Crossed Keys

Archabyss

I brought this on Saturday after a trip out to the bookstore in London.

Essentially on main interest is that fact that it is an English translation of the Black Dragon grimoire and the one of Enchriridion of Pope Leo the Third, I'm a big fan of Jake Stratton Kents work with the True Grimoire and this books adds to it. However I am a witch so what's in it for us?

Mainly the spells and counter spells if I'm honest, if you like the cunning men incantations then you may recognise a few of them but there are some I haven't seen, slight downside in that some of the uses are very much for male practitioners (although maybe some women may use them, whatever floats your boat after all) such as getting a woman to dance for you nude. Then there are the mysteries, which are blessings for animals and also psalm work all in great detail for such a complex and small book.

I like the personal diary excepts from the author about some of his work which was details on one of the workings you can perform with the use of this book and the other grimoires. It shows his depth of understanding in this field, although I may not agree with the guys history but the work is fantastic.

Highly recommending this book. :)

Plus it is a handy carrying size, I like the scarlet imprint hardbacks but I have to admit their paperbacks are very good quality and are plain enough to read on the way to work which for me is great.

I usually buy the digital version to decide if I like the content well enough to buy either the hardback or paper version. Love that they make all three options available!

It's good they do that but I have to admit to liking physical books though.

Shame that not more publishers do the three approaches for their books, I think it would stop the secondhand market getting out of hand as it tends to do.

Archived