Levitation is it possable ?

Panis_Ramey

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light as a feather stiff as a board worked for me and my friends too when I was a kid.

This doesn't actually surprise me very much. I think in many ways it is more plausible that children would be more likely to achieve this

phenomena, even more likely than witches or practitioners of magic .And the reason is that it is all about belief. Children haven't learned the laws

of physics yet - they lack the certainty of cause and effect that hampers adult thinking. If an adult tried to play light as a feather, stiff

as a board, they would bring all sorts of preconceived ideas and subconscious doubts into play. These would very likely have a

blocking affect on the concentration of the players and certainly on the overall belief that it will work. Children lack these

mental blocks, they believe it will work and so it works.

As a child I would have been surprised to even hear an adult question whether it worked or not. It just did. fact. Ask anyone in a playground.

To be honest, I am a huge skeptic and I don't believe it's possible. Saying that, I'm not going to say that it could never happen. But until I see it, I just won't believe it.

Yes is my answer.There are certain sound frequencies that can levitate objects from what I have read.Although I have not done this myself,well I did play the games in my very young days and it did work,not really tried since.mind over matter can and dose work.

I think this thread has me a little confused - sorry about that. When Panis talked about training the mind I thought he meant levitation through shear willing it to happen, but from latter comments I see people are now talking about electric fields etc, so apologies if I misinterpreted what this was about.

I'm more curious about what medium could be used to levitate by will 1.) focusing ones magnetic envelope to a point of levitation 2.) utilizing TK aka mental energy to defy gravity and levitate 3.) Now I'm reading that sound can lift objects in the air. I think that in order to levitate one would have to generate sufficient repelling force to be lifted off the ground.

I also wanted to know if anyone had experience with the phenomenon, the light as a feather game seems to be the most common experience in levitation.

Sorry can't help on that one,the game played as a child was as far as got.Must say though it would be fun.would soo love to scare the crap out of some one by being able to do that on command,can you imagine heheee.on a more serious note tho, it would would be interesting to hear others who have and I don't mean out of body.

I'm more curious about what medium could be used to levitate by will 1.) focusing ones magnetic envelope to a point of levitation 2.) utilizing TK aka mental energy to defy gravity and levitate 3.) Now I'm reading that sound can lift objects in the air. I think that in order to levitate one would have to generate sufficient repelling force to be lifted off the ground.

I also wanted to know if anyone had experience with the phenomenon, the light as a feather game seems to be the most common experience in levitation.

A lot of people who do this sort of thing won't talk about it in public or on a public forum because to say "Yeah I have levitated." opens them up to a lot of ridicule, demands for proof, and distrust from people who would otherwise be their peers.

A lot of people who do this sort of thing won't talk about it in public or on a public forum because to say "Yeah I have levitated." opens them up to a lot of ridicule, demands for proof, and distrust from people who would otherwise be their peers.

Oh dear how bloody stupid of me,yes of course your right. My apologies :blondmoment:

Oh dear how bloody stupid of me,yes of course your right. My apologies :blondmoment:

lol no need for apologies hun, it was a general comment about the nature of the subject, not directed at you. :)

It's sad to see the level of skepticism in our community. You'd think with the many reality defying moments some of us have expedience we would keep an open mind. I remember reading a fluff book on witchcraft but I cant think of the title it was something like advanced witchcraft, I have read so many books both on and off witchcraft. In it the author made a claim that animal communication, weather manipulation, levitation and animal transformation was impossible for the modern witch because witches have lost these powers over time. I personally took it as a rather viscous insult to the people who can utilize said tools and I lost respect for the author.

I can charm and control most living things instantaneously and I can change the the weather and to hell with those individuals who say its imposable. These tools are nither rare nor are they imposable. One just simly has to open their minds and practice at them with zeal.

Sorry about the rant I feel the same way about the people who tell me that the ingredients I buy are dark.

I agree Panis. It's a fine balance to stay grounded in reality while not limiting yourself. To say "That is impossible." pretty much guarantees (to my way of thinking) that for the person speaking it will definitely remain impossible until they change their mindset. I don't want to limit myself that way.

I agree Panis. It's a fine balance to stay grounded in reality while not limiting yourself. To say "That is impossible." pretty much guarantees (to my way of thinking) that for the person speaking it will definitely remain impossible until they change their mindset. I don't want to limit myself that way.

I know I'm one of the skeptics on the issue of levitation, but your response, Aloe, just reminded me of this quote by George Bernard Shaw:

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. " thumbsup.gif

Wise words no matter what side of the issue one comes down on.

I know I'm one of the skeptics on the issue of levitation, but your response, Aloe, just reminded me of this quote by George Bernard Shaw:

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. " thumbsup.gif

Wise words no matter what side of the issue one comes down on.

Wise words indeed Evergreen. thumbsup.gif

This doesn't actually surprise me very much. I think in many ways it is more plausible that children would be more likely to achieve this

phenomena, even more likely than witches or practitioners of magic .And the reason is that it is all about belief. Children haven't learned the laws

of physics yet - they lack the certainty of cause and effect that hampers adult thinking. If an adult tried to play light as a feather, stiff

as a board, they would bring all sorts of preconceived ideas and subconscious doubts into play. These would very likely have a

blocking affect on the concentration of the players and certainly on the overall belief that it will work. Children lack these

mental blocks, they believe it will work and so it works.

As a child I would have been surprised to even hear an adult question whether it worked or not. It just did. fact. Ask anyone in a playground.

Deguwitch you responded to me earlier when I said that light as a feather stiff as a board worked for me when I was a kid and I meant to respond to you but forgot. I called myself a 'kid', but last time I did this I was 18, away from home, and married, and it worked for me just fine. lol My use of the term 'kid' wasn't meant to imply I was on a playground, just that I was (IMO) a dumb teenager at the time. Honestly I have no doubt it would work for me today if I had some goofy friends around willing to give it a shot. ;)

• 1 year later...

For those of you that haven't seen this, its pretty interesting.   :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdL4d3hEJ0Y

My hubby showed this to me last week,  He was fasicnated!  However, I have seen (on Nat Geo, I think) how this "trick" was done involving yogis or fakirs in India, so I wasn't too impressed.  Now, if he is really levitating, then that's another story!

I did however play the levitation game as a child when I was around 11 or 12 and I did seem to levitate. Pretty interesting.

Yeah, when I first saw it, it scared the shit out of me.  Mostly because of the sounds he was making, not the actual levitating. I think this trick has something to do with his staff. I do think that true levitation is possible, though I think only a few can do it. 

Yeah, when I first saw it, it scared the shit out of me.  Mostly because of the sounds he was making, not the actual levitating. I think this trick has something to do with his staff. I do think that true levitation is possible, though I think only a few can do it. 

Yes, it has something to do with the staff and his clothes.  I wish I could find a video of how it's done, but it is definitely a trick.  Sort of like the broom trick Chris Angel does.

I have always believed this could be possible. I just dont feel the need to train myself to try this.

Perhaps it is only possible for people who have very martial paths or work in this manner. If true levitation is possible (and I don't have an opinion on that), then it would probably only be achievable if it is an integral part of a path. I am not convinced that every witch, even if he or she has significant power, can levitate even with training.

Regarding the 'light as a feather, stiff as a board' game: I had always thought an important part of this game was the subject keeping their eyes closed and in a semi-relaxed state. In this case it seems extremely possible to me that the other people 'levitating' the subject are actually just helping his or her astral body pop out a few inches, which would provide the sensation of floating off the floor to the subject, complete with that nasty falling sensation when concentration is lost. Of course, as I've never played that game, this could be total nonsense :tongue:

Yes, I fully believe that levitation is possible.  Extraordinarily rare but possible.

I played Light as a feather, stiff as a board as a kid and as an adult.  We've gotten people as far up as our arms could reach.  When they freak out and that concentration is lost - they get heavy quick.  It's not always a graceful landing LMAO

Levitating by oneself is something entirely different than Light as a feather, stiff as a board.  I don't know if it's possible for people to 'train' themselves to do it but I do know that it's possible as a spontaneous event.

Buddhists into Kung Fu, do something similar. They demonstrate that if one tenses, they can be elevated up easily, but if they relax, then it is very hard to move them. In Kung Fu, you need a really good rooting into the ground to diminish power applied to you, or to apply power to someone else. So, one of the axioms of the art is to 'relax', not as in go limp relax, but to release unneeded tension. 

Buddhists into Kung Fu, do something similar. They demonstrate that if one tenses, they can be elevated up easily, but if they relax, then it is very hard to move them. In Kung Fu, you need a really good rooting into the ground to diminish power applied to you, or to apply power to someone else. So, one of the axioms of the art is to 'relax', not as in go limp relax, but to release unneeded tension. 

I know the truth of this coming from the lens of a gymnast and cheerleader.  When being lifting you need to tense every muscle in your body to hold your own weight so you are lighter to throw, to be lifted and to lift yourself. It really does make a difference. 

Archived