Celebrating the Season

Jukauz

It's time!

Got out the fermenting crock this morning. Gathered up my bottles and jars.

Working on a spell to insure the contents will stay good. Preparing a cleansing spell, don't want all my time and effort to go to waste.

I have kraut to make and several liqueurs to start. Also will be making vanilla extract as well as lemon, lime, and orange.

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or recipes for other liqueurs and extracts?

I made some mixed-berry wine that came out really well (it should be aged by Xmas) - I'd like it a little less sweet, but was great for my first wine!

M

The only time I tried to make wine something took a wrong turn and I believe it came alive!!!!!!! No really it went strange and I had to throw it away. Making wine is something I want to try again. . . with help of course.

Edited by Enodia

daughterofisis

Oooh, kraut making time. Thank you for reminding me to pick up some cabbages at the market tomorrow.

Enodia, I've never made liquers, but I do have a fancy pants recipe book. I bought it 3 years ago just before I got sober. If you're looking for anything in particular, let me know, and I'll see what I can dig up.

I'll keep your offer in mind DofI. Right now all my current recipes are running through my head but I know sooner or later one will come to me.

Thanks!

Enodia

Oooh, kraut making time. Thank you for reminding me to pick up some cabbages at the market tomorrow.

Enodia, I've never made liquers, but I do have a fancy pants recipe book. I bought it 3 years ago just before I got sober. If you're looking for anything in particular, let me know, and I'll see what I can dig up.

Well now, Daughter of Isis.... let's not just give our Enodia these recipes for liquours ... LoL ! Go boldly forth to the Recipe Forum, and Post them for one and all ! I love a goood recipe, and am always up for a delicious libation.:chef:

Had a giggle about your reference to " Fancy Pants " recipe book. :tongue:

Regards,

Gypsy

The only time I tried to make wine something took a wrong turn and I believe it came alive!!!!!!! No really it went strange and I had to throw it away. Making wine is something I want to try again. . . with help of course.

This year a couple of us Witches here made Aurora's Strawberry Wine, she posted the recipe here. Being a person who "cans", at first I was a little concerned as to how this would turn out, as her recipe just suggests to put the lid on very tight. So I had Himself do that application. We tucked it away like Aurora suggested for 20 something days....... OMG... it was sooo delicious, and turned out just beautiful.

My son came to visit and we broke out the Wine, and toasted Aurora, properly! :cheers:

Regards,

Gypsy

It's time!

Got out the fermenting crock this morning. Gathered up my bottles and jars.

Working on a spell to insure the contents will stay good. Preparing a cleansing spell, don't want all my time and effort to go to waste.

I have kraut to make and several liqueurs to start. Also will be making vanilla extract as well as lemon, lime, and orange.

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or recipes for other liqueurs and extracts?

I sincerely hope you will post recipes of extracts and liquores in the Recipe Forum. Those extracts you speak of sound just yummy and so aromatic. Would be nice to possibly add those to wax for candle making or soap crafting.

Regards,

Gypsy

daughterofisis

Re reading my post, apparently I can't spell. Been a hell of a week over here. I'll post some liqueur recipes later on this week when I get to use a real computer instead of a smart phone.