Powerful Psychic Vampires and Their Vortexes

Panis_Ramey

I know there are many posts that cover the topic of energy vampires but I wanted to know if anyone has ever come across a really strong psychic vamp ? I came across my first strong one today. I was at a restaurant getting a bite to eat and it wasn't three seconds after I got through the door when I sensed him. A man had walked in behind me all dressed in black, not goth but dressed all in black. My senses screamed vampire but he was different from the usual simple vampires he had a way filling up the room with his presence. So I was seated at a small table near the widow and of course he sat at a table near me. I began to notice the difference in him, most vampires I have come across try to get in contact with the potential victim through chitchat a brush against the arm but this guy almost ignored me if it wast for the occasional glaces here and there I would think he had no interest in me. I could feel him pulling the energy away from me. My mother came in shortly, she isn't a witch but she is a gifted empath. she noticed the pull he had on the atmosphere. so I pulled my awareness away from by body and got a better look at him. I was shocked at what I found, his aura was normal except for a very large vortex that terminated near his navel. The vortex was draining energy form not only my mother and I but from every person in the room and it didn't matter if the energy was negative, positive or ambient nothing escaped the vortex. So I generated a shield around my mother and I that has worked int he past but the shield was sucked into the vortex so I made another but this time using the power of the sun it didn't even phase him when it got sucked in. I finally fund a way to fortify my aura but it only slowed the leaking. I'm usually very good at protecting myself from this kind of thing but I am dumfounded, even the classic methods of protection only offered a temporary bandage Anyone know what kind of defense would have worked against a vampire of this variety ?

I also wanted to put that I have nothing against psychic vampires they are a lot like witches in many ways, there are also people who may be both witch and vampire. They are a natrual phenomina and therefore have a right to exist in peace. To target them would be no better than the people who hurt animals like wolves out of superstition, So I'm hoping for peaceful solutions.

Interesting to read this on how certain people affect others.

When I go restaurants sometimes I notice people reacting to my presence. The most dramatic stuff were like a couple of woman (two different instances) where they have their head stuck pointing toward me almost horizontally. One couldn't get up from the chair while her head stuck that way.

You certainly live a most interesting life! roflhard.gif

I'm going to stick with the 'nice' bits here, for personal reasons. First of all, you and your mother were feeding him and giving him access to your energy by the simple fact that you were focusing on him, and giving him so much attention. You have to dissociate yourself from these people. If you're having trouble with that sort of thing, generally, study up on 'systematic desensitization,' which is incredibly useful to anyone that practices magic, actually.

A method that would actually be immediately useful would be to give the person an alternate energy source. Impose a solar sigil or seal between you and them and get the ball rolling with a visual of that person feeding off some really yummy solar flares. Or dig out all those grimoires you have lying about. Some of those seals are really useful; off the top of my head, you could probably use the first and second Solar seals, or the fifth seal of Saturn, if my memory is actually working right now.

Last thing, all that stuff that is supposed to work on vampiric spirits will mean absolutely nothing to a human. Garlic, silver, iron, all that stuff, is utterly useless when you're dealing with a person.

You certainly live a most interesting life! roflhard.gif

I'm not ashamed your entertained :cool_witch:

I'm going to stick with the 'nice' bits here, for personal reasons. First of all, you and your mother were feeding him and giving him access to your energy by the simple fact that you were focusing on him, and giving him so much attention. You have to dissociate yourself from these people. If you're having trouble with that sort of thing, generally, study up on 'systematic desensitization,' which is incredibly useful to anyone that practices magic, actually.

I have experience in classical conditioning practices and psychology, the advice is ts still much appreciated and I would have recommend the same thing.

A method that would actually be immediately useful would be to give the person an alternate energy source. Impose a solar sigil or seal between you and them and get the ball rolling with a visual of that person feeding off some really yummy solar flares. Or dig out all those grimoires you have lying about. Some of those seals are really useful; off the top of my head, you could probably use the first and second Solar seals, or the fifth seal of Saturn, if my memory is actually working right now.

I dislike ceremonial magic specially the Keys of Solomon with a passion all those winded invocations, curses. I only used those during my R&D phase Not to mention all of the mistakes they purposely put in the manuscripts to try and throw people off. I will look back on them though

Last thing, all that stuff that is supposed to work on vampiric spirits will mean absolutely nothing to a human. Garlic, silver, iron, all that stuff, is utterly useless when you're dealing with a person.

Actually Iron can be quite useful when grounding energy so it cant be stolen by more ethereal entities and I suppose if I hit him with an iron pipe he would die, like any other human being. Garlic can build back vitality and is an effective cleanse for post psychic attacks but if this is your interpretation on classical methods I was talking about the time tested methods in psychic self defense that would include"" Systematic Desensitization"" not something cooked up from Bram Stoker or some hillbilly mountain folk that think grandpa is coming back to life. I know the difference between the real vampire and the fictional ones. I guess you think I'm the kind of person who would hit someone will holy water thinking they burst into flames. :rolleyes_witch:

I have no evidence of this but I think anyone with two brain cells and no eyes could see the lack of sincerity in your message but I concede the advice you gave was helpful. let me remind you I've only been doing this on a conscious level for four years and I still have much to learn and many things are new to me still, so consider me a witch in training .

Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I have to say I'm more than a little confused. I certainly can be an asshole, but I wasn't trying to be one to you, or anyone else on here. When I am being satirical, it certainly is not subtle. I'm sorry you feel that I am not taking you seriously.

I have only been really affected by someone "sucking up" my energy a few times but at the time I had no real name to put to that experience. It was so exhausting and it left me so drained, I had to stop whatever activity I was doing and go lay down. It's not a feeling I'd soon care to repeat.

I don't have much experience working with sigils and seals so it wouldn't have occured to me to try something like that or really even know how to do that properly. I do agree, that knowing what they're up to and being almost obsessed with what they're doing and how they're doing it and giving them (by observing them) your attention does, by definition, feed them energy. Your energy. Doesn't matter if it's covertly or in their face, it's there. I realize you were trying to sheild you and your momma, but the fact that you were constantly worried and repeatedly trying something else and watching his aura take it in, probably fed him a real nice lunch. I think it's much like using facination or glamour on someone you are dealing with. You were facinated.

Honestly, no judgement intended, it may have been easier to add a bit of mundane interference with some magic by moving to a table further away and then throwing up a sheild or orb or whatever you work with and not giving them another thought.

Just my 2cents.

Interesting thoughts... I wonder, if since he was able to eat shields, if pulling in your energy and then just blocking (so there would be little energy there and you'd appear as very "non energetic") or even a hoodening or cloaking of your energy would have worked?

M

Interesting suggestion. Just recently I was discussing with another member here on techniques to isolate different energies and methods to mask them from others , such as vamps.. and leeches.. lol

Caveat: I am of the belief that "Psychic Vampires" are improperly named. I think they're witches just like anyone else, but have tailored their skillset to the malifica rather than benefica (or can do the malificia, but chose to feed their appetites with willing donors, but they're really not the sort you catch skimming a restaurant like a krill-sucking whale). Blah blah "Witches have always been conflated with the ability to drain the vitality of their victims, just like vampires. The Strigoi is actually a witch who, when she or he dies, will become a Moroi... an actual, undead, vampire." - blah blah. Moving on from that old chestnut...

When you're dealing with someone who can drain life you're working with another witch who can consume the very thing you're using to fight them, and that skews your odds a tad. So: Never, but NEVER, put up big, beefy, shields when dealing with someone like that - because what you're doing is taking your energy out of your nice little aetheric container, externalizing it, and providing it to them as a nonstop buffet. Instead: Feed them something they cannot handle - every one is different, some can process "sun" energy, and some will get very sick off of it. Throw different things their way until they shut down. You'll know that one's one they gag on.

Don't: Engage in warfare. To borrow a military term - don't engage the target, because there is no win. It is a pyrric victory. Do: Engage in fleeing spectacularly. Energy which is hard to get is not worth the waste. If you run faster than the lion, he will eat something else. Be an impala. Do not turn about and fire all weapons - run and drop flares to attract their "heat seeking" missiles.

So what do you do when there's one attached to you, that's being right persistent? Become a mirror, cease to be at all. Show them only their own reflection. They'll either start consuming them-self, or you'll start eating a little of them, and they'll merrily break off. And when that doesn't work? Take account of whether or not you feel BAD, or whether you just notice you're losing some debris. If you're not feeling BAD, is it worth the energy you'll throw down their gullet?

Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I have to say I'm more than a little confused. I certainly can be an asshole, but I wasn't trying to be one to you, or anyone else on here. When I am being satirical, it certainly is not subtle. I'm sorry you feel that I am not taking you seriously.

I'm not offended or angry my tone was supposed to be more lighthearted, playful and a little sarcastic, major fail on my part X.X I'm trying to work on my tone.

:blondmoment:

I thought the advice you gave was excellent , bump worthy in my book. try reading it with a silly valley girl accent in your head and you might find the humor. Though I was a little annoyed about the Iron and garlic bit hence the mountain folk holy water sarcasm.

I think I better say this was in no way a psychic attack and I wasn't drained... a lot, It was just a noteworthy psychic phenomena that I found fascinating. the man just seemed to have a vortex and it was drawing in all kinds of different energy in.

A wayward ethereal nasty got too close to the vortex and it sucked it right in like a fly to a vacuum, I dare say it was entertaining to watch it struggle and then get whats coming to it . I don't even know if he was aware of it and it didn't even feel dark or malignant it was just felt like it was his nature, If I got mad over it it, it would be like getting angry at a hurricane or a black-hole because they suck and ultimately very unproductive. In a way his curse or blessing could be very useful

I have only been really affected by someone "sucking up" my energy a few times but at the time I had no real name to put to that experience. It was so exhausting and it left me so drained, I had to stop whatever activity I was doing and go lay down. It's not a feeling I'd soon care to repeat.

I don't have much experience working with sigils and seals so it wouldn't have occured to me to try something like that or really even know how to do that properly. I do agree, that knowing what they're up to and being almost obsessed with what they're doing and how they're doing it and giving them (by observing them) your attention does, by definition, feed them energy. Your energy. Doesn't matter if it's covertly or in their face, it's there. I realize you were trying to sheild you and your momma, but the fact that you were constantly worried and repeatedly trying something else and watching his aura take it in, probably fed him a real nice lunch. I think it's much like using facination or glamour on someone you are dealing with. You were facinated.

Honestly, no judgement intended, it may have been easier to add a bit of mundane interference with some magic by moving to a table further away and then throwing up a sheild or orb or whatever you work with and not giving them another thought.

Just my 2cents.

I don't feel judged and I don't want people to think I'm sensitive. Major points on the common sense I would have moved but the restaurant was so small there was no safe place and I was more hungry than worried about an energy vortex that is sucking a trickle of energy from me.

Caveat: I am of the belief that "Psychic Vampires" are improperly named. I think they're witches just like anyone else, but have tailored their skillset to the malifica rather than benefica (or can do the malificia, but chose to feed their appetites with willing donors, but they're really not the sort you catch skimming a restaurant like a krill-sucking whale). Blah blah "Witches have always been conflated with the ability to drain the vitality of their victims, just like vampires. The Strigoi is actually a witch who, when she or he dies, will become a Moroi... an actual, undead, vampire." - blah blah. Moving on from that old chestnut...

When you're dealing with someone who can drain life you're working with another witch who can consume the very thing you're using to fight them, and that skews your odds a tad. So: Never, but NEVER, put up big, beefy, shields when dealing with someone like that - because what you're doing is taking your energy out of your nice little aetheric container, externalizing it, and providing it to them as a nonstop buffet. Instead: Feed them something they cannot handle - every one is different, some can process "sun" energy, and some will get very sick off of it. Throw different things their way until they shut down. You'll know that one's one they gag on.

Don't: Engage in warfare. To borrow a military term - don't engage the target, because there is no win. It is a pyrric victory. Do: Engage in fleeing spectacularly. Energy which is hard to get is not worth the waste. If you run faster than the lion, he will eat something else. Be an impala. Do not turn about and fire all weapons - run and drop flares to attract their "heat seeking" missiles.

So what do you do when there's one attached to you, that's being right persistent? Become a mirror, cease to be at all. Show them only their own reflection. They'll either start consuming them-self, or you'll start eating a little of them, and they'll merrily break off. And when that doesn't work? Take account of whether or not you feel BAD, or whether you just notice you're losing some debris. If you're not feeling BAD, is it worth the energy you'll throw down their gullet?

Actually the krill skimming whale analogy is perfect for the situation, except imagine a krill sucking whale with the power of a black hole, that is basically the first thought that came to my mind I could have been a little more passive but curiosity killed the cat and had it for lunch :stars:

Interesting thoughts... I wonder, if since he was able to eat shields, if pulling in your energy and then just blocking (so there would be little energy there and you'd appear as very "non energetic") or even a hoodening or cloaking of your energy would have worked?

M

I tried it but the cloak just got sucked in.

Interesting suggestion. Just recently I was discussing with another member here on techniques to isolate different energies and methods to mask them from others , such as vamps.. and leeches.. lol

I'll have to think about this some more, it's really interesting! I'm sure our members skilled in enchantment could add value to that discussion,

I'm not offended or angry my tone was supposed to be more lighthearted, playful and a little sarcastic, major fail on my part X.X I'm trying to work on my tone.

:blondmoment:

I thought the advice you gave was excellent , bump worthy in my book. try reading it with a silly valley girl accent in your head and you might find the humor. Though I was a little annoyed about the Iron and garlic bit hence the mountain folk holy water sarcasm.

It's cool! I was just going off of what limited information I have about you, namely that you have some grimoires and work with sigils. You seem to have at least a little interest in hoodoo, could have tried something like psalm 23(how many witches carry a bible? LOL), went all Rumi on his ass, or just talked bollox, begged some olive oil off the waiter and applied equal-armed crosses or something on your crown, base of your neck, wrists, feet, solar plexus or an other vulnerable areas. Would it work? No clue. It's worth a try to get creative, imo. Scylla is totally right tho, sometimes it's best to cut and run. No matter how badass you are there's always someone bigger, stronger, and bad-assier out there.

This, in my opinion is truth. I had encountered a spirit creature like this in a dream and like an idiot I tried to open a can of "whoop ass" by bucking up and challenging it with with anger in my heart. Another entity, swooped in and saved my ass as I was just about to become dog chow. It turns out I was in the astral realm and it wasn't a "dream". I don't know the impact of an energy vampire on pure life force or spirit in the astral realm, but I would assume the impact was dire enough to spur a rescue from another enitity. I voted you up Scylla because you have validated a personal experience for me.

This, in my opinion is truth. I had encountered a spirit creature like this in a dream and like an idiot I tried to open a can of "whoop ass" by bucking up and challenging it with with anger in my heart. Another entity, swooped in and saved my ass as I was just about to become dog chow. It turns out I was in the astral realm and it wasn't a "dream". I don't know the impact of an energy vampire on pure life force or spirit in the astral realm, but I would assume the impact was dire enough to spur a rescue from another enitity. I voted you up Scylla because you have validated a personal experience for me.

This is very true and sometimes you get yourself in more trouble by being combative, not every problem can be solved by an offensive. I think if I had focused more aggression, the more the vortex would have drained me and any energy I threw into it. What I did do was beef up my aura by generating a more static and viscous field making it less misty and moveable. If my energy is going to be filtered at least its going to be like trying to suck peanut butter through a straw. In Like 'Aurelian said for "" No matter how badass you are there's always someone bigger, stronger, and bad-assier out there."" I would have left in a mad dash but the vortex seemed more interested in getting a little bit from everyone . Had I been the only person in that space being drained I would have had to figured something out. I think back to my cerimonal magic days and there is a way to build a matrix of passive grounded and resonant energy that works on a completely different set of rues than the more active principles like life-force and psychic energy. I can't describe it in words but a matrix bult from this same energy on the astral plane produces sounds like the errie clear tones you get from the crystallophone family of instruments, The same sound you get from rubbing your finger on the rim of a crystal cup. the field is clear and transparent but harder than anything in the physical world and is nearly impenetrable on the astral plane.

Your insight is excellent.

But I do not agree with the notion that psych vampires = witches. The ability to drain others of energy to consume for themselves might perhaps be something they are talented or gifted in, but not necessarily a witch, just like those that are clairvoyant, or able to see and communicate with spirits are also not necessarily other witches either. Even if or, when anyone with any kind of ability, becomes aware of it enough to fine tune or tailor it, that still doesn't make them a witch.

There are some people that I've personally encountered that had the energy draining ability (aka psych vampire) that I strongly doubted were even aware that they were this way. One girl in particular, I had been in college with. Dealing with her was a chore, as most that engaged with her felt totally drained afterwards. Even the professor once commented that whenever she (The girl) stops into her office, 10 minutes with her is enough to zap the energy right out of her for the day. This girl also wasn't the most pleasant to be around. She had a way of being in the center of trouble. My way of dealing with her was completely ignoring her as much as possible. If she stood near a crowd I was with doing her thing, I'd merely turn my head to focus on something else, or turn and start talking with some one else. IF she talked to me, I'd look above her head, pay no attention to what she was saying and just be like "Yep...uh-huh....ok" then make the exit soon as I could. This worked very well for me as I'd be the only one not drained by the end of the day that she had engaged in. This goes along the lines of what you were saying about not engaging at all or lending even a nanogram of energy to invest on them. Seeing that it was most effective for me, I'd definitely advise this way of handling it as well.

But I do not agree with the notion that psych vampires = witches. The ability to drain others of energy to consume for themselves might perhaps be something they are talented or gifted in, but not necessarily a witch, just like those that are clairvoyant, or able to see and communicate with spirits are also not necessarily other witches either. Even if or, when anyone with any kind of ability, becomes aware of it enough to fine tune or tailor it, that still doesn't make them a witch.

I agree with your assessment, Wytchywoman. Witches do not have a monopoly on psychic gifts or magical practices.

J

One could always study vamprism, as it is a skill that can learned, and when someone like this attaches to you, you use the same connection to reverse the energy flow and take from them. Though knowing how to do this, you will also learn to keep someone from attaching no matter how skilled they are, but pulling a reversal usually makes them back off really quick.

Just how I play the game, lol.

The more I think about this case, the more I think that Panis and mom may have been subconsciously feeding this person their energy. It looks to me like there was the initial being drawn to this person. Then both parties are focused on how drawn to this person they are, and how they are feeling drained around this person. Then shields are built up to try to block it, but it is because of the focus of the drawing of the energy this person is doing, therefore more energy expended to said man. Then studying the aura, to look and see what is being sucked into the vortex lends even more attention to the person drawing the energy. Even the action of examining the aura requires energy, as well as the energy it takes to think about this person drawing energy, not to mention any and all focus on how this person draws energy and how they feel drawn to him. With all this in mind, I can see why shields did not work out to well. I would say, next time, try not to pay attention at all to the person, and if that is hard to do, come up with a reason to ask for another table far away where the person is out of sight where you can't think about him so much.

This sounds really nasty to be honest... I have had dealings with a few vampires in the past, but, none have operated in this manner... Mostly they have drawn energies in by focusing on a potential target and feeding off them in that way... I usually have a reflective shield around me to reflect back anything trying to attach or feed from my energies, however, I would suspect this would just attract this particular vampire even more... About the only thing I could suggest in this instance would be to energise something else (perhaps a salt cellar) to act as a shield which may in turn break down the energy of the vampire...

Great thread. I agree with Scylla that combat with this gentleman was not wise, and I agree with WytchyWoman that psy-vamps aren't necessarily witches. I'm never met a properly trained psy-vamp (knock on wood), and though untrained, they can be quite a nuisance, they are much easier to fend-off.

I know you said you "beefed up" your aura, Panis, but I definitely think the better idea would have been to bring your aura inward and make it as small as possible. This is a practice that I do often just as an exercise to keep my aura "fit," for lack of a better term, but if you bring it in and shelter it within your body, he may not have found purchase on your energy. Last night in chat, I likened it to martial artists who have trained to "retract" their sensitive family jewels in order to remove that vulnerability from combat. "Sucking in" your aura is also an energy efficient way of cloaking. Since you said he sucked your cloak right in, perhaps not expending energy on the actual cloak was the answer.

Great thread, though, and it's definitely important to remain vigilant of such people and creatures. thumbsup.gif

Great thread. I agree with Scylla that combat with this gentleman was not wise, and I agree with WytchyWoman that psy-vamps aren't necessarily witches. I'm never met a properly trained psy-vamp (knock on wood), and though untrained, they can be quite a nuisance, they are much easier to fend-off.

I know you said you "beefed up" your aura, Panis, but I definitely think the better idea would have been to bring your aura inward and make it as small as possible. This is a practice that I do often just as an exercise to keep my aura "fit," for lack of a better term, but if you bring it in and shelter it within your body, he may not have found purchase on your energy. Last night in chat, I likened it to martial artists who have trained to "retract" their sensitive family jewels in order to remove that vulnerability from combat. "Sucking in" your aura is also an energy efficient way of cloaking. Since you said he sucked your cloak right in, perhaps not expending energy on the actual cloak was the answer.

Great thread, though, and it's definitely important to remain vigilant of such people and creatures. thumbsup.gif

Good Idea I forgot we can bring our feelers and aura inward excellent suggestion.

Trained psy-vamps are much less dangerous because they have learned to feed from the atmosphere around them or on a willing victim . Its the untrained that are far worse because they have no control over their powers and often feed on negative or diseased or mentally ill people and therefore take on said traits. I used to experiment with vamp magic myself briefly. I discovered you could use it to temporarily steal others magical traits so I assume vamps like us because of our potency, also you can form a healing link using vamp magic that is very effective, It was basically a life force transfusion and I used it to heal my very ill grandmother she was much better after a week, the only downside is I was sick and bedridden for a few days.

Greetings Panis, All

Speaking on behalf of the much maligned ... lol

This was a major part of my upbringing so to speak so allow me to put some insight in here that isn't rather dependant on theories but is shall we say more hands on ..

• I know there are many posts that cover the topic of energy vampires but I wanted to know if anyone has ever come across a really strong psychic vamp ?

Yes. Trained with em and learned from em as it happens - from various different backgrounds. Though many of us from particular families don't much care for using the V word at the present time .. much less the shortened "Vamp" terminology which, (although yes very vogue in some circles) actually refers to a femme fatale.

• I came across my first strong one today. I was at a restaurant getting a bite to eat and it wasn't three seconds after I got through the door when I sensed him. A man had walked in behind me all dressed in black, not goth but dressed all in black.

Yup. Fair comment. There are some reasons why that image is often used and more so than others in some of the backgrounds. I don't particularly feel like going into the "why"of that, but as you point out ... With "eyes" switched on so to speak you can see precisely what IS ..

• My senses screamed vampire but he was different from the usual simple vampires he had a way filling up the room with his presence.

Yes that tells me a fair bit about the sort of who you had on your hands .. and the approximate "age" as well.

• So I was seated at a small table near the widow and of course he sat at a table near me. I began to notice the difference in him, most vampires I have come across try to get in contact with the potential victim through chitchat a brush against the arm but this guy almost ignored me if it wast for the occasional glaces here and there I would think he had no interest in me.

Ok so ... "middle aged" then .. yep. Contact is in no way required and to be frank he had all teh contact from you that is required already. You had demonstrated that his spotting you was reciprocal.

• I could feel him pulling the energy away from me. My mother came in shortly, she isn't a witch but she is a gifted empath. she noticed the pull he had on the atmosphere. so I pulled my awareness away from by body and got a better look at him. I was shocked at what I found, his aura was normal except for a very large vortex that terminated near his navel. The vortex was draining energy form not only my mother and I but from every person in the room and it didn't matter if the energy was negative, positive or ambient nothing escaped the vortex.

Yes. Nice move and a solid tactic to assess what you have on your hands. Good spotting to note precisely that you were incidental. In this case you are not a great deal more than a preferred food at the buffet so to speak. This also tells me that they are competant, aware and well versed in a couple of disciplines rather than just one.

• So I generated a shield around my mother and I that has worked int he past but the shield was sucked into the vortex so I made another but this time using the power of the sun it didn't even phase him when it got sucked in.

No it wouldn't. There are a couple of lines who have made their peace to varying degrees with the sun and in as much as your work there that would have simply made the pull on it even stronger to a degree. The whole sun thing is workable against chidlren but not against adults unless tehy are remarkably superstitious - on in one sense religious but that is another story!- If you think of this in terms of mass and gravity it will give you an idea. The harder the shell the more attraction naturally can be exerted upon it. In this case it is like floating a sponge in the bath and taking the plug out. It may sit for a moment but then will move towards the pull in some cases faster than the softer elements around it.

• I finally fund a way to fortify my aura but it only slowed the leaking. I'm usually very good at protecting myself from this kind of thing but I am dumfounded, even the classic methods of protection only offered a temporary bandage Anyone know what kind of defense would have worked against a vampire of this variety ?

Yes. Without wanting to put a stone in any of my associate's shoes. Next time don't block except as a feint.

Instead let me deal with this as a hypothetical and that way I am not monkeying with anyone's day so to speak.

Firstly acknowlege the source. Most of the sort I have ever known have well not taboos exactly but let's say it is considered rude to drain those aware in polite company. In general eye contact and the subtle face which says: "Yes. I see you and I know what you are doing." Is all that is required, a nod and a wink shall we say. That makes the field aware - and in some families that is enough to shut it down as there are proceedures to be followed in public when some are aware.

If you find yourself targetted all you need do is divert with subtle rejoinder that you are not interested. Again, in polite society that is generally enough. If that doesn't do it, then by all means some small superstitious token that says: "Stop" is acceptable. A pinch of salt in a line across between you and them with a simple smile has been known to do it. It doesn't *do* anything of course but it shows you conversant and says: "No." without raising the stakes or issuing a challenge.

If that still does nothing then you can either leave the vicinity and engage in whatever purification rites you make regular use of, or you can set your shield, key it to directly draw from some other power source and let it run with no hinderance. In that way they get fed and the point drains from elsewhere rather than you.

By all means one may engage in the same game by pushing the power in fast (but if they are advanced they will be able to take more than you can push be warned!) or you could try to drain them (again beware you are playing the game thay are experts at so well you know think about the possibilities there) but always think that you are raising the stakes and excalating the problem rather than side stepping it.

No man's block is as effective in the fight game as simply NOT BEING where the punch is designed to contact! *BG*

Beyond all that, if you are sure of yourself and have assurety by particular signs one can spot if they know what to look at, you could always simply make friends - that tends to provide all manner of protections.

Hope this all helps in your next contact(s).

Fraternally

Scott

Thanks, Scott!

I've had experience with "energy takers" (my phrase, rather than using the "V" word) in the past but not enough to speak intelligently on the subject. Those I have encountered, once they knew that *I* knew what they were doing (always done with a look, no conversation), have always left me alone. So I've not had any ideas on how to counter one that took indiscriminately, other than "run away, run away". Although, that seems to be the best course of action in the long run. ;)

Archived