Photo
- - - - -

Dodgy seller

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

When I saw she was a trekkie and takes in stray cats I did soften. The I saw her bragging about herself being ruthless in marketing. Just found she's got a wiccan blog, Mystical Musings, and she sells subscriptions for it on Amazon. So I've done the decent thing and written a little review (on the UK site only). I don't think I can do reviews on the US one. She's just weird. In her blog she's describing how her cats have trashed her house, they've broken her statues and other items on her altars and she's in absolute chaos. She still thinks she can sell a blog teaching gullible people how to practice witchcraft. She's an idiot who's making a mockery of everything. Funnily enough her latest entry talks about how witches don't hex.

Trashing her shit, huh? Well now, perhaps another buyer has already gotten to her! :) Knowing me I'd make sure things got a lot worse. I'm so evil. I've always feared something like this happening to me and who knows what I'd do in that situation. *insert most evil face ever here*

I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#22 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well my building society has refunded me the money and they're now trying to get the money back from her bank. However, they also said they may take the refund back off of me! I realised it really isn't the money that I'm pissed about.
Dance me through to the stillness, to the point where the motion begins. Dance me through to the silence, to the edge where the world begins. - Kathryn Price NicDhana

#23 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Guys, why is it everyone seems to be ignoring what I wrote? I did some digging and first off she does not have an "F" at the BBB, she has a Bminus. She has that mark due to the fact that she has rectified the situations with quite a few of her customers who share the same complaint. In other words, she is working on it.

Regarding her saying that "witches don't hex." That statement is taken out of context. She didn't mean all witches, she specifically said that about WICCAN witches, which as you know is true.

So why the hunt?? Yes money needs to be returned, I know that. Yes she screwed up. Yes what was done or not done as the case may be was wrong. Yes she shouldn't even BE in business if she can't get her act together. But the fact remains that even the BBB sees that she is making a decent effort to fix the complaints. So why all the hostility?

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#24 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Guys, why is it everyone seems to be ignoring what I wrote? I did some digging and first off she does not have an "F" at the BBB, she has a Bminus. She has that mark due to the fact that she has rectified the situations with quite a few of her customers who share the same complaint. In other words, she is working on it.

Regarding her saying that "witches don't hex." That statement is taken out of context. She didn't mean all witches, she specifically said that about WICCAN witches, which as you know is true.

So why the hunt?? Yes money needs to be returned, I know that. Yes she screwed up. Yes what was done or not done as the case may be was wrong. Yes she shouldn't even BE in business if she can't get her act together. But the fact remains that even the BBB sees that she is making a decent effort to fix the complaints. So why all the hostility?

Anyone that has kept my money AND the item I wanted since February - it is nearly August - would be dealing with my wrath. Period. And the fact that this person has a reputation for this kinda thing doesn't help at all. Where I'm from playing with people's money is a big deal, not something you shrug off.

-Oscar Wilde

#25 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

She did have an F rating. I don't know how the hell she's managed to jump up to a B- so quickly. The comment about the witches hexing was not meant in the way that you took it. It was reference to the fact that a few others had mentioned hexing on this thread and I found it amusing that she'd happened to do a post mentioning hexing around the similar time. I'll emphasise that I "think" she put that specific post up at the same time. She comes across to me as a woman who hides behind the 'harm none' and seems to think she's dealing with fluffy new agers who she can walk all over. I wasn't calling her out on the wiccans do or don't hex. Although a lot of older & more trad wiccans do hex. I believe that Dorothy Morrison who wrote Utterly Wicked Curses is wiccan. Although I may be wrong. I don't know if you thought I was lying, but I can assure you I wasn't. Whether she has a bad attitude or she is just dizzy, I don't know.
Her rating improved because she has outside people twisting her arm up her back and forcing her to resolve the issues.

Edited by Wych Elm, 25 July 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Dance me through to the stillness, to the point where the motion begins. Dance me through to the silence, to the edge where the world begins. - Kathryn Price NicDhana

#26 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

1343237019[/url]' post='129033']
She did have an F rating. I don't know how the hell she's managed to jump up to a B- so quickly. The comment about the witches hexing was not meant in the way that you took it. It was reference to the fact that a few others had mentioned hexing on this thread and I found it amusing that she'd happened to do a post mentioning hexing around the similar time. I'll emphasise that I "think" she put that specific post up at the same time. She comes across to me as a woman who hides behind the 'harm none' and seems to think she's dealing with fluffy new agers who she can walk all over. I wasn't calling her out on the wiccans do or don't hex. Although a lot of older & more trad wiccans do hex. I believe that Dorothy Morrison who wrote Utterly Wicked Curses is wiccan. Although I may be wrong. I don't know if you thought I was lying, but I can assure you I wasn't. Whether she has a bad attitude or she is just dizzy, I don't know.
Her rating improved because she has outside people twisting her arm up her back and forcing her to resolve the issues.

I do there was just an exposé on this you can pay dues and they automatically increase your rating.

#27 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Anyone that has kept my money AND the item I wanted since February - it is nearly August - would be dealing with my wrath. Period. And the fact that this person has a reputation for this kinda thing doesn't help at all. Where I'm from playing with people's money is a big deal, not something you shrug off.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be mad. It just seemed like everyone was out for blood more than then her action deserved. I certainly would be angry too and wouldn't stand for it. Its absurd that she has not addressed you about this yet.

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

#28 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

"Her rating improved because she has outside people twisting her arm up her back and forcing her to resolve the issues".-LOL ---:laugh: No doubt!! I thinks she's ditzy myself. With the hex thing, I thought you had mis-remembered due the fact that you are highly annoyed with her---it's a common thing to do. negative haloing, that sort of thing Hope I didn't offend you, not trying to.

#29 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

I do there was just an exposé on this you can pay dues and they automatically increase your rating.

You have GOT to be kidding! Then what the heck is the point?!

#30 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

It just seemed like everyone was out for blood more than then her action deserved.

More than her action deserved according to what standard? Your opinion? Posted Image

(You're entitled to your opinion of course just seemed like you were outraged that others didn't share it, which I found odd.)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#31 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be mad. It just seemed like everyone was out for blood more than then her action deserved. I certainly would be angry too and wouldn't stand for it. Its absurd that she has not addressed you about this yet.

Oh no, I wasn't thinking you believed the OP didn't have a right to be angry. But it came off as "but she's trying so ease up" and I was just saying I wouldn't ease up until either my money was returned or she gave me the item I'd paid for - and the fact that she's obviously always done this would make me even more angry, regardless of what she's done to make it better. My point is it never should've gotten that bad in the first place. I'm also on the monthly so if I come off as a b.itch, do forgive me. :)

-Oscar Wilde

#32 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

"Her rating improved because she has outside people twisting her arm up her back and forcing her to resolve the issues".-LOL ---:laugh: No doubt!! I thinks she's ditzy myself. With the hex thing, I thought you had mis-remembered due the fact that you are highly annoyed with her---it's a common thing to do. negative haloing, that sort of thing Hope I didn't offend you, not trying to.

It's cool. :biggrin:

#33 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

More than her action deserved according to what standard? Your opinion? Posted Image

(You're entitled to your opinion of course just seemed like you were outraged that others didn't share it, which I found odd.)

Lol! Well of course my opinion, what else would it be? :turned: No, not outraged. Just seemed like no one wanted to see the possibility that maybe she wasn't so bad after all. And please, emphasis on the *seemed*.

#34 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Oh no, I wasn't thinking you believed the OP didn't have a right to be angry. But it came off as "but she's trying so ease up" and I was just saying I wouldn't ease up until either my money was returned or she gave me the item I'd paid for - and the fact that she's obviously always done this would make me even more angry, regardless of what she's done to make it better. My point is it never should've gotten that bad in the first place. I'm also on the monthly so if I come off as a b.itch, do forgive me. :)

Oh God, no sweat! I'm there myself and having a bout of mild depression! And yes, I so agree with your main point. It should not have gotten to that point and I would also be relentless until I got my money or the product to my satisfaction. I'm not trying to contradict myself here---*sigh* Muddled R us.

#35 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Oh God, no sweat! I'm there myself and having a bout of mild depression! And yes, I so agree with your main point. It should not have gotten to that point and I would also be relentless until I got my money or the product to my satisfaction. I'm not trying to contradict myself here---*sigh* Muddled R us.

It's all good :) I understand where you're coming from also.
I spent half my life in a haze of Depression so I know how ya feel. I do hope you feel better soon!

-Oscar Wilde

#36 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Okais.......... lasso time ! LOL ! Taking the Thread back to the subject at hand, no offence intended. I believe that the advice given to our Peer, Wych Elm, is good and sound. She was given legal mundane advice, as well as Witch ways advice. It is up to her to do what she wants to do, how do we know that when we responded to her request that in the mundane aspect of this retrieval of her monies and/or her item, she didn't enchant/charm the dialouge when she posted her demands to the ditzy shop owner, or the BBB?

She is a Witch after all. There are many things to her disposal. She makes responsible choices just like the rest of us, because she wants an outcome.

I'll be waiting on the sidelines with :popcorn: curiously awaiting what Wych Elm's final outcome is, if she chooses to share.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#37 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Lol! Well of course my opinion, what else would it be? :turned: No, not outraged. Just seemed like no one wanted to see the possibility that maybe she wasn't so bad after all. And please, emphasis on the *seemed*.

What else indeed lol.. I just meant that if someone doesn't want to consider another's opinion, that's their perogative and getting worked up about it puzzled me. It's apparent from Wych Elm's later posts that she had her reasons for not accepting your opinion that 'maybe the seller wasn't so bad'.

Thanks for replying, I was curious. :)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#38 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Lynn, I don't think you're being ignored, it's just not that everyone's opinions perhaps don't line up with your own. She may have improved her BBB rating, but Wych still has't been remunerated nor received her items--after seven months!

It seems clear to me the woman is either a charlatan, or the worst wiccan ever. Witches don't go around screwing other witches, and she's hardly living up to her own spiritual standards, despite the fact that she seems to think she's hot enough shit to be selling her blog on ebay. She screwed enough people out of their money to earn herself an F with the BBB; that smacks of intent, I think. I'm not convinced that she even believes in the reality of magic, for I'd surely be fearing a curse, if I were her!

In my opinion, Wych Elm would be doing that woman a favor by sending her a wake-up call and motivating her to make things right with her customers, before someone else does the same, perhaps someone without any restraint.

Just my opinion, of course.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#39 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

I had this happen with something that I bought overseas years ago. Several months, no item, no refund. I finally contacted the company/person responsible and let them know that, at the time, I was also a business owner and I knew the channels to contact to get them in major shit with the BBB. I have no idea if the BBB works over seas but, I got my refund. :) Sometimes a good bluff is all it takes. With this chick though, it seems like you have already done that and its not worked, so definatey get crafty. I go by the rule that you don't fuck with my family, or my money, because my money feeds my family. I feel this is justified retailitation.

#40 Orchid Moon

Orchid Moon

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I had this happen with something that I bought overseas years ago. Several months, no item, no refund. I finally contacted the company/person responsible and let them know that, at the time, I was also a business owner and I knew the channels to contact to get them in major shit with the BBB. I have no idea if the BBB works over seas but, I got my refund. :) Sometimes a good bluff is all it takes. With this chick though, it seems like you have already done that and its not worked, so definatey get crafty. I go by the rule that you don't fuck with my family, or my money, because my money feeds my family. I feel this is justified retailitation

Here here WR, cutting through the ditzy parts and the 'trying to make things better' this seller hasn't just suddenly found she can't cope. This has obviously escalated to the point where she is completely unreliable and a money stealing fraud. If she was decent human being, she would have restricted her online activites to what she could efficiently manage. She is providing a paid for service that she KNOWS she can't provide and she is 'rubbing it in' by continuing to trade. People like this prosper because their customers usually give up and put the experience down to bad luck. Wych Elm, you have been more generous than I could be. I would have zapped her cheating arse by now. Not an instruction :cool_witch: just an opinion

Edited by Orchid Moon, 29 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

In Witchcraft, each of us must reveal our own truth