• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

Thank you again Guys. We still feel the "community feel" was and is the right way to go. Makes a change from the stand-offish other sites out there... so we are glad most of you enjoy it here. Obviously, the community spirit won't suit everyone but I have to say I love all the members here, we all bring something unique and individual to this place which makes it so special. :hugs:
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#22 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

Yes i joined another trad witch site where its quite naive and cuntish :rolleyes:

#23 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

cuntish :rolleyes:

I do LOVE that word LOL .. sums everything up in just 7 letters LOL

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#24 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:01 AM

Yup left that one in a hurry :jerk:

#25 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:04 PM

I don't know what I can add that has not already been said. I, too, have really enjoyed the family atmosphere here. The interaction between friends, which is how I view each and every person here. I must add, however, this is a rich site even for a wiccan, when they come here with an open mind and an open heart. There is a lot of knowledge here that might not be transferred within a closed coven environment, because it is not of that tradition. This site might try to discourage the wiccan from joining or staying after joining, but the experience here is so great that they might stay because of the people and the knowledge they impart. :cauldron:

#26 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

True

#27 Tana

Tana

Earth Mother

• Moderators
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

Somehow I missed this post! I just want to say how much I value this community and also that I really enjoy the questions and debate, which goes on in posts and chat. I don't know everything! I'm the first to admit that, and I find myself learning aspects of certain disciplines I have not felt was a strength of mine in the past, such as herbal work. I also enjoy sharing when I do have some experience or knowledge as it enables me to still see my gaps and areas to research and ponder. Oldies (LOL) and newbies, we are all learning and developing and I hope that process never ends, I don't think it will. Thankyou Brian and Sandy.
)0( Tana )o(

If I break faith with thee, may the skies fall upon me, the seas drown me, and the earth rise up and swallow me.

#28 Sara

Sara

Questioner of all things!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:40 PM

Haha! Don't worry Tana I missed it too!

I am glad that I have found this home away from home (whilst being in my home!:shock:). Anyway...I am very thankful for all of the people here. This is my haven. I have never been ridiculed or laughed at because I know all of squat about this. We have the best "teachers" because they don't know that they are teaching when they are. We are given back the power and the ability to get back to thinking for ourselves.

Thank you Brian and Sandy :flirt:!

#29 Guest_Kathrina_*

Guest_Kathrina_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:45 AM

Sandy and Brian-
Thank you. I really love it here. :flirt:This is a wonderful community and I'm glad to be a part of it.

#30 smilinirisheyes_1

smilinirisheyes_1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:45 PM

I would like to give my thank you's for wveryone on this site, first of all. I am one of the dissilutioned Wiccan turned Trad that Sandy spoke of. I want to learn all I can about being a traditional witch. I am Irish(obviously) so I want to go down the Traditional Celtic path. My hubby is a Cherokee, so I want to learn anything I can about the traditional Cherokee shaman's ways as well. So far, I have found similiarities with both. I am sure I will find more. There are some things from Wicca that are valid, BUT, there are too many people on the Wicca sites that insist that you do things THEIR way. I am not the type of person that is satisfied with learning ONE way. I want to learn from ALL different directions and learn different perspectives, and I feel that I can do that here. FOR THAT I THANK YOU!!!!!! Oh, By the way, HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!!! SLAINTE'!!:atoast:
Candi:thanks::laugh1:

#31 Loona Wynd

Loona Wynd

Shamanic seeker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

As a witch whose only information comes from books on Wicca, I find this site a nice and much needed change of pace. It's difficult to change gears, yet not at the same time. I have a lot to learn here, and I hope people don't mind me asking a lot of questions.

#32 Greenfeet

Greenfeet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

It is the differences that attracted me to this site. The different focus, the different feel of it.

Thank you for keeping this place unique. :clap:

#33 Guest_trhollen_*

Guest_trhollen_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

I know that thjis is an older post but I just wanted to say thankyou for posting this, It makes complete sense and I and I have never felt SO relieved to find such a place to fit in. I don't know of many other places that would not check me into a looney bin if I told them that I hear things when nothing appears to be there......haha 'those little voices' ok not necessarily voices but definite noises and bumps and bangs.

#34 Grimalkin

Grimalkin

The grumpy one

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

I don't mind trying to teach someone something, but not the same question over and over again. One major reason I left Wicca was that every day some thirteen year old wanted a spell to get her boyfriend back or to curse their parents. Also you couldn't have a negative opinion of anything. If you disagreed with some piece of fluff someone was putting out as fact, everyone called you a meanie (seriously..they called me a "meanie" lol) and told you to respect EVERY opinion....even if it was obviously flawed.

Posted Image
Life's only souvenir is the love we have for each other.

#35 Brigid

Brigid

Beyond The Bullshit...........yeah, even yours.......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

I have no problem teaching and no problem learning from others sharing knowledge keeps the tradition alive!

#36 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

I don't mind trying to teach someone something, but not the same question over and over again. One major reason I left Wicca was that every day some thirteen year old wanted a spell to get her boyfriend back or to curse their parents. Also you couldn't have a negative opinion of anything. If you disagreed with some piece of fluff someone was putting out as fact, everyone called you a meanie (seriously..they called me a "meanie" lol) and told you to respect EVERY opinion....even if it was obviously flawed.

I have no problem teaching and no problem learning from others sharing knowledge keeps the tradition alive!

I do teach. But not on here. On here we suggest and offer up what each of us do as individuals.

As a whole community on here...we exchange teaching and learning with each posts :)

#37 Tiffany

Tiffany

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

I know i've not been around as much as I would have liked but I came here at a time when I was very disillusioned about the whole wiccan witch thing. I knew someone who's teen was led astray by an older online "man". Everywhere I went said no, no you must live in sweetness and light when all i wanted to do was shout "kill the bastard"! No one told me I had to be sweetness and light here, people understood why i wanted to hex his bits off and for that I will be forever truely greatful. You're allowed to have a dark and twisted side here, everyone has one otherwise how can you be balanced. Light needs dark just most other sites don't let you mention that EVER! and people swear on here LMAO!

#38 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

....and people swear on here LMAO!

No fucking way!!! :omg:

Posted Image

#39 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

You mean I've been saying 'cunt' all these years thinking I was a rebel ?
Oh dash it!

#40 Guest_Oakbuchanan_*

Guest_Oakbuchanan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

Just to add I think this site is the dogs bollocks! and its a pleasure to be here! :)