"Call of the Horned Piper" Nigel Aldcroft Jackson

Michele

There has to be a thread on here somewhere about this book, but I couldn't find it. This is a book I have gone back to time and again for references to European folkloric practices and beliefs. Tonight I was looking for something specific, which I found, lol, but also found this excerpt which has always had meaning to me:

"The "human" and the "faery" are the two poles of our being between which we oscillate through our transmigrational cycles of rebirths, our countless discarnations and incarnations. In other words, the Sidhe are ourselves awaiting birth in middle-earth and we ourselves are the Sidhe awaiting our return to Elfhame."

In other words, death to us is their rebirth, and death to them is our incarnation. Interesting perspective.

M

Hm... I have that book but I don't think I read it thoroughly as I clearly missed that part. That is interesting. I've been wondering about the Fae recently, too. Hmm.

I totally love this book. It is deceptively simple, but is packed with information. I always return to this book.

M

• 4 months later...