Photo
- - - - -

Schoyen Collection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

I came across the website below when looking for information on my magic bowl. The websites logo of a circle with a cross is what first drew my attention.

Schoyen Collection

I did not see another reference to it, so thought I would post the link for others to enjoy. Some of the images alone are enough to make me tremble with awe.

Jevne

#2 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

I came across the website below when looking for information on my magic bowl. The websites logo of a circle with a cross is what first drew my attention.

Schoyen Collection

I did not see another reference to it, so thought I would post the link for others to enjoy. Some of the images alone are enough to make me tremble with awe.

Jevne

Wow, thanks for sharing this find Jev, there's some amazing stuff there!

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#3 Archabyss

Archabyss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Lovely, thank you for the link. The magical literature part is stunning.

#4 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Great stuff,I love ancient languages and their origins. Am so addicted to old book covers/bindings, seals. Am constantly on ebay on old antiquities.

#5 ejfinch

ejfinch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Extremely cool link! Thanks, Jevne!

#6 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Very interesting collection of stuff in the Schoyen collection. A lot of very old stuff.

#7 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Bookmarked this link, Jevne!

Thanks for posting it, this is a really great link.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci