77 replies to this topic

#41 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hi all :)

Thanks for posting this as I have just had a bad experience with trying to join a traditional witches site where I was tested to the hilt. Sure! I am no expert about traditional witchcraft and know about a bit more about wicca only because that is what most of the witchcraft literature which seems to be available is about, but I have never felt comfortable with it myself because of its modernised views. Still, I do respect wiccans even if it is not for me.

I have found the chat and links on here to be more of what I am about but I`m a bit nervous about joining in:scared: because of my experience on the other forum where I had to watch my words all the time and was condesended to when I was wrong (and that was before they even accepted my application!)

Anyway, I hope I can contribute as well as learn from everyone on here.

A bit more about me, I am into old medieval and Victorian wives tales (i.e especially form places like Whitby) and working with herbs, amongst other things.

Thanks

FG xx

#42 Guest_lusete_*

Guest_lusete_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Thank fuck we don't have to be prim and proper with our language here.:witch_bounce:

And I love the smileys!!!

:ani_witch_moon: :stirring:

I heard so much about Whitby... I really fancy going for a weekend there.

Lusete )o(

#43 lurcher

lurcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

I would just like to add, thank fuck to Sandy and Brian for making TW possible, all the mods for their handy advice on site protocol (and keeping us in line) and all the members for such interesting and diverse viewpoints. Every day there are so many things here to think about, so I'm fast becoming an addict.
Having got that off my chest, it must be time to bite someone.:puppykiss:

Brian

#44 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Having got that off my chest, it must be time to bite someone.:puppykiss:

Brian

Bite me!! Bite me!! hehehe No seriously Brian, I am glad you are enjoying it here - you are a great asset to this place and we love having you here.:biggrin2:

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#45 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww now why does Sands get to have ALL the fun dammit?! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 lurcher

lurcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hee hee. Form an orderly queue there. Sandy did ask first :naughty:

#47 Deb13b

Deb13b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

I would just like to add, thank fuck to Sandy and Brian for making TW possible, all the mods for their handy advice on site protocol (and keeping us in line) and all the members for such interesting and diverse viewpoints. Every day there are so many things here to think about, so I'm fast becoming an addict.
.:puppykiss:

Brian

I second that ! This site is great, I am sooooo thankful to have found it.

#48 Maypole

Maypole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

Thank fuck we don't have to be prim and proper with our language here.:witch_bounce:

:ani_witch_moon: :stirring:

I heard so much about Whitby... I really fancy going for a weekend there.

Lusete )o(

When I said I had to watch my words I meant what I said about being a witch. Not swearing ha ha ha!

Hey if you ever wanna meet in Whitby I`ll meet ya! Just wait till I am employed again though so I can buy all the swag!:eheheh:

FG xx

#49 Nautonnier

Nautonnier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

cockmuppets!...He he he!....(love new words!)....LOL!..I met the Cuntish people as well...a very p®icky Tribe...LOL!

thats a great mission statement.....beautifully Put sandy and Lovely to Meet you!

I Love This Site!
havent been so excited in many a long year!
Fresh,
Open minded,
Inspiring.

Excellent!

Edited by Nautonnier, 26 January 2009 - 04:20 PM.

#50 Frankie

Frankie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Yes, Sandy certainly has a way with words!:D I have read through her posts and have about died laughing!:roflhard:
Nature is open to the eyes that can see it.

#51 Guest_nick_*

Guest_nick_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

WEEEEEE!!!! Its a PARRRTAY:party:in here!lol
I like the smilies to.:thumbsup:There cool!

Anyways im glad I was shown to this site. Nomore:brickwall:, because I can't talk to anyone about myself or learn more about TW without being put under a microscope and disected.:hugs:Thanks Anjel!

#52 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

cockmuppets!...He he he!....(love new words!)....LOL!..I met the Cuntish people as well...a very p®icky Tribe...LOL!

I nearly fell off my chair when I just read that :roflhard:

Amber xxx

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact." Ralph Waldo Emerson.

#53 PaganMama

PaganMama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

the more I do read the more confident I made a good choice in coming here. I am all unknowing. :eye: this sight and the postings make more sense to me than other sights. Ive read actual books :crazy:, and gotten more knowledge and insight out of those than some of the sights online I have found. too confusing with all kinds of restrictions,I might as well be christian. i dont enjoy my time spent on rules and regulations n whats right and wrong, and when i want to do spell work, i want to do it and move on, not spend half a day doing this and that, its bogus anyway, my way has worked for as long as Ive practiced. Ive debated with some, take others with a grain of salt, and still do what I do anyway.

I am also irish, with french n german n american indian along the mix.( my family has tried to trace african/american also, but as far as I know it hasnt been found yet) I find myself bending towards celtic and indian histories, of course. my dream is to visit Ireland one day for a summer, and to visit n indian reservation for a summer. experiencing different cultures is exhilerating for me. I want to experience lifes journeys and embrace everything I see, hear, smell and taste.

Speaking of another thing I saw, who has heard of the recent events in california to force a divorce on gay couples? its horrible to me that a government would make and break laws to suit themselves never worried about who it affects, makes me really mad. My 1st husbands one sister is gay, i rejoiced when she got married, my next door neighbors are married in spirit. whos the government to say who we can share our life with and who we cant. grr. rant over. Gonna keep looking around.

#54 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

While I don't think all spells and magic should take a long time and require a lot of complicated components. I do think there is something to be said for spells that you worked hard to complete and put major effort into over a period of time. I wonder about our fast food, mtv, short attention span societial attitude seeping into our magic. Traditional witchcraft does have an element of work in it.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#55 Luna

Luna

LunaTechChick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

While I don't think all spells and magic should take a long time and require a lot of complicated components. I do think there is something to be said for spells that you worked hard to complete and put major effort into over a period of time. I wonder about our fast food, mtv, short attention span societial attitude seeping into our magic. Traditional witchcraft does have an element of work in it.

I agree 100%. You get what you put in. Put in a little, get little results. Put lots in, better results.

"I'm not saying, I'm just saying..."

#56 Patrima

Patrima

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I think your comments are timely and well-founded, sara.

As much as I would like to think that magic and its practise in witchcraft are beyond the reach of the ills of modern life, I honestly can't say that I really believe that. Many use magic to attend to these ills, or as a reaction to them, and it helps and works in part because (and this is just my opinion) it is founded on something fundamental -deeper, heavier and more 'basic' (I'm struggling for the right word, as you can see)- that base existing alongside the mundane.

But does subjecting magic and one's practise to the ADD life that we all lead in some way or another make the work somehow less potent and effective? -Beyond little results for little work, I mean completely unanticipated and uncontrollable or even zero results for this subjugated, rushed and inattentive work. (I am purposefully using the word subjugation here, too.) Obviously my answer is yes.

The practise of witchcraft and magical workings, while it need not be formal and lengthy, does still need more than anything, mindfulness on the part of the practitioner. A little planning ahead, a little self-awareness and clear-thinking all go a long way, I'd say, and none of these things need take too much time!

This is definitely a topic of concern that I will be taking to heart, sara, and thanks for addressing it!
:wavex:

#57 Luna

Luna

LunaTechChick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

I think your comments are timely and well-founded, sara.

The practise of witchcraft and magical workings, while it need not be formal and lengthy, does still need more than anything, mindfulness on the part of the practitioner. A little planning ahead, a little self-awareness and clear-thinking all go a long way, I'd say, and none of these things need take too much time!

Y'all are so much better at putting things into words than I am. lol But these are my thoughts on this exactly.

"I'm not saying, I'm just saying..."

#58 Faerydae

Faerydae

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

Am going to add my two pennies worth in...i think, as a newbie, its a great site...I have had a look at a few pagan/wiccan ones and asked a few questions to see if we fitted and this is the only one I have wanted to join...a lot of people I have spoken to in the past,claim to have all the answers or at least all the 'right' answers but I've still been left wondering. It's more 'real' here and its good that even if you (and by this I mean me lol) don't really know what you are or where you fit in, that you are still listened to. thanks:witchbroom:

Edited by Faerydae, 20 April 2009 - 12:52 PM.

'We're the other kind,' said Granny. 'We're the kind that gives people what they know they really need, not what they think they ought to want.'

#59 musca

musca

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Wow, are you EVER talking about what I call "The Plastic Society"!
Even in the wintertime, I go arond the house (And even sometimes outside) barefoot because I cannot STAND shoes! I've found that I like to keep "contact" with the ground, such as it is. I find it much easier to concentrate on ANYTHING, including spells, by trying to be as close to the Earth as possible.:loving:I LOVE the feeling!

#60 Nyxiah

Nyxiah

Mistress of Twisted Bats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

^I admire your tenacity - my toes would drop off if i did that! :D I get cold very quickly and my extremeties are the first to feel it, so i'm always keeping myself rugged up :D

BUT i do love the feeling of soft grass under bare feet when it's warm, that is just lovely!

I make the path - Alice from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.