Communing with the Spirits

ruby

This is one of the newer books I have been reading and I am finding it to be an interesting read, so far. While I consider this one to be the first book I have read that is devoted entirely to the subject, it does look like this author, Martin Coleman, has been practicing this art for quite a long time. It is more of a practical book and he definitely has his own style and strong views about certain things. For example, he is very clear on his stance on the types of people that should be practicing necromancy and is not shy about his warnings to those thinking about treading this particular path. The bit of information in the Appendix on powders, incenses, and formulas is interesting.

As someone who notices/deals with spirits around them anyway, I got the book out of curiosity, to see if this specific type of work would be a good fit for me. I do like the way he explains his thoughts and techniques <no flowery language>, even if I don't necessarily agree with everything he says. At the least, I respect that he definitely seems to take his work rather seriously.

I was curious if anyone else has read this particular book and what his/her thoughts are about the way he approaches this topic.

*I did do a search, but couldn't find this book mentioned yet. If there is already a thread, feel free to point it out. :)

There's not a thread about it I don't think, but Sarasuperid and I posted in the "What are you reading ATM" thread about this book. I liked it even though I didn't agree with some of his ideas. I'm sure they're effective, just not the same as how I go about it. I liked though that he was straight to the point and not afraid to say "This is how I do it and this is what I feel is important about it!".

There's not a thread about it I don't think, but Sarasuperid and I posted in the "What are you reading ATM" thread about this book. I liked it even though I didn't agree with some of his ideas. I'm sure they're effective, just not the same as how I go about it. I liked though that he was straight to the point and not afraid to say "This is how I do it and this is what I feel is important about it!".

Ah ok, thank you, Aloe! I will go sift through that thread in case there are any more comments I missed and thank you for posting your thoughts on the book.

Funny! I came across this book at about 3am and was wondering if it was any good. Thanks for starting the thread, Anara!

Pretty substantial preview of it here on Google- http://books.google.com/books?id=A3hX1iGYGUgC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

You're right, it is actually a very generous preview, thanks for the link, Marabet. I especially liked that it was able to show me that there's a copy at my local library. :)