• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'm writing this because I remember the first spell I cast. I was 19 and new to the craft I read lots of books on the subject. I actually got into witchcraft so that I could help my mother. when I was old enough she had told me about a man she used to date who put a curse on her . He said that if she ever broke up with him she should throw the opal ring he gave her in a lake, when my mother broke up with him and things started to go south she threw the opal ring in the toilet and flushed but she told me that she still feels cursed. so like I said i read a lot of books and I was ready to take on my first curse. the spot for my anti-curse was the quartz altar I built on the grave of my dead kitty (who still visits me to this day). I had one large white pillar candle that I had charged carved and blessed. I called upon the powers of ancestors, elementals and the divine and I lit the candle and waited and waited for about an hour. it seemed like something was keeping the candle flame from growing. so I cried out to the vast night FREE MY MOTHER AND I FROM THIS DARKNESS, FREE US FROM THIS CURSE, IN LIGHT WE ARE FREE. the candle sputtered into a column of white light and before I knew it there was the curse personified and right behind me .i could only make out claws and fangs I yelled at it tell I lost my voice....The candle grew brighter and surrounded me in a circle of light. the light and darkness were battling each other. I remember thinking it looked just like a patronus from harry potter and it was hitting the evil shadow curse thing and no matter how savagely the darkness fought the light, the candle light beat it to oblivion, and with a dying howl the curse was gone. when It was all over I felt more free than I ever had, I was liberated from the mundane world and I vowed I would no longer live with my eyes closed, that magic was real and I was going to learn everything I can about it. after I cleaned everything up. I was walking back home and I saw my dead kitty. he looked so real and solid I walked up to him, He even made his familiar meow, I got closer and could feel him purring and rubbing against my leg, but when i bent down to pick him up him he was gone. I think that was my price for freedom, I had to feel the pain of loss.
"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#2 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Here are a few threads if you're curious about other people's first spells.

Your First Spell

Your First Spell

your first spells?

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#3 ShadowKing

ShadowKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Here are a few threads if you're curious about other people's first spells.

Your First Spell

Your First Spell

your first spells?

Yay :) many thanks

"We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! " -Endora

#4 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Bumping for forester - see other threads linked.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#5 Forester

Forester

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Thank you!

#6 Nyd

Nyd

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

I was 11 and my first spell was a love spell. I had to invision which qualities I want us both to have in the relationship, edge some info into the candle and a pentagram. Then I lit the candles each evening, focusing on my true love and chanting incantations while moving the candles closer. After 7 days the candles were touching and allowed to melt into each other while being tied together with a red band.
It was a lovely spell at the time. My expertise was lacking though.