Success

Guest Lumen

Do you consider yourself to be successful? how much of this success do you attribute to your witchcraft?

hmmmm... I guess that depends on what area you are asking about.

Healthwise yes, always been in decent shape and try to stay healthy.

Familywise yes, I may be screwing up my children but they are mine to screw up ;-)

Love yes, I have been blessed with good children and a wonderful man (as of late)

Money, no... make that hellllll no! I've alsways scraped by, but that seems to be the nature of the beast.

I have what I need, and alot of what I want (love, friendship, happiness, etc.)

I use witchcraft for some... job problems, increasing my own powers, bringing in money, protection, health, banishment (problems, people) etc. Some areas I don't use it such as love. But that is my choice. The area for possiblilities is vast, the more I use, the more areas I can fit it into. The choice is whether I want to or not.

So to answer the question... yes I am successful. How much do I attribute that to witchcraft? All of it and none of it. It's part of who I am and who I am becoming. It has become part of the very fiber of my existence. It is not all that I do, but the footsteps I take on the path add to the creativity of my next decision whether mundane or magical. It winds it's mystery into everyday life and there is no 'forgetting' things I know. So it becomes incorporated into what I do, how I think, and how I move forward.

Guest Lumen

Money, no... make that hellllll no! I've alsways scraped by, but that seems to be the nature of the beast.

lol well we aren't to blame for this shitty economy.

Well, my life isn't perfect. If it was I wouldn't need to use magic and I wouldn't really need to live because what is the point? With that said, I am happy with my relationship and family, with my health, with my money situtation, and with my standing in my job and neighborhood. Certain things come up that need attention but for the most part I have no complaints. As things come up I deal with them either mundanely or magically. So, yes, I would say I am successful in those areas. I contribute some to magic, but a larger part to common sense and an ass ton of hardwork. Magic just makes the road a little less bumpy, it doesn't manifest the road out of nothing. It seems the core of that question is "Do I feel my magic works and if so, do I benefit from it in my life?" My answer to that question, abso-fucking-lutely. :cool_witch:

Guest Lumen

It seems the core of that question is "Do I feel my magic works and if so, do I benefit from it in my life?" My answer to that question, abso-fucking-lutely. :cool_witch:

lol Thanks for the reply. The question was how much of your success in life do you put down to your being a witch?

I consider myself successful, equally due to hard work, and self preserving/transforming affects of my magic.

Different points of view on types of success are interesting though.. Witchcraft and magic is such a daily, integral part of me that its hard to separate it from anything that involves me. I consider financial success freeing, but I know others who consider it limiting and so they don't court it. I don't live paycheck to paycheck and can afford some of my extravagances that I enjoy, and this contributes to me and my family's happiness.

I think success is realative to the ideals of the person. Most people would not consider me successful. I'm not in a committed relationship and haven't been in a committed one for years. I make decent money but in a single-income home in this economy, it's tight. I smoke, sometimes I drink (what other's might see as "bad" habits). I don't go out a lot and I have very few people I consider "friends." My son's life is ups and downs as he is trying to make his way in the world and find his beliefs (most of my drama comes from my son and his relationships, lol). I don't have cable TV. I only have 5 pairs of shoes (two of which are gardening shoes, lol). All of my clothes fit onto one shelf (not counting winter coats/sweaters), and I spend a lot of time alone.

Yet for the most part, I'm happy. I live a relatively simple life and I enjoy waking up every morning. Some would consider that complacency and lack of ambition, lol. I don't consider myself successful by the modern definition, yet I have no desire to change myself or I'd do so, lol. Did magic contribute to this? Well, magic has contributed to some of my mundane securities, which are a necessity to feeling safe and thereby relaxed and happy but a lot of my interest and (for lack of a better phrase) "inner peace" come from my spiritual life. Craft for me is more of a life-style and belief system and interaction. Magic is something I do sometimes if I happen to need it. Actually, for those that do magic (as in spells) on a regular daily or weekly basis I'd be interested to know what kind of things you do it for... I'd be hard put to come up with something I had to do weekly. Might be my definition of magic, though. I consider magic as specific spell work - money spell, job spell, hex, love, etc. - not specifically house protections and such. The other day I calmed an emotional storm using herbal "potpourie" and invoking them, but I don't consider that a spell or specifically magic and more than I'd consider taking chammomile tea too help me sleep magic, although I'd still invoke the herb. I'd just call that knowing the properties of an herb and having a relationship with the plant.

Re the friends following the wrong gods, lol - I don't find that any spirit or divinity I have ever worked with has been out to save me from life or my own dumb decisions. Sometimes quite the opposite - more like grow and learn through your own mistakes numb nuts, lol!! There are things that have an interest in me but it is more of a long-term interest that spans ages. However, I also believe that one has allies that one can call upon, but not just for what one can get from them. That'd be like me only calling my mother if I wanted to borrow money then not talking to her again until the next rough spot. The relationship wouldn't last long and a door would be slammed, lol.

M

lol Thanks for the reply. The question was how much of your success in life do you put down to your being a witch?

I have no doubt your magic works. biggrin.gif

The reason I'm asking is because I have a couple of friends, one is a full on Goddess loving Wiccan. The other is... a bit of a hippy. Into Reiki, crystal healing, light healing etc. As far as I know she does not practice witchcraft and follows no particular religion.

They both have terrible things happen to them A LOT.

They don't see it that way, they're both extremely positive about life and roll with the punches. But an outsider looking in would think they have the shittiest luck.

My partner has said to me on more than one occasion. "They must believe in the wrong thing or are doing the wrong thing" or "They're following the wrong god".

So it just made me wonder... is there a "right" way to manifest the things you want.

As I said, both of my friends are very positive about the various bad luck that has befallen them and this is what I tell my partner. Maybe without their beliefs/spiritual practices one of my friends would have died in a house fire and the other would have lost her premature child.

For the record, I'm an atheist and my partner is agnostic.

I think its all a matter of perspective. I have been around both the goddess loving wiccan types and the hippy types. Most of those whom I have known attribute the fruit of their own decisions to "the will of the universe or goddess/god". Hence, shitty things can happen and they go with it because they feel it comes from the divine. Some don't even realise the law of cause and effect. From my perspective I envy that. I would love to be able to live that simply but I can not. I don't think its because they follow the "wrong god" but because they live in a different state of mind. It seems some of your partner's "agnosticism" is comming in to play here. He is probably wondering if they follow the wrong god because he is not sure himself. That is just what I see based on what you have posted. I don't think there is any "right" way as long as it works, you are happy, and it gets you where you need to go.

Guest Lumen

. It seems some of your partner's "agnosticism" is comming in to play here. He is probably wondering if they follow the wrong god because he is not sure himself.

Oh definitely!

Not sure about "success "a very subjective term and who wants to tempt fate anyway?

I feel lucky though and I do attribute that luck - partly anyway to my witchcraft.

Success is one of those things that means something different to everyone. There are areas I feel that I am successful and other that are in the works. For the successful, I have a wonderful fiance, two wonderful fuzzy children and a very nice roof over my head. I also tend to have plenty of money for the things I like to do. However, I am working on putting myself back through school and still trying to figure out what it is that I'm doing(life in general), so in those two areas, I'm working on being successful. I like to think my determination and craft work is combined, as they go hand in hand, so yes my successes and the ones I'm working on are all due to my craft and will continue to help me figure a few things out.

I think that all the things you describe are magic Michele, that might be why you see a difference in frequency when there might actually be a similarity. That clears up something that confused me. The majority of my spells are successful, if they aren't I experiment with different approaches until they do work to a similar desired result. Some workings are like meta workings, magic to open myself up to meet with spirits, magic to enchant a plant ally, magic to consecrate a potion, kitchen magic to make dinner extra special a way to invite some ancestors over. Some workings are for direct, but passive effect on ones daily life, protection charms etc. Knowing that you classify magic differently than I do really helps me understand where you are coming from better.

I think success, like normalcy, is relative. The most successful people in the world can be the unhappiest and those who appear unsuccessful can be as happy as a lark. (Mind you, how can one tell when a lark is happy?).

I would say that within the confines of my life as it is now I feel successful. I am doing what I wish and working towards dreams that I have had for a long time. Would I say that to the outside world I appear successful? Far from it, I still live at home at 28, I would like to buy my own house but am not in the position to do so (long story that one), I've not had a relationship since I was 18 and I don't have many friends - I'm actually quite the loner, I'm a student so my money situation is tight. On the otherside I have a loving family, freedom to do what I want and freedom to explore who I am.

I am happy and enjoying my life so I believe this makes me feel successful. How much of this do I think is my witchcraft? Like Oceana's Moon said: All of it and none of it, it is part of who I am, who I am becoming and how my life is changing and developing is all part of it. It's not a separate entity because it is part of my spirit, my soul, my daily being.....

Depending on one's definition, I am reasonably successful . . . amazing family, as many friends as I want, a great job, that I enjoy (which is a plus), and like Stacy mentioned, lots of freedom to do what I want, when I want.

I owe 100% of all that to Witchcraft, as being a Witch is not something I do. It is something I am. Thus, I do not turn my Witchiness on and off, or only whip it out in emergencies. If I am involved, you can bet there was some Magics about, even if only a bit.

Archived