Photo
- - - - -

Dodgy seller

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm having trouble with an online seller who took my money in February and has failed to deliver, failed to reply to all but one e-mail and failed to refund me my money. I've since found out she has one star ratings from other buyers and a F rating on Better Business Bureau. She's renowned for this behaviour. The website is Mystic Convergence and the seller is Lori Ann Brown. It is a bit of a fluffy site but I was after something specific and she sold it far cheaper than other sites. Complaints against her are all for the same reason; failure to deliver or refund. I don't think she's malicious, she's more disorganised and dizzy. I'm in the process of filing a visa dispute. If I was the only one this had happened to I wouldn't be posting here, but I'm one of many she's duped out of money. She has quite a few different sites and describes herself as being all over the internet. I've certainly learned to check reviews BEFORE handing over my money.
Dance me through to the stillness, to the point where the motion begins. Dance me through to the silence, to the edge where the world begins. - Kathryn Price NicDhana

#2 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

eww... those lessons are so tough to learn. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I think you're on the right track to file a legit complaint and visa dispute. I would also secure my credit card, as if this seller may not have the scruples, to tap your card again. That would be most unfortunate.

Plus, personally... I think you're tooooo kind offering that she's ditzy and disorganized.... I've never referenced theives with such wordage, in my world. Since you've sited that this Seller has multiple businessess online and functioning as an owner. how can this be viewed as disorganized ? lol ! Since you're not the only one she has absconded with monies and non delivered items.

I'm sure you have all the proper paperwork on your end, to take care of this, you just need to be firm in your approach.

Good luck, Dear.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#3 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

I agree with CG, do not give this seller credit. She owes you the items or your money. She ran off with both!
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#4 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

She needs a dam good zap of something. (Just saying) ummmmwonder what we could come up with.

#5 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

The company is also on facebook. If you are on FB, I would also register a complaint there. I would also register a complaint with the company that owns the company (apparently this is just one of many they own, unless she is the owner of LAB) - by LAB Enterprises
PO Box 1773 - Sanford, FL 32772-1773 - USA</B>
US Toll Free: 877-822-3318 - 407-574-5327 - Email: LABEShops

I would also find out where the company is (she has to have a physical location somewhere) and register a complaint with the BBB and any other government dept. that looks after that sort of thing.

I see they say "We prosecute attempted fraud! All fraudulent orders are reported to the FBI Internet Fraud Division." maybe you should follow that up too with your own report to the fraud division.

Let her know of your intended actions to hit her in as many places so she knows you mean business,. That way, you might get what you ordered.

#6 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

The company is also on facebook. If you are on FB, I would also register a complaint there. I would also register a complaint with the company that owns the company (apparently this is just one of many they own, unless she is the owner of LAB) - by LAB Enterprises
PO Box 1773 - Sanford, FL 32772-1773 - USA</B>
US Toll Free: 877-822-3318 - 407-574-5327 - Email: LABEShops

I would also find out where the company is (she has to have a physical location somewhere) and register a complaint with the BBB and any other government dept. that looks after that sort of thing.

I see they say "We prosecute attempted fraud! All fraudulent orders are reported to the FBI Internet Fraud Division." maybe you should follow that up too with your own report to the fraud division.

Let her know of your intended actions to hit her in as many places so she knows you mean business,. That way, you might get what you ordered.

Check you out, you clever thing! Bam! Let her have some. Oh how delicious.

#7 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

You've been devilishly devious. Thank you. Just filed a complaint with BBB. The parent company is her. LABE - Lori Ann Brown Enterprise. LABE! Seriously, sounds like labia. I want to throw something nasty her way once I'm out the way. At the moment I just want the blood of her firstborn and to feed Miss Labia's entrails to my cats. And I've been wondering for a while whether I'm really comfortable with hexing. Guess that question's answered.
Dance me through to the stillness, to the point where the motion begins. Dance me through to the silence, to the edge where the world begins. - Kathryn Price NicDhana

#8 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

don't know if this would work most of the time.

But sometimes you can find out what company is hosting the website and complain about the fraud the website is doing. Some time the web hoster may pull the plug on that website.

#9 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

You've been devilishly devious. Thank you. Just filed a complaint with BBB. The parent company is her. LABE - Lori Ann Brown Enterprise. LABE! Seriously, sounds like labia. I want to throw something nasty her way once I'm out the way. At the moment I just want the blood of her firstborn and to feed Miss Labia's entrails to my cats. And I've been wondering for a
while whether I'm really comfortable with hexing. Guess that question's answered.

Miss labia,that's so funny. :roflhard:

#10 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

Sure hope it wasn't too much money---and that it works out getting it back. VISA is good at things; I've had to stop payment on something once myself. Also good work taking the time to follow up on filing reports on this jerk!!

Mayhap she's a faker wannabe? Then sick 'em!

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#11 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

She must have Labia to keep doing this (just a take off in reverse about what they usually say about men), LOL>

#12 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

She must have Labia to keep doing this (just a take off in reverse about what they usually say about men), LOL>

Lol

#13 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

I checked out some of her "businesses", and it looks like she has spread herself really really thin. Not an excuse for how badly she is running things; just an observation for the possible reason behind it.
'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

#14 seacow

seacow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

oh HEEEELL NO! Even though I made the mistake and googled the lady to learn that she's a geek (which always softens my heart) I'm glad you filed complaints! This shits happened to me so many times, I have zero tolerance for it. I don't care if it was just her mistake (come on though, February? that's ages ago!), or if her original intent was to steal, she still stole from you. She had committed to providing you and others with goods, in exchange of money, and she failed to do so for whatever reason.
I've been lucky enough that whenever something like this has happened, or looked like it was about to happen, I've always been paid back in full AND at times even received the items I was supposed to get. Getting my money back's enough for me though, although sometimes a small hex can do wonders to making me feel better AND I'm pretty sure that those idiots learn their lesson.

Glad you took action and I hope everything works out well for you!

#15 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Get her, hit her, kick her in the labia! lol

Seriously, people like that need their comeuppance.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#16 Wych Elm

Wych Elm

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

When I saw she was a trekkie and takes in stray cats I did soften. The I saw her bragging about herself being ruthless in marketing. Just found she's got a wiccan blog, Mystical Musings, and she sells subscriptions for it on Amazon. So I've done the decent thing and written a little review (on the UK site only). I don't think I can do reviews on the US one. She's just weird. In her blog she's describing how her cats have trashed her house, they've broken her statues and other items on her altars and she's in absolute chaos. She still thinks she can sell a blog teaching gullible people how to practice witchcraft. She's an idiot who's making a mockery of everything. Funnily enough her latest entry talks about how witches don't hex.

#17 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

When I saw she was a trekkie and takes in stray cats I did soften. The I saw her bragging about herself being ruthless in marketing. Just found she's got a wiccan blog, Mystical Musings, and she sells subscriptions for it on Amazon. So I've done the decent thing and written a little review (on the UK site only). I don't think I can do reviews on the US one. She's just weird. In her blog she's describing how her cats have trashed her house, they've broken her statues and other items on her altars and she's in absolute chaos. She still thinks she can sell a blog teaching gullible people how to practice witchcraft. She's an idiot who's making a mockery of everything. Funnily enough her latest entry talks about how witches don't hex.

Sells subscriptions for a blog on Amazon? For a blog????? Pfft. Oh send me a copy of your review and I'll get it to the US one! LOL! Witches don't hex eh? Can I go tell her different? Can I???:twisted_witch:

#18 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Well it looks like she has a B minus now at the BBB site. Seems she also took care of a lot of the complaints against her. She said Wiccan witches don't hex. This day and age i would think she was 98% right on that, with the harm none crede and all. I still think you are doing the right thing by filing a report and hopefully she'll take care of you like she did the others. :)

#19 Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch

Mistress of havok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

As a small business owner myself this pisses me off to no end when I hear of others doing things like this. Get her good, take her down and hex the yell out of her. If I have any issues with an order, I email the customer and work to rectify things, but with this one, it sounds like she's not the best business out there and it sounds deliberate with not delivering or refunding monies back. If I was closer to her, I would be setting up a meeting to "chat" with her. I can be very presuasive when I want to be.
Age does not bring with it wisdom. Wisdom comes with experience.

#20 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

I'm in the us and have no idea if you can do some of the same legal things we can oh and where is she ? If she is here ( obviously I should have looked this up lol) you can report her for theft to local law enforcment. I don't know why no one ever does this but trust be local police will take an interest. I have had to do this one time years ago to someone on eBay . I have no problem with hexes but hey IMO make her as misrable as possible until you ether get your stuff or your money.