strawberry wine

emily

2lb strawberries 8oz castor sugar I bottle white wine

Place alternate layers of strawberries and sugar into a clean large jar,filling it to the top.

Pour the wine slowly over the fruit,making sure there's no air bubbles, between layers.

Seal tight and put it away in a cool dry place 4 around 6 wks.

Then strain into sterilised bottle

Interesting! I wish I had known this a couple weeks ago when I had that huge bucket of strawberries.... :P

OoOohh, I will definately try this, our strawberry patch is producing now. Just another lovely to add to the list.

1. Jam

2. Margarita's

3. Aurora's Strawberry Wine.

~ smacks lips ~

Regards,

Gypsy

OoOohh, I will definately try this, our strawberry patch is producing now. Just another lovely to add to the list.

1. Jam

2. Margarita's

3. Aurora's Strawberry Wine.

~ smacks lips ~

Regards,

Gypsy

4. Pina Colada

Set aside a batch, thanks for posting the recipe, I used sweet white wine and a lot less sugar, figured I can always add more sugar later.

post-180-0-83456800-1339222546_thumb.jpg

Oh Sara, those are beautiful ! Thanks for the picture, Himself was looking at this and told me to get out and start picking ! LoL !

You know I was pondering the "putting away time " as Aurora suggested, Seal tight and put it away in a cool dry place 4 around 6 wks.

This isn't a " canning " type seal is it ?? I don't think so, it's just seal your jar tight while the berries and wine are infusing, yes ?

I think it would be something fun to brood over during a Moon phase, too !

Regards,

Gypsy

Oh Sara, those are beautiful ! Thanks for the picture, Himself was looking at this and told me to get out and start picking ! LoL !

You know I was pondering the "putting away time " as Aurora suggested, Seal tight and put it away in a cool dry place 4 around 6 wks.

This isn't a " canning " type seal is it ?? I don't think so, it's just seal your jar tight while the berries and wine are infusing, yes ?

Regards,

Gypsy

Yes, thats right, just screwed those lids on really tight. Those are repurposed glass peanutbutter jars. Really big wide mouthed ones. This will alas only make a bottle of wine.

But it takes a lot of strawberries and gets very expensive to brew a gallon or even five gallons of strawberry wine! (5 lbs per gallon!) I am going to stick to huckleberry and blackberry which I can get for free and apple cider and plum wines when the fruits are about sixty cents a pound.

Regards,

Gypsy

Set aside a batch, thanks for posting the recipe, I used sweet white wine and a lot less sugar, figured I can always add more sugar later.

Wow S,well done.that's just exactly how they should look.Good idea about the other fruits, it can be costly with wine,its just a once in a while with friends. Gallons of it lol,had a visual of you on a production line sweating away, to funny.

Wow S,well done.that's just exactly how they should look.Good idea about the other fruits, it can be costly with wine,its just a once in a while with friends. Gallons of it lol,had a visual of you on a production line sweating away, to funny.

My beloved husband gave me a six gallon carboy for my birthday. Gotsa fill it up with booze makings!

• 3 weeks later...

Mine looked good to go after only four weeks. It is bottled and in the fridge, should be pleasant 4th of July treat. Also I did a u-pick of strawberries a dollar a pound, so I did make some country wine. Next up is Huckleberry and then Blackberry.

OMG thanks for the reminder Sara, I've got mine down in the pantry ! It won't be ready untill the 23rd of July. You'll have to let us know how yours turned out.

Regards,

Gypsy

P.S> When mines ready, I'll let you know what I thought of it .

This recipe would work with any kind of berry, right? I love the thought of the strawberry wine but I have some raspberries and blackberries I need to use up and this would be a great way to do it.

Now to hunt down some jars...