Levitation is it possable ?

Panis_Ramey

I was wondering to myself the other night if levitation could be an attainable and trainable skill , I'm not talking about the illusion of levitation or a cheap magic-trick but actually using ones own will to consistently defy gravity. Is levitation real? If it is real can you train yourself ? I was wondering if anyone had experience with this practice? I know there are tales of mystics who can hop without using their legs but I don't consider that levitation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever tried "light as a feather stiff as a board" as a kid? I think its possible, but I think you may need to train your mind for years with strict discipline to attain it as the slightest fear would make you fall. I would think those in eastern cultures could do it but honestly, I doubt anyone in the west could do it. We just lack that level of disicpline in our culture.

I do think it's possible. Like WR said though, requiring a level of discipline that many of us westerners don't have. However, I've seen spirits lift objects, can't think of a reason why one couldn't be contracted to assist with levitation.

In the physical sense, I would say no. In the spiritual sense I'm sure you could leave your body and thats all that counts, after all your body is just a shell.

In the physical sense, I would say no. In the spiritual sense I'm sure you could leave your body and thats all that counts, after all your body is just a shell.

I like what Palemoon said. I don't believe natural laws (like gravity) can be broken. I think they can be bent, and witch may appear to levitate, but I don't think actual levitation is possible.

OTOH, if it is possible, I agree that it takes a tremendous amount of mental discipline. Perhaps if the magic users mind could TRANSCEND natural laws, then it would be possible. Interesting topic either way.

I like what Palemoon said. I don't believe natural laws (like gravity) can be broken. I think they can be bent, and witch may appear to levitate, but I don't think actual levitation is possible.

I agree.

It would be cool, thou. It would be most useful right now with everything going on.

Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes. It's really very difficult to create the suspension of disbelief that would make that possible when shit very typically doesn't typically float around every day and science and common sense give you a big "NO!"

Ever tried "light as a feather stiff as a board" as a kid? I think its possible, but I think you may need to train your mind for years with strict discipline to attain it as the slightest fear would make you fall. I would think those in eastern cultures could do it but honestly, I doubt anyone in the west could do it. We just lack that level of disicpline in our culture.

very true, I don't think it would be a common gift if it was possible not to mention the years of metal training.

I do think it's possible. Like WR said though, requiring a level of discipline that many of us westerners don't have. However, I've seen spirits lift objects, can't think of a reason why one couldn't be contracted to assist with levitation.

I remember reading something that said the witches of old commanded the spirits of air to lift them up.

In the physical sense, I would say no. In the spiritual sense I'm sure you could leave your body and that is all that counts, after all your body is just a shell.

People defy gravity all the time using multiple forms of energy. I think the force would have to be greater than the gravitational pull but to command gravity to reverse itself would be improbable not to mention catastrophic.

Could poltergeist be a form of levitation ? perhaps some people causes things to happen but don't know how to do it planned.

I have heard of people being lifted by spirits but I have never seen such a phenomena, though Ive seen spirits leave a bite mark on someone and knock stuff down.

Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes. It's really very difficult to create the suspension of disbelief that would make that possible when shit very typically doesn't typically float around every day and science and common sense give you a big "NO!"

Good Point

I have had some luck in the past but it was nothing spectacular or planned and the second I got scared It stopped, most of the time it happens as an accident. when I was a kid I was standing on a pile of junk to look over a fence. I heard something shift but I didn't pay any attention to it and when I looked down there was nothing supporting my feet but I was indeed suspended in air. I had one of those crazy cartoon moments were they look down and realize they aren't on solid ground. I didn't fall though I just gently drifted down to the ground.

I have also woken up from a dead sleep only to drop a few inches and hit the bed with a violent thud, can't say what that was.

I'm not very gifted with telekinesis , when I do my TK experiments I put a few grains of salt inside of a drawn circle and then cover everything with a transparent bowel. I then try to move the grans out of the drawn circle. Ive had some luck but I can only do one at a time. I also check for seismic activity beforehand.

I think I started a thread about impossible versus improbable some time ago. I'd look for it, but I'm tired, so someone else can show their search skills, if they are so inclined. I like how your brain works, BTW.

Jevne

OTOH, if it is possible, I agree that it takes a tremendous amount of mental discipline. Perhaps if the magic users mind could TRANSCEND natural laws, then it would be possible. Interesting topic either way.

Over 100 years ago, it was impossible for a hunk of metal to "fly". Now we have planes that can break the sound barrier. I agree that the law of gravity can not be broken. Planes don't use technology that breaks the law of gravity though. So, if ones mind could generate enough electromagnetic energy in ones aura to overcome the force of gravity than yes I believe we can learn to mediate, but holding that state of mind would require incredible discipline.

Before he died, my father was working on a an antigravity project for NASA using electromagnetic fields to levitate heavy objects, like cars. According to my aunt, he told her he figured it out shortly before he died. Sadly, his computer was erased and donated.

, if ones mind could generate enough electromagnetic energy in ones aura to overcome the force of gravity than yes I believe we can learn to mediate, but holding that state of mind would require incredible discipline.

This is how I figured it would work Whiterose the magnetic envelope that surrounds our bodies is an amazing thing.

Over 100 years ago, it was impossible for a hunk of metal to "fly". Now we have planes that can break the sound barrier. I agree that the law of gravity can not be broken. Planes don't use technology that breaks the law of gravity though. So, if ones mind could generate enough electromagnetic energy in ones aura to overcome the force of gravity than yes I believe we can learn to mediate, but holding that state of mind would require incredible discipline.

Before he died, my father was working on a an antigravity project for NASA using electromagnetic fields to levitate heavy objects, like cars. According to my aunt, he told her he figured it out shortly before he died. Sadly, his computer was erased and donated.

I don't disagree with you at all, Whiterose, and perhaps I'm just having a super shitty day, but I'm feeling really defensive about your comment about airplanes and their possibility 100 years ago. I'm not arguing anything about technology. EDIT: Perhaps I'm reading your comment TOTALLY wrong... I'm having an absolute shit day... if that's the case, I sincerely apologize.

As I said in my post, if levitation is possible it would definitely take a lot of mental discipline and working with or transcending natural laws in order to work. *shrug*

I like what you said about electromagnetic energy and I think that's something to look into.

Sucks about your father's work! That would have been fascinating.

I think I started a thread about impossible versus improbable some time ago. I'd look for it, but I'm tired, so someone else can show their search skills, if they are so inclined. I like how your brain works, BTW.

Jevne

It's in the private forum, J.

I don't disagree with you at all, Whiterose, and perhaps I'm just having a super shitty day, but I'm feeling really defensive about your comment about airplanes and their possibility 100 years ago. I'm not arguing anything about technology. EDIT: Perhaps I'm reading your comment TOTALLY wrong... I'm having an absolute shit day... if that's the case, I sincerely apologize.

As I said in my post, if levitation is possible it would definitely take a lot of mental discipline and working with or transcending natural laws in order to work. *shrug*

I like what you said about electromagnetic energy and I think that's something to look into.

Sucks about your father's work! That would have been fascinating.

Oh no no, I'm not picking on your post at all, I was trying to add to it. I liked what you said about "bending" the laws of gravity vs breaking them and I was trying to add to that train of thought with the plane thing. I was just pointing out actual technology that would have seemed to break the laws of gravity and therefore be impossible over 100 years. I'm sorry if came off weird, that was not my intention at all. :confused: Sorry about your shitty day.

Oh no no, I'm not picking on your post at all, I was trying to add to it. I liked what you said about "bending" the laws of gravity vs breaking them and I was trying to add to that train of thought with the plane thing. I was just pointing out actual technology that would have seemed to break the laws of gravity and therefore be impossible over 100 years. I'm sorry if came off weird, that was not my intention at all. :confused: Sorry about your shitty day.

Gotcha! No harm. No foul. That's what I get for reading under the influence of bad days. grin_witch.gif

I just remembered something that goes along with levitation, flight, electromagnetic energy and aura. I remember now that Basque witches never flew by broom in legend they flew inside of fireballs but never brooms. This is a question for speculation and theory but what if they had mastered a state where they could supercharge their auras and it merely looked like a fireball due to corona discharge?

Such a state would require someone to have a very advanced nervous system to create that kind of electrical potential but then again basque witches were rarely human they were viewed as a kind of nature spirit or fairy.

I think this thread has me a little confused - sorry about that. When Panis talked about training the mind I thought he meant levitation through shear willing it to happen, but from latter comments I see people are now talking about electric fields etc, so apologies if I misinterpreted what this was about.

Just to clarify my personal opinions, I don't think by willing or entering a trance or higher plane on a purely mental level, that you would be able to physically raise the weight of your body (through only a mental effort - am I making any sense lol?).

BUT if we are talking about energizing the body in a way that DOES produce a physical change/output - electric fields, magnetic forces, static etc - then yes of course things would move! How one could generate such forces I don't know (if I did I would be whizzing around right now believe me) but I do believe it is possible. I'm not sure if it is something that everybody could learn to do, or if only people of a certain "type" could do -i'm thinking as I type this of those people with incredibly stretchy skin who can pull the flesh on their neck up over their face. They can do it because they are born a different way, I couldn't "train" myself to do it. The witches is fireball is amazing, I have never heard that before, it if a fantastic image, thanks for mentioning it! Did they have some genetic mutation that gave them extra electrical outputs or tolerances? It is very interesting.

Hope that made some kind of sense, I put things across better in person, I seem to be a bit of a dufus trying to explain in writing :pumpkin_rolleyes:

(p.s. It was possible over 100 years ago for a hunk of metal to fly but no one knew then how to build a plane - it was only the knowledge that was lacking, the physics was still the same!)

I've been levitating and hovering all my life. Only two or three times did I ever achieve an actual flight, usually it takes great effort to get about a foot off the ground but I can maintain that for some time.

Only well into my forties did I realise it was all just a recurring and very convincing dream. What a disappointment!

But the ability must be there, deep in my subconscious - or the dreams wouldn't seem so real.:witch_bounce:

But the ability must be there, deep in my subconscious

I know for a fact that this phenomenom is real, I don't think we dispute this. There has been times on my Aircraft, that the electrical charges out side the plane while skirting a Thunderstorm or just being in the vacinity of of one, has lifted empty styrofoam cups off the galley counters, I've seen this numerous times as well as my former collegues. So that energy is there and manifests itself when the conditions are right, its a natural visitation, and I believe the Witch can tap into that. During the beginnings of the Spring season for me, I can muster up enough personal energy, to manipulate dry leaves to skim about and flutter in patterns and such, when there is no wind about at all, but only in Spring. I don't know why not in the Fall when the leaves are so damn abundant. LOL ! I'm not gonna worry about why. This must be a " right " occurrence for me, some how.

Personally, I'd like to light a candle with direction and personal concentrated energy. That would be lots of fun. I've spent too much time in the air, for my liking.... lol !

Regards,

Gypsy

I know this is going to sound cheesey, but when I was a kid, my sister and her friends wanted to do the "light as a feather, stiff as a board" and used me. I can hontesly say that it worked. I remember feeling myself lift off the ground softly and hearing the girls gasp when they seen me. Now it wasn't like I was 5 feet off the floor, more like a about 5 or so inches, but I was off the floor and when concentration was broken I fell. I was a strong witch when I was a child then I am now, due to all the mudane crap I have learned and what not.

I even did the bloody Mary and it worked. I was not even in front of a mirror and some friends of mine and I called to "the devil" and had a shadow with horns appear on the wall before all the candles blew out on their own. But those are a different story.

1347658217[/url]' post='133739']

I know this is going to sound cheesey, but when I was a kid, my sister and her friends wanted to do the "light as a feather, stiff as a board" and used me. I can hontesly say that it worked. I remember feeling myself lift off the ground softly and hearing the girls gasp when they seen me. Now it wasn't like I was 5 feet off the floor, more like a about 5 or so inches, but I was off the floor and when concentration was broken I fell. I was a strong witch when I was a child then I am now, due to all the mudane crap I have learned and what not.

I even did the bloody Mary and it worked. I was not even in front of a mirror and some friends of mine and I called to "the devil" and had a shadow with horns appear on the wall before all the candles blew out on their own. But those are a different story.

Thank you! I was thinking I was the only one. I have three sisters and we used to " play" all the time lol. At one point we got strong enough they actually stood up with me supported by fingers i was concentrating so hard it was untill they gasped I relised I was levitating . That of course broke everyones concentration and I came crashing down and sprained my wrist badly. We never told our mom how it really happened lol. I think it must take increadable concentration and possibly will be imposssable without others feeding it.

Archived