Photo
- - - - -

The Herbwife's Kitchen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I just stumbled on this blog and thought I would share the wealth. ;) Enjoy!

http://crabappleherbs.com/blog/

#2 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

I've been reading her blog and on her forum for several years now, there's a wealth of information. :)
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#3 Alienor Bel

Alienor Bel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

Thank you so much for this link. I'm going to have to try to make the gluten free bread!
"The apple cannot be stuck back on the Tree of Knowledge; once we begin to see, we are doomed and challenged to seek the strength to see more, not less." - Arthur Miller