• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

I am so angry right now and feel that I need some advice so I dont do something stupid.
The reason I am so angry, I took my wedding ring set in for repairs at Kay jewelers I have had multipule problems with losing stones because I love my ring an wear it all the time. we bought insurance so if I lost any stones they would fix it for free just for that reason. A couple years ago for our 10th anniversary we had it upgraded and the setting done in Platnum. I noticed after 2 1/2 years that one of the stones was lose so they sent it in for retipping I got it back and within a couple monthes lost a stone so I brought it in agine. This time when they give it back to me I notice immediately before I sign for it that it's in a 14ct gold setting not Platnum . The manager was gone of course and so I left it there after telling them I have pictures that show it has a Platnum setting. The manager called me back today and tells me that I am wrong we bought a white gold setting not Platnum are you freaking kidding me I know my metals it was Platnum . This was a big deal to me and we made sure it was Platnum because of previous issues that obviously Platnum would fix. Now I am told they are sending it off to be dipped in white gold and they will not fix the issue and since the recipt doesn't say Platnum crown they will not recrown it in Platnum . I am so angry I paid 300.00 extra for that Platnum setting.
I got online to see if it was just me with these issues, nope tons of people have complaints similar to mine. Either they lied to me when I bought it or they lied and won't fix it either way this is so wrong. My ring was blessed by my and my husbands grandmothers both are deseased now.
So I want to curse them, not just for me but or all those who have been wronged. Many also have rings that where blessed by their religion and this company does not care even though they built there company supposedly on caring about this very thing. I want to be carefull because I know curses are long term and can have unintended consiquences. That's why I'm writing this right now not gathering up monkshoods and hemp rope lol. However obviously something needs to be done here when I'm in a calmer frame of mind ( don't worry I can get the rage back anytime I look at my bare finger) but I want to do this right. I have never worked this type of curse and am hoping for a bit of advice. Sorry for the rant but I guess anytime your going to curse something a rants bound to be involved. If you have a better idea than a curse please let me know I'm all ears.

Edited by Athena, 16 September 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi, Athena:

What is it that you are really hoping to accomplish here? Granted, the whole situation would piss me off, too. But cursing an entire corporation over the actions of a few folks at one particular store or even a region seems a bit over the top and really does nothing to help your current dilemma.

As far as cursing on behalf of other wronged individuals, please consider the fact that you don't know those people. They might NOT have legitimate complaints at all. Maybe, they fucked up and want to blame someone else or maybe their situations were the result of misunderstandings that got out of hand.

Cursing is for people who do something deliberating and maliciously without regard for others on a repeated basis, not for people who are likely just doing what they have been told, regarding the rules for transactions in a jewelry business. I can imagine they have a lot of people who try to swindle them by claiming they brought in one thing when it was really something else. If you have the pictures, why not just show them to the manager, and explain your confusion over the difference in appearance? If you don't want them to "send it off" to be dipped, why not say No?

I know you are mad, which I can certainly understand, but I think I might be missing some details. After all, it is still your ring. Get it back, if you haven't already, divine the best solution to the issue, and take the "appropriate" magical action. If that fails, you can always sue them in small claims court.

#3 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

I did not just decide hey let's curse these a- holes and run them out of buisness because yes that would be irresponsible due to all the innocent employees who would be affected. I don't expect anyone to take my word for the fact that for the last 5-6 years they have decided to screw over there customers. By all means look up the complaints at ripoff.com or pissed consumer they each have houndereds of complaints about being ripped off. I'm not oblivious to the fact that some of those are less than scrupulous but there's no way that this many complaints is an accident. Heck even Wikipedia has there recent lawsuits for this type of thing listed in their profile. They are using there warranty to screw people out of there diamonds or worse entire iteams.
. Having given this some though I believe that it's upper management who is probably to blame. I'm sure they implemented cost saving methods due to the recession. IMO that makes what they are doing worse because they are screwing over the very people who are spending their hard earned cash and keeping them in business.
I agree small claims court would certainly be my first stop however they have a very odd code system on there receipts that only they know, so taking them to court is probably not going to work in my favor. I am familiar with how court works and how to win a case they have me boxed in with the latest statement that it was white gold not Platnum they sold me. I know that I am well and truelly beaten by this and unless I actually had a jeweler who testsed it I'm SOL. I can't think of a single legal way left to force them to do right. I spent hours on the phone with their terrible customer service trying to resolve this. I know continuing to call will be as effective as banging my head against a cement wall.
That brings me back to dealing with this magically, I have no intention of cursing them out of existence , quite frankly I'm not sure a sole witch working alone would have much success. I'm thinking more along the lines of a take over by a more reputable jewelry store. This is how I ended up with them to begine with they took over the store we had originally purchased from. I'm not saying this is a perfect solution and I fully intend to research a route that will cause least damage most bennifits. I still have not come to a conclusion as to what would be the best route I do not believe in acting hastily in a situation like this. My goal is to get the company to honor its warranttys they sold me and ,treat me with dignity and respect the same as I treat them being called a lier is no acceptable behavior by customer service. I'm not expecting a miracal here just a small blessing. I think these are fair goals to have in mind.
Like I said I'm open to comment and suggestion I'm simply trying to make a bad situation better. I will have to deal with this company for years to come and for my own bennifit as well as others would like it to be a far better experiance.

#4 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Cursing would probably take up entirely too much energy and frankly other peoples issue with this place are not your responsibility. I'd deal with one or two people - the ones that directly have to do with your situation. And not just the front line associates, perhaps the management and higher ups that ripped you off. Get names and locations. Narrow it down and work a hex or spell until you get what you paid for. Or handle it mundanely through courts, start an online petition... anything.
I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#5 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Or, rather than cursing (which would not fix the existing situation), doing a working to have them realize their error, and fix your ring as it should have been done at no extra cost to you? That would probably be a fair and just solution for all parties...?? Write a short, polite and professional letter to that particular store, and copy it to corporate. Include your receipts (and the original where you bought the ring which should say the metal type) and pictures of the ring and ask that they offer you a fair solution. Charm the letter, and off it goes...

M

#6 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Or, rather than cursing (which would not fix the existing situation), doing a working to have them realize their error, and fix your ring as it should have been done at no extra cost to you? That would probably be a fair and just solution for all parties...?? Write a short, polite and professional letter to that particular store, and copy it to corporate. Include your receipts (and the original where you bought the ring which should say the metal type) and pictures of the ring and ask that they offer you a fair solution. Charm the letter, and off it goes...

M

Great idea, M!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#7 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

CC any letters you write to the company to the consumer fraud division of your state's attorney general's office, write a statement to them as well as the governors' office. Send copies of the receipts and pictures as well. Could do a justice working, as well as something to sweeten their attitude to you. That's where I'd start anyway. There are ways to curse corporations, or so I've read, not having done so myself but if I remember where I'll let you know.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#8 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

M

CC any letters you write to the company to the consumer fraud division of your state's attorney general's office, write a statement to them as well as the governors' office. Send copies of the receipts and pictures as well. Could do a justice working, as well as something to sweeten their attitude to you. That's where I'd start anyway. There are ways to curse corporations, or so I've read, not having done so myself but if I remember where I'll let you know.

I think these are your best bet to get results. That is the important thing, results and your blessed ring, discard the rest. Don't let your emotions at this injustice carry you to failure.

#9 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

1347835720[/url]' post='133896']

I like this idea I really like the idea of a justic working, I hadn't even thought of that lol. This is why I don't work angry (usually) I am one of those people that oesnt anger easily or often but once I am it can get me in lots of trouble. So I have learned to wait a bit and rethink my options or ask others for some insight, thanks everyone. I will use the chisel methode rather than hammer lol .
I think I will write some letters to elected officials with some added oomph and do a binding spell on my warrenty. I'm also putting a protection spell on my ring to stop this type of meddling why I hadn't before is beyond me. I still have to figure out how to get in touch (literaly) with the repair shop that actually is the problem here. I'm hoping I'll be able to get an address and send them a letter also. I think they may be at the root of the problem. I also figure I will leave a presant in the store that will inspire them to treat customers the way they would want to be treated.

#10 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Good deal, hope our ideas help you out. As for why I said what I did: the threat of investigation by the government will almost always light a fire under their asses to get you satisfaction. It's going to cost them FAR more money to defend their actions than it will to resolve your problem. Forgot to add: send your letters via certified mail. If those people don't respond, it's probably time to call in the media.

Course, sometimes it's best to do your magic and get out of the way, but I like to attack from both angles.

Good luck Athena, let us know how it turns out in the end Posted Image

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#11 Wytchywoman

Wytchywoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

The advice everyone's given is very good.

Jevne makes great points, especially with, when you see complaints you really don't know what happened with those customers. I don't think she was implying that they were ALL lying, just that it is likely that some, or much may have been invalid, and it could get a bit hairy trying to do a curse on behalf of others for this reason.

Michelle and Aurelian give practical advice to this problem as well. Magically speaking, doing a justice spell, or making them notice their errors is more likely going to yield the best results for you. Meanwhile, there are many legal recourse to seek for a dissatisfied customer.

I wish you the best of luck on this endeavor.

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to..

#12 Petra

Petra

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

M

This sounds like a great solution.

If you feel the need for further justice, contact a local news station. Many will take on a consumer complaint story and help resolve it for you. The stores hate bad publicity and will often make things right and suddenly "find" lost receipts, etc.

#13 LightBurner

LightBurner

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

I'm wondering what happened next? Did you write the letter and send it everywhere? What happened to the ring? What was the outcome?

#14 Marrena

Marrena

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hmm...interesting necroed thread. I feel more comfortable doing spellwork on corporations than on people. I don't have the same qualms. Corporations are simply incorporated entities and they are easily cursed in the same way that other entities are cursed. I don't mess with B corporations, family-owned businesses or worker-owned businesses.

#15 candleflame

candleflame

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

I would not put a spell on them as it may rebound back to you and it could put people out of work.
I would bring them to heal with with this spell #1 by getting a small photo of the front of the store where you brought the ring.make sure nobody in it.just the store name or you can write it on paper which ever.
#2 putting the photo in a screw top jar and covering it with honey #3 put lid on again and store in a cool dark place. #4 while doing all this,think of what you want them to do for you....and see what happens in a month,this is more of a mind over matter then a spell.
I have and old gypsy spell for this sort of stuff,but Its pretty powerful and will blow the crabs out of the mud so to speak
Good luck