Sign in to follow this  
Evergreen47

Black Phoenix Alchemy

I'm a big fan of scents, so I thought I would share on of my favorite perfumeries. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab makes some lovely and unique perfumes. Some may think they're pricey, but I've found that the perfumes are superb quality.

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com

I LOVE the Antique Lace perfume! (Currently out of stock... confused.gif) The Countenance of Imposing Evil scent is lovely as well. OH! And Jareth! (Scent inspired by the movie Labyrinth!) BPAL makes all their own essential oils and hand blends their perfumes. They are wonderful. biggrin2.gif

Edited by Evergreen47
  • Upvote 1

Oh nice, thank you Evergreen. I wonder if these can be incorporated into a lotion. Being of a "certain " age, perfumes really dry out my skin, and I didn't find a search feature to steer me in the right direction. I think one could use these in a handmade lotion or cream, a bit pricey yes, but .... wouldn't it go a bit farther in a cream or lotion ?

Regards,

Gypsy

Oh nice, thank you Evergreen. I wonder if these can be incorporated into a lotion. Being of a "certain " age, perfumes really dry out my skin, and I didn't find a search feature to steer me in the right direction. I think one could use these in a handmade lotion or cream, a bit pricey yes, but .... wouldn't it go a bit farther in a cream or lotion ?

Regards,

Gypsy

Well, these are perfume oil blends, not the standard eau de toilette or cologne, so I would imagine you could mix with a base lotion yourself.... I'd actually never thought of it, and I will have to try!

Another thing I forgot to mention, you can buy sample sizes. They are called Imps Ears, and you can mix and match any of the normal scents (not the special editions or limited editions). They come in the small glass tubes that department stores hand out, and you can choose up to six scents for $22. That's helpful when you're trying to find the one that's right for you.

A liberal blend of Thanatopsis and Dee was my favorite perfume for MANY years.

A friend had given me some "Imps" - the two of those probably lasted me five years.

I believe I'll get myself some 5mls for my birthday...

Thank you, I'm still in wanting to make a Lotion Bar from Freki's recipe, I may have to get some of these samples, just to try.

Regards,

Gypsy

Smelly stuff is always something I want to treat myself to. biggrin.gif I like the Blood Countess and Snake Oil, too.

OH MY GOD They finally accept international orders now! They didn't used to, which really used to piss me off.

The only problem is I dislike buying things like this because I prefer to actually smell them first. I suppose the logical soloution is to go for the imps, but the selection doesn't cover quite a large range of their stuff which again, is annoying.

Still on the fence about buying from them...

I'm not a perfume wearer, but these names and themes are making me want to try some.

The descriptions are absolutely beautiful and do make them sound tempting I must admit, but still Listing what's in it is all well and good, that doesn't mean I'm going to like the combined smell !!

The descriptions are absolutely beautiful and do make them sound tempting I must admit, but still Listing what's in it is all well and good, that doesn't mean I'm going to like the combined smell !!

Haha! So true. Some of the scent combos are quite... entertaining. "Hellboy" for example: aftershave, candy wrappers, brimstone and cat. It could all hinge on what end of the cat they used! ;) But I'm still curious as hell. I'll order samples at some point, I'm sure!

I really like BPAL, but sadly, just because I like the description, doesn't mean they won't turn to pot once they've been on my skin.

The thing with the perfume oils is that they change depending on your skin chemistry, or whatever. So I may like it in the imp, but then it smells like old lady or baby powder once it has dried down on my skin. On the other hand, one of my favorite scents, Black Forest, smells like pinsol (sp) in the imp, and fresh on my skin, but once it has dried down, it smells amazing.

A tip, buy imps on eBay if you don't know what scents you like. You won't get access to everything, but you can get a large order of imps, for a fraction of the price, and you may find a scent you like, that you wouldn't have otherwise ordered.

Edited by Noni Isha

I did check out their site a few years ago, and I must say, I was sucked in by the descriptions of their oils. Since I wasn't going to blow serious $$ on something I hadn't even smelled, I headed over to ebay and bought a whole bunch of imps. I thought these will be my answer to the search for the ultimate scent I love! People are fanatical about BPAL, and their are some crazy expensive collectors oils and everything. So, they must smell great! Wrong. Alas, every single one smelled like a combo of the cheapy annointing oils I used to get from the neighborhood Botanica and the head shop I used to buy my incense from! Haha! It could of course have to do with my body chemistry, picky sense of smell, etc. I was extremely disappointed. Let me just say this is my personal opinion, and I think everyone should give these oils a try. They are a bit pricey for oil, but are alot cheaper than the niche perfume I love.

I am addicted to BPAL.

I'm one of those people that wants their own "signature" scent, but there are soo many I love. I must say the only one I have a bottle of is Snake Oil. It makes me feel incredibly sexy and powerful when I wear it. I just MIGHT have to order some more imps now that this topic is brought up.... *looks for credit card*

Edited by Alienor Bel

Ok well, I just won a lot of 45 Imps on ebay. Some are decants, a few discontinued scents, and a bunch of others plus a few from some other similar style companies .

All for about £30 inc postage.

I reckon that's a pretty good deal and a good way to see if I like a wide range of scents from them, without having to fork out a ton of money.

A pack of six imps from BPAL's official site, would be about £15-17 ish. I'm getting 7 times as many for only around twice that. Bargain methinks! :witch_bounce:

This is the list of the imps I'll recieve :

Limited Edition/Umimpable Decants:

#occupywallstreet

Ae. Aegypti

Blue Morpho

Boomslang

Lamia

Luxuria (BPTP bath oil)

Midnight Kiss

Mourning Lace

Sentimental Initiation

Spicebush Swallowtail

Strawberry Moon 2012

Tanuki no Hikifune

Tanuki no Yudachi

Witchblade

Zebra Heliconian

General Catalogue and Discontinued GCs:

Alice’s Evidence

Brisingamen

Depraved

Dragon’s Musk

Hollywood Babylon

Intrigue

Kurukulla

La Belle Au Bois Dormant

London

Prurience

Rage (discon.)

RPG: Ranger

Temple of Dreams

Thaleia (discon.

The Lights of Men’s Lives

The Music of Erich Zahn (discon.)

The Robotic Scarab

Tisiphone

Wings of Azrael

BPAL sniffies (approx. 25% full):

Chanukkiyah 2011

Ecstatic Revelry

Mischievous Spirit

Morgause

Other Companies:

Bijou (Violette Market)

Dragon’s Blood (Solstice Scents)

Eve (Possets)

Forest Gathering (Woobie)

Hyde Park (Possets)

Midnight Storm (Woobie)

Oisin (Violette Market)

Edited by Honeythorn

Good deal Honeythorn! And the ones you don't like, you can always put back up on ebay. If you come across one that smells like a catholic church-(think Avignon, or Etro Messe de Minuit if you've ever smelled) please let me know-I wouldn't be against trying again! Happy smelling!

I am wearing Brown Jenkins right now. I love Lovecraft and the story Dreams in the Witch House of which brown Jenkins is the witches familiar rat with a mans face and beard.

I love it in the bottle. On it starts out nice and dark almost musty/acrid but with a nice sweet undertone so you don't smell totally like an old closed up attic. But Now that it is dried and changing on my skin it's a very sweet incensey scent. Which is noted in the scents description of having an incense scent of old forgotten rituals. But this is a little strong. And its all I smell.

I will try it a few more times. But it may be gifted inthe future.

I also received a bunch of samples. I don't remember every name that I bought but the ones I remember are:

Seance

Ouija

Antony

Black annis

Blood kiss

Hymn (supposed to smell like a catholic church)

Phantasm

Zombi (which has an overscent of dirt immediately out of the bottle)

I received 4 more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Hopefully I can find a favorite scent out of these! If not there's a shit ton more to sample!

I love BPAL! My 'signature scent' would be their annual Yule collection's Rose Red - best rose ever. I like the grassy scents and amber scents, not so big on musk at all. One of my favorites is an old limited edition that smells like grass and dandelions - I don't wear it often, but it never fails to brighten my mood. It's true that body chemistry plays a massive part in their perfume - anything that smells like food turns wretched on me.

And then there are the awesome scents that smell super good but fade quickly - I have a scent locket for those when the mood strikes me. :)

I also love their magical blends - the Twilight Alchemy Lab oils. White Light smells amazing and helps calm my brain down at the end of the day.

This is a beautiful shop! I love the aesthetic of the storefront, as well as the lovely names and stories behind the scents. Thank you for sharing, I plan on ordering many of the "Imp" bottle sizes so I can see what scents I like best.

Bumping this ancient topic because I LOVE BPAL! So excited to see it here! I have a pentagram scent locket that I use BPAL oils in on the daily, it is a little bit of magic I can hold & huff all day! Today's scent is Ventriloquist's Dummy; a cheeky sweet wood scent.

Delirium, Kitsune-Tsuki, and Cthulhu. The scents a girl needs to get through life. 

The only BPAL I've used is Coyote, which is delightfully woodsy and musky.

Reading over this thread makes me want to pick up more.

Sign in to follow this