• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 brea

brea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I would consider binding my child to me for safety's sake. I'm not sure how you would go about doing something like that though. Ideas anyone? :)

Whiterose says she bound a child for bullying, which I think is a great idea. But I wonder if banishing would be more practical in some situations?

Brea

#22 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I would consider binding my child to me for safety's sake. I'm not sure how you would go about doing something like that though. Ideas anyone? :)

Whiterose says she bound a child for bullying, which I think is a great idea. But I wonder if banishing would be more practical in some situations?

Brea

I forgot about the bullying reference. Thank you for the reminder. I have found various forms of banishment or forced removal to be effective, too. I have bound a child to a place for reasons I will not go into publicly, but I released her when she turned 18.

#23 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Ok I have never done a binding, so forgive me if my question is naive, but as I am considering it for two people/circumstances, I wonder: is this something that is a once-off until you decide to release the bound or does it require some upkeep in the interim? Or perhaps it depends on the strength of the thing/person/etc. you are binding?

THE untold want, by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

Posted Image

#24 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Ok I have never done a binding, so forgive me if my question is naive, but as I am considering it for two people/circumstances, I wonder: is this something that is a once-off until you decide to release the bound or does it require some upkeep in the interim? Or perhaps it depends on the strength of the thing/person/etc. you are binding?

In my experience it depends. If something or someone is strong willed and fights then it needs upkeep. For instance a negative spirit. If not, then little upkeep is required but it is still a good idea to check on the bonds now and again.

#25 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

In my experience it depends. If something or someone is strong willed and fights then it needs upkeep. For instance a negative spirit. If not, then little upkeep is required but it is still a good idea to check on the bonds now and again.

Do you mean they come loose? What type of upkeep would be needed (besides tightening if needed?

Just as an example, I bind a poppet and bury it in the ground, in which case I would not want to dig it up unless I wanted to end the spell by undoing the binding cords or what ever one used.

#26 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Do you mean they come loose? What type of upkeep would be needed (besides tightening if needed?

Just as an example, I bind a poppet and bury it in the ground, in which case I would not want to dig it up unless I wanted to end the spell by undoing the binding cords or what ever one used.

It really depends on what you are doing, what lore you adhere to, and who/what you are binding. With that said, I have in the past, bound a spirit that, after a time, was able to "get loose" and harass a specific person again. But then again, I don't normally bury my workings. For the type of upkeep required, again it depends.

Edited by Whiterose, 08 March 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#27 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

I've done a couple of bindings and used the Lake for a container of sorts. Placed the poppet in the sandy bottom of the Lake, cover it with rocks to secure it, and then when the Lake freezes, the poppet is contained for a period of time. When the Lake thaws, and I feel or come into the knowledge that said target is no longer a problem, I release the poppet from under the rocks, and let the Water Element, have it. Then walk away. That's been successful for me.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#28 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've done a couple of bindings and used the Lake for a container of sorts. Placed the poppet in the sandy bottom of the Lake, cover it with rocks to secure it, and then when the Lake freezes, the poppet is contained for a period of time. When the Lake thaws, and I feel or come into the knowledge that said target is no longer a problem, I release the poppet from under the rocks, and let the Water Element, have it. Then walk away. That's been successful for me.

Regards,
Gypsy

Nice CelticGypsy.

#29 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hello Wych Elm
The basics of binding is to bind or tie an individual depending on what you want to do. If its to stop the mouth then bind the mouth, if its to stop actions they are doing then bind them so they cant move.

If I were working in this way I certainly wouldnt bind the individual to myself, I would do the binding and thats it, forget it and let it be, Any other way would inhibit the self, Witch works, walks away and it never happened.

I think it may be useful to consider that binding someone is not the same as creating threads between yourself and another person, sometimes this is done deliberately to attain an advantage of both, perhaps for friendship or sharing, but to bind someone for a purppose of your own is usually one sided, with the one doing the binding acting without the other individuals knowledge.

One or two have mentioned binding in relation to love, in my opinion its impossible to bind people to love each other, you can bind to cause lust but love and lust are not the same. If you want to work to cause someone to be attracted to you then its relatively easy, the hard part is getting them to leave you alone when you have had your fun.

Can you bind yourself, as in ridding yourself of bad habits? Or would that be banishing?

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#30 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nice CelticGypsy.

I am not trying to be funny, but I read something that gave the person a choice for burial, either in the earth or running water, is the toilet considered running water? I don't have any streams near me. I have been doing the earth, but I do have a thing for water.

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#31 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I am not trying to be funny, but I read something that gave the person a choice for burial, either in the earth or running water, is the toilet considered running water? I don't have any streams near me. I have been doing the earth, but I do have a thing for water.

Kera

Just elaborate on that a bit Kera.... Is your question whether flushing ashes down the toilet is an acceptable alternative to water burial? I'm not being judgemental, I'm not all that bothered what happens to my unwanted body when I've finished with it, but I wonder if perhaps I've misread your meaning......

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#32 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I believe there's another thread here that refers to "flushing down the toilet like the piece of shit they are" type of workings. Try the search feature for it. It all depends on the type of working you're doing. If it's something you would need to maintain, you might not want to do that. Also, you don't want to trash your plumbing. Certain things could call for that, I would think. lol

#33 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just elaborate on that a bit Kera.... Is your question whether flushing ashes down the toilet is an acceptable alternative to water burial? I'm not being judgemental, I'm not all that bothered what happens to my unwanted body when I've finished with it, but I wonder if perhaps I've misread your meaning......

LOL, no nothing like that, I meant candels really, I should have said that, after they have been burned down?

#34 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

I believe there's another thread here that refers to "flushing down the toilet like the piece of shit they are" type of workings. Try the search feature for it. It all depends on the type of working you're doing. If it's something you would need to maintain, you might not want to do that. Also, you don't want to trash your plumbing. Certain things could call for that, I would think. lol

HAaaaaaaaaaa, I do like that, title!!!! That is truly funny, I have a few ideas for that one! Thanks for the tip, I will check that out.

Kera

#35 pyewacket

pyewacket

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yes, binding can be to tie someone in love to you or someone else, or to stop their actions.

My grandmother always bound any of my young 'outsider' friends who would show up with books on the 'occult or wicca'. OF course I was forbidden to ever speak witchcraft and my family to any outsider friends but I had to try and go along with what was popular at the time. And when that became 'spell books and wicca' of my friends by grandmother always bound them so that if they, as she said, 'Happened by some odd chance to trip over a real spell or actually discover how to call on a house familiar in their own stupidity, they would never be successful". I remember thinking poor Hecate must have got a workout one summer when my outsider friends came to stay for the summer and brought ouija board and piles of spell and wicca books. Let's say they soon lost interest in it all and we had more fun swimming and telling ghost stories over roasted marshmallows than casting. Except, of course, for me quietly and keeping my mouth shut. For these simple bindins of outsiders there was names on shards of pottery that they would happen to break. Being a gardner, as are most witches, she would happen to hand the person to bound to hold a pot, they would manage to drop and break it and she would use these shards to bind them by writing their name and well, thats all I'm saying because as I mentioned before I can feel her stare on me now, loose lips sink ships...

#36 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yes, binding can be to tie someone in love to you or someone else, or to stop their actions.

My grandmother always bound any of my young 'outsider' friends who would show up with books on the 'occult or wicca'. OF course I was forbidden to ever speak witchcraft and my family to any outsider friends but I had to try and go along with what was popular at the time. And when that became 'spell books and wicca' of my friends by grandmother always bound them so that if they, as she said, 'Happened by some odd chance to trip over a real spell or actually discover how to call on a house familiar in their own stupidity, they would never be successful". I remember thinking poor Hecate must have got a workout one summer when my outsider friends came to stay for the summer and brought ouija board and piles of spell and wicca books. Let's say they soon lost interest in it all and we had more fun swimming and telling ghost stories over roasted marshmallows than casting. Except, of course, for me quietly and keeping my mouth shut. For these simple bindins of outsiders there was names on shards of pottery that they would happen to break. Being a gardner, as are most witches, she would happen to hand the person to bound to hold a pot, they would manage to drop and break it and she would use these shards to bind them by writing their name and well, thats all I'm saying because as I mentioned before I can feel her stare on me now, loose lips sink ships...

Eh, I thought you said your family hid in plain sight.  So, why would any of your friends be bringing spell books and wicca shit to your house?  Seems a bit odd . . . Why would you need to go along with what was "popular"?

As for "most Witches" and (from other thread) "we Witches" . . . not every Witch is a gardener.  I find your posts interesting and welcome the interaction, as the Forum has been a bit shallow lately, but such sweeping generalities are a bit much, even for a hardcore, magical elitist like myself. 

#37 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Jevne, can you please change your title to "Hardcore Magical Elitist"?

#38 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Jevne, can you please change your title to "Hardcore Magical Elitist"?

:roflhard:

Havilland, yours should change to "Schnnaaakkkesss"  :rofl:

#39 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

It's either that or Medus's Under-Study - just waiting until I have enough posts to make one of them happen ;)

#40 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

Aside of all the levity, which is good AND evens the playing field.  Let's get back to " Binding ". When I bound the victim initially, I used my DNA, I wanted to keep track of the process.

When I saw and experienced the crafting was going * My way * and didn't need to monitor the situation, because I didn't link my DNA to the inside of the container, but the outside, it was easy to shed the DNA from the outside, yet be able to control the inside.

I used a bottle to craft and initiate this working.

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1