• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 odahviing

odahviing

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

That seems like a good way to go, even if it is a shame to cut something so awesome into little pieces. :P  

That way you know what circumstances the bone came from as well as not being a part of an industry that can be really cruel to our animal kin... And like you say, whatever essence still lingers is not going to carry the death along with it since it was shed beforehand. 

And just like that I'm super jealous of you and your antlers! Next time I'm in deer country I'll have to keep an eye out... :D

Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!

#22 witchywolf

witchywolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

haha ya no kidding its deer country out here, there's deer walking around in the town in broad daylight here lol even had a moose run along side my truck.... not gonna lie kinda tripped me out lol :P 

#23 FelisVulpes

FelisVulpes

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

For all the rune casters here that have used/use runes made from bone; have you felt any residual energies in your readings?

I've been considering a set that looks nice but unfortunately is only available to me online... So no opportunity so hold them and feel them before purchase. Since I can't make them myself and I don't know anything about the animal, how it lived, how it died, I'm a little worried the bone will carry with it some bad stuff.

I'm relatively new to runes, but very picky in my materials in general and a bone rune set I found online was the only one that really managed to attract me. I felt no negative energy from it, but the source was an artist that had worked for the heathen/norse pagan market quite a while, so that might have played a role.

If you are worried the set of your liking might have lingering energies that contaminate your readings, would laying the spirits to rest via ritual work for you? I tend to do that for any animal derived material I use that I know or suspect had a violent death. It's worked well for me so far.

Looking around for reviews from previous customers might also be helpful, if that's a possibility?