out .. wierd shit happens!

:)

Droghon (or Brian)

#17 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

It wasn't anything anyone had done :smile: It appears to have been some wierd server issue that noone could have foreseen or figure out .. wierd shit happens!

:smile:

Especially this time of year, lol lol !!!

M

#18 EliseN

EliseN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Thank you, everything looks good.

#19 Droghon

Droghon

Administrator/Host

• Administrators
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Well good news :)

I have the other applications working again for me (Blogs Chat and suchlike) I will take some time to check access permissions etc and hopefully they will be avaialable later today :)

Droghon (or Brian)

#20 Absinthe

Absinthe

Inquisitor's Bane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thanks, Drog.

Really missed looking in and seeing the familiar names. Appreciate the work it took and your precious time.

Nosce te ipsum, et sapere aude