Survivalist Spell Crafting

thevioletsunflower

Jevne shared an exercise she and her's have been up to, casting spells with only what is on hand in a given area, which gave me an idea for a little game we can all play to get the creative juices flowing.

Survivalist Spell Crafting

• I will list two items and the type of spell that needs to be cast at this very moment (ie: a cotton ball and poison ivy for a love spell).
  • The next poster comes up with how they will use those two items to tie into the intent and how they would go about executing the spell in a hurry. Do be detailed. Scylla gave a good example in chat of what she would do in this scenario- "Here I am, so soft and mild. But here I could be, mad and wild. Come to me and worry not. Stray to far and you'll be caught. Burn without me. Itch and twitch. Scratch and scrape, and never rest."
  • You are limited to those two items, fire (but not candles unless it is one of the items), water (but not a body of water, toilet, faucet, or the like. Just water), the wind, and ground/dirt.
  • Don't forget- you have to tie those items into your intent. Saying something like "I will burn them in offering for love" or what have you won't fly.
  • After you are done detailing how you will use the items and what the spell will look like you then will throw out two items and the type of spell to be cast for the next person to answer (another example- a pickle and a hammer for a long distance healing).

In other words we are going to experiment with MacGyver witchery. ;)

This game is all in fun. We all know that one could just use their intent or what have you but for the sake of the game, for the fun of it and the purpose of a creative exercise, we are going to pretend that such a scenario is plausible. Don't forget to be specific, not to add anything to it like scissors for cutting or a gemstone or anything other than what has been offered and listed, and don't take it all too seriously. :D

To start with...

You have a crow feather and a disposable sandwich bag for a land fertility working. What do you do?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michele

• Jevne

• Whiterose

• Athena

Perform outside. Take the crow feather and shred it in to smaller peices. Put peices in to baggie and blow it up with air and tie so it looks like a seed pod balloon. As you fill with air vizualise creative energy filling the baggie with every breath till its about to burst. Then hold baggie in one hand, and POP the bag with the other and the let the feather peices fly on the 4 winds.

Chant:

"Fly, fly, fly away, find a home to rest and stay. Grow, grow, fast and strong, listen now and heed my song."

Next challenge: You only have a friendship bracelet and grass for a protection spell.

You only have a friendship bracelet and grass for a protection spell.

Imbue the friendship bracelet with the energy of the person/place/object you wish to protect by holding it in your hands and visualizing that person/place/object, "feeling" its presence filling it. Dig a small hole in the ground and burry the bracelet. Next, sprinkle the grass over it while saying "Out of sight, hidden, blanketed and safe. Warm and snug and out of harms way." again and again until satisfied. Try and make the grass covering look as natural as possible to throw anyone off who may attempt to disturb it out of curiosity or otherwise.

You have an ace of diamonds card and a tube of red lipstick for a prosperity spell.

You have an ace of diamonds card and a tube of red lipstick for a prosperity spell.

Oooh, I love me some red lippie...

First, I would draw a dollar sign with an X over it on the card visualizing that represented some lack of money/money troubles I've been having. Then, I would burn the card to ash. (BIG fire good. ;) ) Finally I would take the ashes and toss them into the wind and and would recite "as these ashes ride this wind, all my money problems are now at an end" three times (cause I like three and it feels right, darn it.)

Next: You have a dry erase marker and paper towel for a healing spell.

Edited by Alienor Bel

Next: You have a dry erase marker and paper towel for a healing spell.

Draw on the paper towel a likeness of the individual with a name and circle what needs to be healed. Make little lines to represent energy going in to heal. Sit and meditate on the picture with the image of the person in your head. Translate the 2-D image on the paper to the live action film in your head and "make" the positive energy go in and the negative drain out. No chanting needed. Do this a few times a day until you do not feel the need anymore. Bury the paper at the foot of a tree and kindly ask the tree to lend its energy to the working and the recycle the paper.

Next challenge: You have cookies and a hair tie and you need to cast a banishment fast!

Next challenge: You have cookies and a hair tie and you need to cast a banishment fast!

If you had a ginger bread cookie you could charge it with a bit of your aggressors belongings. then take the hair tie and charge it with a feeling of crazed panic.

tie the cord around the victims neck and chat:

as this band chokes this image so shall fear coke (N).

tie the band around the image then chant:

Begone and gone trice and beware,

fear and ruin your life will be,

so long as you stay near me,

run far the safer away,

don't ever come back to ruin my day.

visualize your aggressor running away from you bewildered, frantic and frenzied. Keep the image in a dark secret place near where you sleep at night.

You could also do a mock funeral/binding spell, you could bury the cookie in a cardboard coffin and conduct a funeral then tie the band around coffin before burial.

Next : an egg and a pencil love spell.

Edited by Panis

Egg and pencil love spell:

I would eat the egg and I would twist my hair up on top of my head and stick the pencil through it to hold it in place and out of my eyes. Next I would take my finger and draw a goblin's cross in the dust on the floor (or dirt of the forest... depends where I was standing) and stand in the center. I would use dust on my finger to draw gebo and wunjo bind-rune on my body and I would invoke the staves. I would then state my name and my purpose along the hex-threads. Hehehe :-)

Next one: You have a blanket and a cigarette (no lighter) and you need illumination regarding an emergency situation.

M

Egg and pencil love spell:

I would eat the egg and I would twist my hair up on top of my head and stick the pencil through it to hold it in place and out of my eyes. Next I would take my finger and draw a goblin's cross in the dust on the floor (or dirt of the forest... depends where I was standing) and stand in the center. I would use dust on my finger to draw gebo and wunjo bind-rune on my body and I would invoke the staves. I would then state my name and my purpose along the hex-threads. Hehehe :-)

Next one: You have a blanket and a cigarette (no lighter) and you need illumination regarding an emergency situation.

M

I'm confused- how did you use the egg or pencil in direct relation with the spell?

You have a blanket and a cigarette (no lighter) and you need illumination regarding an emergency situation.

M

I would lay the blanket by the fire and sit on it with my bare feet on the earth. Then I would use the water to clean my hands, feet and face and sprinkle it round. I would draw energy from the earth to make me receptive and call the wind. I would listen to what the wind tells me about the emergency situation. Then as I sit and ponder how to deal with it, I would smoke the cigarette! As a thank you to the four elements for my illumination I would sing a chant to them.

You have an apple and a red ribbon to do a prosperity spell.

You have an apple and a red ribbon to do a prosperity spell.

I would cut the apple in half using my pocket knife and sit and meditate on the shape of the pentacle inside the apple. One pentacle in the tarot is the ace of pentacles which to me speaks of finacial weath and all around prosperity, health and happiness. I would make a bracelet out of the ribbon which is the same color as the apple, so as to keep my mind on working towards my goal in a mundane sense as well. I would eat the apple and plant the apple seeds while thinking on my intent. Since prosperity is long term I would make tending the trees a daily ritual and hopefully prosperity will grow with the trees.

Next challenge:

You have a pen and a peice of wood to do a curse.

Next challenge:

You have a pen and a peice of wood to do a curse.

In a cemetery. I would scratch into the wood with the tip of the pen the persons name. And then write upon the the wood a spelled chant:

Here upon the ground

Of death

I curse you now

Until my last

Breathe

No peace, no love,

No joy to be found

Not even when you are

Planted deep beneath the ground.

Then I would bury the wood on top of a grave asking the spirits to help aid my curse and wishes.

Then I would charm the pen with:

I spit upon this instrument

Of creation

You touch this pen

And begin your own

Devestation.

Then I would let the pen dry. Present the pen and a card to the intended and ask them to sign it for a friend in common.

Next challenge:

You have a paper plate and an acorn for a lust spell.

You have a paper plate and an acorn for a lust spell.

I would shape the plate into an effigy, scratching the name of the target on the effigy with the acorn.

I would then place the acorn on the area of the heart on the effigy and place the hands of the effigy over the acorn and bury it...

As the acorn starts to sprout and grow, so will the lust of the target...

You have a piece of paper and a snake skin for a fair weather spell...

I would shred the snake skin as I imagined fair weather for however long I needed it to be, I would anoint it with some spit thus tying the spell to me and adding some person energy. I would then wrap the snake skin in the paper and bury it within the earth asking for as long as the paper and snake skin remain.

Next: You have twine and an orange for a luck spell.

I would shred the snake skin as I imagined fair weather for however long I needed it to be, I would anoint it with some spit thus tying the spell to me and adding some person energy. I would then wrap the snake skin in the paper and bury it within the earth asking for as long as the paper and snake skin remain.

Next: You have twine and an orange for a luck spell.

I would separate the orange peel (bitter) from the orange segments (sweet). I would concentrate on the peel representing bitter luck and the orange sengments representing sweet (good) luck. I would mix them up in a bowl, representing the mixed lot in life. Then, I would gather the peel pieces and tie them with twine. I'd eat the orange segments, and "absorb" the good luck. Then I'd dry the orange peel and burn it to represent erasing bad luck.

You have only kindling and tape for a love spell.

(assuming there are several pieces of the kindling...)

I would take a piece of kindling and scratch the words of the love spell and names of the lovers into the sticky part of the tape. Designate two more pieces of kindling as poppets of the lovers. Wrap the tape with the words of the spell scratched into it around the two poppet pieces, and then use a couple more pieces of the kindling to rub on the tape around the poppets to create friction and heat between the two. I would then secure the taped together poppets in a high tree branch with more tape and call on the elements to feed the spell with their primal energy.

Transparently drawn together

Held with no force ever

Fed by the wind and the weather

(assuming there are several pieces of the kindling...)

I would take a piece of kindling and scratch the words of the love spell and names of the lovers into the sticky part of the tape. Designate two more pieces of kindling as poppets of the lovers. Wrap the tape with the words of the spell scratched into it around the two poppet pieces, and then use a couple more pieces of the kindling to rub on the tape around the poppets to create friction and heat between the two. I would then secure the taped together poppets in a high tree branch with more tape and call on the elements to feed the spell with their primal energy.

Transparently drawn together

Held with no force ever

Fed by the wind and the weather

psst...You need to give two items and a spell type for the next person.

I would separate the orange peel (bitter) from the orange segments (sweet). I would concentrate on the peel representing bitter luck and the orange sengments representing sweet (good) luck. I would mix them up in a bowl, representing the mixed lot in life. Then, I would gather the peel pieces and tie them with twine. I'd eat the orange segments, and "absorb" the good luck. Then I'd dry the orange peel and burn it to represent erasing bad luck.

Bowl? What bowl?

psst...You need to give two items and a spell type for the next person.

Whoops!

You have dandelions and spider web for a hex.

Whoops!

You have dandelions and spider web for a hex.

I would invoke the dandelion as an ally, to "loosen" or relax the mind of the victim so they are open, and to give me access to their subcomscious and dreams. I do not know the type of web I have - is it from a venomous spider? I would use the web to weave into the dreams and psychie of the individual accessed by the invocation of the dandilion, and stated loudly along the hex-threads in a desolate and "swampish" place -

Herb of sun and Summer's grace

Brings to you dreams to fill that space

A web that's stuck with ill intent

Until the sun seems to be spent.

The mare that rides upon the moors

Delivers to your psychie's shores

A tangled mass of doubt and fear

No peace in sleep, no saviour near

Until this debt has been repaid

And retribution has been made.

I am _________________

Know who I am and know who stands with me.

M

Oh - ummmm... a cup of coffee and rue leaf to bring about peaceful communicatioin...

I would invoke the dandelion as an ally, to "loosen" or relax the mind of the victim so they are open, and to give me access to their subcomscious and dreams. I do not know the type of web I have - is it from a venomous spider? I would use the web to weave into the dreams and psychie of the individual accessed by the invocation of the dandilion, and stated loudly along the hex-threads in a desolate and "swampish" place -

Herb of sun and Summer's grace

Brings to you dreams to fill that space

A web that's stuck with ill intent

Until the sun seems to be spent.

The mare that rides upon the moors

Delivers to your psychie's shores

A tangled mass of doubt and fear

No peace in sleep, no saviour near

Until this debt has been repaid

And retribution has been made.

I am _________________

Know who I am and know who stands with me.

M

Oh - ummmm... a cup of coffee and rue leaf to bring about peaceful communicatioin...

I'm gonna write this one down I have ton of black widow webs that I want to harvest.

I'm gonna write this one down I have ton of black widow webs that I want to harvest.

Wouldn't it be better to ASK to write it down? I don't know about anyone else, but these are spells we are making up on the fly and I would think the proper thing would be to ask permission to use a spell as most of the people on here do not post spells.

I would invite the person I needed to communicate with over for some coffee. I would have the rue burning as incense to keep away negative influeneces as we worked out our issues over the coffee.

Next challenge:

You have morning glories and a necklace to build a charm against intrusion.

I would have the morning glories growing on my porches. They are quite protective, and are sometimes called bind. The seeds have their own properties which I think refer to "threshold" and I think the plant is overall a good ward for a liminal space like my front door.

The kind of necklace is not stated, but I have many necklaces and most have some sort of "charm" to them with different properties. But even a simple metal chain, I would charge with protection. Chains themselves have the association of protection and locking something up so it will serve as personal protection from intrusion upon my person.

Ball of red yarn and a silver spoon for attracting a muse to you.

Wouldn't it be better to ASK to write it down? I don't know about anyone else, but these are spells we are making up on the fly and I would think the proper thing would be to ask permission to use a spell as most of the people on here do not post spells.

Small Detour:

For the sake of clarification, Marabet intended this as a game to get people thinking creatively. Some of the combinations and responses show it is working like a charm. I love all the wonderful interactions. Great idea, Marabet.

BUT . . .

The real 'game' on which the idea was originally based is much more involved and has more rules and expectations. Some of the combinations and methods being presented here should not be attempted without more careful consideration of the factors. For example, inexperienced individuals would, of course, not attempt a hex "on the fly".

I thought this was worth mentioning again for those newbies, who 'may' be secretly jotting down every word. Not pointing at anyone; just saying . . .

I thought this was worth mentioning again for those newbies, who 'may' be secretly jotting down every word. Not pointing at anyone; just saying . . .

I do believe yourself and Whiterose are correct.