Photo
- - - - -

Tarot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 Constance

Constance

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:03 AM

I love that book, Twisted Angel -- great review!
People from the South read a bit more than those from other regions, mostly religious books and romance novels. -- Where you fall in poll of U.S. reading habits, Cnn.com

Spooked: Books to Run From

Getting dirty for soap fairy since 2007.

Mistress of the mystic kangaroo defense method (MKDM).

#42 Twisted_Angel

Twisted_Angel

Guardian, Guide, Goofball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

I figured if anyone else had anything on this book it'd be you, Constance! :D

Amber

~*~ Twisted Angel ~*~

:rolleyes:

#43 Constance

Constance

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:03 PM

Who, me? Obsessed much? Nooooo.... ;) *whistles*

Anyone read any other good books on Tarot, lately? :D I am working on recreating my collection over here and so I'm born to shop, at the moment.

People from the South read a bit more than those from other regions, mostly religious books and romance novels. -- Where you fall in poll of U.S. reading habits, Cnn.com

Spooked: Books to Run From

Getting dirty for soap fairy since 2007.

Mistress of the mystic kangaroo defense method (MKDM).

#44 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

I'm just wondering if anyone can think of a "darker" deck ... not pink and fluffy .. hehe .. and also I'm curious as to what decks everyone here uses ...

There are quite a few I could recommend:

Thoth
Gothic
Necronomicon
Fantastical Tarot
Deviant Moon Tarot
Bohemian Gothic

... and many more.

The deck I actually have that gut feeling for is rare and out of print in the US .. grrrrr .. fundies ruining my chances of getting this deck at a decent price .... :argg:

Which deck did you desire?

The last thing I would like to know as well is ( and this might be off topic ) what might yall suggest for guided meditation books or CD's as I am having a really tough time doing such.

There is a book by Pete Jennings, called "Pathworkings". He is heathen, so will be different from most guided meditation books. As to CDs, to be fair, I have yet to find one that I like. I tend to print off meditations from the internet (some of which use tarot cards) and then get my friend to record them onto a CD or tape for me. That way I get what I want without the disturbance of hearing my own voice.

I have a question about my Tarot cards. Well more on how to care for them. I have read that the cards should be kept in a satchel or a box or something. I think I know the answer to this but is there anything that is better then the other to hold my cards in?

I used to keep mine in silk and then a wooden box for storage. Now, I have a silk and then place them in a silk purse. This works best as they are more portable. And I do have a reason to be careful as my deck is OOP and expensive. The box set they came in is put aside in storage (carefully) as a legacy to my beneficiaries.

Anyone read any other good books on Tarot, lately? :D I am working on recreating my collection over here and so I'm born to shop, at the moment.

One of the few books I've kept on tarot is Joan Bunning's Learning the Tarot - it got me started and I'd recommend it to any beginner. Other than that, I've found I gain more insight in doing readings for querents and guided meditations with the cards than from books, so I gave up reading on tarot, which does mean I have a lot of half read tomes in my library. :rofl: