Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michele

"A Modern Herbal" by Mrs. Grieve

I have recently bought this book. Wonderful book - it gives descriptions, folknames, folklore (which to me is very important), recipes, medicinal uses, and chemical makeup. Wonderful very big and thorough book.

M

M,

I wrote a review of it on my blog awhile back; it can be read here.

Fantastic blog, M.Witch. I'll have to search for these in book form, as I'm a paper person, and love to sprawl out with a good teaching book and compare the knowledge. Thanks for the endorsement of these particular goodies.:cheers:

Regards,

Gypsy

Fantastic blog, M.Witch. I'll have to search for these in book form, as I'm a paper person, and love to sprawl out with a good teaching book and compare the knowledge. Thanks for the endorsement of these particular goodies.:cheers:

Regards,

Gypsy

CG, as long as you're not averse to ordering from Amazon, you can go to my Recommended Reading page & it'll take you directly to the appropriate page on Amazon. (2nd from the top of my recommendations.)

Can do M.Witch, thank you. Probably sounds a bit flakey but I'm of a mindset that, sometimes when technologies fail, at least I can read a book by candle light. Call me old fashioned.......... LoL !

Regards,

Gypsy

M,

I wrote a review of it on my blog awhile back; it can be read here.

Oh - thank you!

M

Call me old fashioned.......... LoL !

Regards,

Gypsy

From one old-fashioned crone to another ... I like paper & ink, too!

I also recently bought this - I had an old old copy but the front part was missing now I have a lovely hardcover version. It really is fantastic, the information in it is very detailed and extra interesting. I've only started looking over it but I like what I see so far!

This was one of the first herb books I ever got.... decades ago.

I have at least 100 now (I'm afraid to count them: reality might strike :) ) but I still take her's out more often then not when I'm researching something.

It's a must have IMO.