• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 aefre

aefre

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:14 PM

This is a basic question so I thought I'd post it here. Straight to the point. I don't understand the basics of binding spells, although I'm wondering now if I have actually done one and not realised it was a binding spell. From what I've managed to read it comes across that you bind somebody to yourself and then you have to deal with it at a later date. That's all I seem to be able to find out. If you've got someone who is causing you trouble why would you bind them to you. What is that something else you have to do later? Or have I just read rubbish stuff?

Hello WE,

In my world, a binding spell is not to bind somebody to you, but to bind them!  That is, to tie them up so that they cannot do any harm to you or anybody else.

If someone else is doing you harm, you need to stop them. 

You can make a poppet (a doll) of them and literally bind it, tie the damn thing up with string and stop it inflicting anymore harm on you and yours.

Hope this helps?..

Be nice or go away!

#82 Nera

Nera

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

... or write the target's name on a piece of paper (with some sigils, a circle, pentagram, whatever you feel is right) or his/her picture, put it in a bowl with water and put it in the freezer. It works wonderfuly.

"There are some who may seem -seem not- as others seem,

who walk life's ragged mile

hid' beneath Man's common guise.

Yet such are they that seem by day,

who walk abroad by night."

#83 odalibuc

odalibuc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

I recently did a binding that I hadn't considered as something that could even happen. My friend recently had difficulty moving around. It wasn't that there was a problem with his brain or limbs; his soul and body just didn't sync up properly. So I used embroidery thread to make a pair of braided bracelets, one of which could also be an anklet. The purpose was to bind the soul and body more tightly together so he could move around better. It works, especially since I linked it directly to his energy to charge it.

#84 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Bumping.

#85 Holdasown

Holdasown

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

I believe there's another thread here that refers to "flushing down the toilet like the piece of shit they are" type of workings. Try the search feature for it. It all depends on the type of working you're doing. If it's something you would need to maintain, you might not want to do that. Also, you don't want to trash your plumbing. Certain things could call for that, I would think. lol

I love the idea of pissing on it before you flush. I can think of situations where binding a child would be necessary since I have a 12 year old who is autistic. They can be absconders, even with safety measures. Some magical help wouldn't be out of line. Interesting ideas in here. I have put my bindings in boxes with protection runes on them too. 

#86 BeanSiFiain

BeanSiFiain

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

im reading around looking for an answer to a dilemma. and the more I read, the more options I come up with. so forgive me if I go just a little bit off topic, and please feel free to redirect me to a more appropriate thread, if youre aware of one. C: I am open to suggestions and criticism. 

ok so I have a long time friend that I am just done with. we have been friends for over a decade now, but I lately I have been coming to realize that our relationship seems to mean something different to each of us, and that my friend is not what I have believed them to be this whole time. I have made my decision to cut ties with them. and so I am of a mind that at the very least I should cut the etheric cord that runs between the two of us. so far so good?

but I am not the passive, good enough, no flare type of gal. its just not enough to quench me. they are a harm to their self, and to those closest to them, and those unfortunate enough to pass just a little too closely. not a psychokiller, but just a mess of trouble. so it occurred to me that some spellwork or other might be in order. initially my thoughts went to some kind of binding. now, I am comfortable enough to preform a binding spell. im barely a novice, perhaps an amateur witch, but I've a clear idea of this manner of work, I think. and please do correct me if you feel im wrong. 

my hinderance is frankly that I feel that a binding spell may not be enough. perhaps even if I am right in thinking so, I should start with the binding anyhow, and if it turns out not to be enough, I pursue some curse or other in the event that the binding fails. or perhaps, since id rather not have to keep tabs on them, I should engage the binding within some hex? has anyone explored such an idea, using binding within some other spellwork? If you've experience with such a thing, is there anything you might want to share? 

Braggart by nature,    just like nature..

#87 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Lazy witch

• Moderators
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

Why bind if you need to cut? Do you understand what binding does?

RSKHFMY

#88 BlackbirdSong

BlackbirdSong

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

BeanSiFiain, you might be interested in the Walnut Bath posted in the 'Love is not Enough' thread? 

Personally, I feel that if you've cut ties magically and physically (in the sense of cutting them out of your life) then there is no need to bind them. It depends on what sort of thing you're dealing with, but in my experience people need to work things out for themselves. I'd be concerned that if you performed a binding, it may actually stop her from reaching a point where she realises she's a 'mess' and decides to seek help/make changes. It's difficult to say, as I'm not sure what exactly you want to bind? Obviously an aspect of her behaviour, but it depends on what it is as to what is appropriate. Obviously, it differs with everyone as everyone has different ethics, but weighing up the pros and cons is important. What kind of hex or curse are you considering? Have you talked anything through with her? What's her response been like?

For me to bind someone, they need to be a big issue. If I'd cut them out already, it really depends on what the behaviour is as to whether I'd do it. Using a poppet as Aefre mentions above can be a great one, (loving the freezer idea as well from Nera, saved that in mind for later). Was a poppet your thought, or did you have something else in mind? I have made poppets with emphasised parts eg. lips to bind words, and those have worked well, or similarly something which represented the behaviour I wanted to bind along with something of their's (nail/hair etc) wrapped tightly in a net. A friend of mine nailed cloth to wood as part of a binding, which could easily be altered to bind to an area by nailing to a map. Cursing someone I don't do lightly, for a novice, I wouldn't personally recommend it until they felt comfortable understanding possible repercussions for themselves from all angles. I also recommend waiting - we can make decisions in the heat of the moment that we come to really regret; that said it depends on what's been done. If someone had been hurting my child and I found out, I'd want the heat of that moment to fuel the curse, but if they've simply hurt or deceived me I'm more likely to wait and think about whether it's something I truly want to do.

Agree about cutting the cord, if you feel you need to. Hope something in this is helpful.

#89 Onyx

Onyx

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Here is a simple binding. Take a photo of the intended victim, roll it up and wind a ribbon around the photo saying "I bind you, (Name) from doing harm to yourself and harm to others."
Keep saying this until you have come to the end of the ribbon and tied it tightly in a knot. Keep it in a safe place where it will not be disturbed. True it takes energy to keep it going but if you really don't like the person, that should not be a problem.
This can be reversed whenever you want.

#90 Duchess

Duchess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:44 AM

You cannot simultaneously cut the cord with someone and then bind them from acting; one negates the other. However, you also say she’s “not a psychokiller” but admit you want to “quench” something. If you’re after revenge, cutting the cord is definitely not going to work.

#91 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:10 PM

What Duchess and Ravenshaw said.

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#92 BeanSiFiain

BeanSiFiain

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

thank you all for your replies. I will consider your advisements before taking any action. 

BeanSiFiain, you might be interested in the Walnut Bath posted in the 'Love is not Enough' thread? 

Personally, I feel that if you've cut ties magically and physically (in the sense of cutting them out of your life) then there is no need to bind them. It depends on what sort of thing you're dealing with, but in my experience people need to work things out for themselves. I'd be concerned that if you performed a binding, it may actually stop her from reaching a point where she realises she's a 'mess' and decides to seek help/make changes. It's difficult to say, as I'm not sure what exactly you want to bind? Obviously an aspect of her behaviour, but it depends on what it is as to what is appropriate. Obviously, it differs with everyone as everyone has different ethics, but weighing up the pros and cons is important. What kind of hex or curse are you considering? Have you talked anything through with her? What's her response been like?

For me to bind someone, they need to be a big issue. If I'd cut them out already, it really depends on what the behaviour is as to whether I'd do it. Using a poppet as Aefre mentions above can be a great one, (loving the freezer idea as well from Nera, saved that in mind for later). Was a poppet your thought, or did you have something else in mind? I have made poppets with emphasised parts eg. lips to bind words, and those have worked well, or similarly something which represented the behaviour I wanted to bind along with something of their's (nail/hair etc) wrapped tightly in a net. A friend of mine nailed cloth to wood as part of a binding, which could easily be altered to bind to an area by nailing to a map. Cursing someone I don't do lightly, for a novice, I wouldn't personally recommend it until they felt comfortable understanding possible repercussions for themselves from all angles. I also recommend waiting - we can make decisions in the heat of the moment that we come to really regret; that said it depends on what's been done. If someone had been hurting my child and I found out, I'd want the heat of that moment to fuel the curse, but if they've simply hurt or deceived me I'm more likely to wait and think about whether it's something I truly want to do.

Agree about cutting the cord, if you feel you need to. Hope something in this is helpful.

ive had some small time to chew on this. my initial idea with a curse (which I have left on the back burner for now) was influenced by the tradition of leaving an undoing in it. in the tradition ive been studying, it is commonplace to include a 'way out' for the subject. for instance, some beneficent act by the target, that breaks the curse. 

in fact, yes, a poppet was what I was looking to use to bind them from particular behaviors. I have pretty full idea of how id go about it.

first, though, Im going to look for the thread you suggested. thank you.

this isn't about my child, nor is it about any filthy acts against a child, thankfully enough. but if one more conversation was enough to effect any change, I wouldn't be considering magic in this instance. I wish it was a matter of them finding themselves a way out of a thicket of life's turmoils, but things have been far past that point already.

You cannot simultaneously cut the cord with someone and then bind them from acting; one negates the other. However, you also say she’s “not a psychokiller” but admit you want to “quench” something. If you’re after revenge, cutting the cord is definitely not going to work.

this is certainly a consideration, seeing as I would prefer to avoid anything but the most superficial contact with them anymore. and revenge isn't much of a motivator. I only meant that I wouldn't feel satisfied that I had done what I could if all I did was to cut the cord. my concern is for those in this person's life who are in in their destructive path.

I also feel it is worth mentioning that myself and the other individual are not youths, and considering the opiate epidemic, it may be worth mentioning that this is not a substance abuse issue. 

Edited by BeanSiFiain, 07 October 2018 - 04:55 PM.

Braggart by nature,    just like nature..