I like that :-)

M

#22 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

I found out that tomatoe plants love them,all powdered up,in compost or on top.not very witchy, good to know though

#23 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Love it CG, I think I will dye some black with ink and use them just like that.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#24 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Love it CG, I think I will dye some black with ink and use them just like that.

Thank you Sara, and Michele. One of the things I do is as gentle as possible, I scruff up the outer shell a bit with scour pad. Then I bury them in old coffee grounds for a time, a moon phase. Call me :cuckoo: but I figure if the caffeine in the coffee makes me a bit more active, then wouldn't it do the same for a spell work for my little dark brown egg shell cauldron ? I'll leave some of the grounds within, to dry and set them a flame mixed with a little honey as a gift for my Nature experiance, also.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#25 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

That sounds wonderful, CG! The nature of a things as they grow, and how they effect people, is often how they will also react in magic :-)

M

#26 sarasuperid

sarasuperid

Wild Witch of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Oh you dye yours too! Love it. I need me dome coffee about now.
"A Craft, a calling, a set of Keys to unlock a particular cosmology that is borne, and born, in the blood of the practitioner, and sets the Work to be done with which one may commune with those who hold the patterns and keys of the life of the practitioner and hir stream. The Work is to be done, and we are to do it." --Aiseling the Bard

#27 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I wanted to say I know you mentioned you hard boil the eggs before taking the shells off. Have you tried just cracking open the uncooked eggs, then you'll have 2 "clean" halves (rather than picking off bits of shell) and you can cook the eggs as poached, fried, etc (or even in a cake!) instead of hard boiled. Then just wash the shells gently in water to remove the membrane and let them dry thoroughly.

Just a thought! I haven't done it myself but I know when people do egg blowing the egg inside is raw and comes out clean then they rinse out the shells before decorating :)

Edited by Aurelia, 26 June 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#28 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Just a heads up, if you put your egg shells in some used coffee grounds to dye them a warm brown, keep an eye on them, as mold will grow in the grounds. But hey......... one could use the mold in a working also, if one is so inclined. lol !

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#29 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I wanted to say I know you mentioned you hard boil the eggs before taking the shells off. Have you tried just cracking open the uncooked eggs, then you'll have 2 "clean" halves (rather than picking off bits of shell) and you can cook the eggs as poached, fried, etc (or even in a cake!) instead of hard boiled. Then just wash the shells gently in water to remove the membrane and let them dry thoroughly.

Just a thought! I haven't done it myself but I know when people do egg blowing the egg inside is raw and comes out clean then they rinse out the shells before decorating :)

I think Aloe mentioned somewhere about blowing out an egg before using it. Aloe do you blow out the egg for the shell, or for the container it makes I can't remember?

#30 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

I think Aloe mentioned somewhere about blowing out an egg before using it. Aloe do you blow out the egg for the shell, or for the container it makes I can't remember?

I think you're thinking of me talking about blowing eggs out to use as a container for a spell. For my powdered eggshells, I just save the shells from eggs I cook. Put them back in the carton and when I have a carton full of empty shells, I bake them a bit to make sure they're completely dry and then powder them.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#31 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I have used them like that Aloe, as stain removed for my teeth. When they are baked in oven ,they powder up nicely in my coffee grinder.

#32 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think you're thinking of me talking about blowing eggs out to use as a container for a spell. For my powdered eggshells, I just save the shells from eggs I cook. Put them back in the carton and when I have a carton full of empty shells, I bake them a bit to make sure they're completely dry and then powder them.

Thanks....I save them in the carton too lol. :thumbsup:

#33 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

I have used them like that Aloe, as stain removed for my teeth. When they are baked in oven ,they powder up nicely in my coffee grinder.

Are you saying you use powdered eggshells as a type of toothpast and tooth whitener? Does it work?

M

#34 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

Are you saying you use powdered eggshells as a type of toothpast and tooth whitener? Does it work?

M

Yes. As a stain remover, lol, yes it dose work.Honestly

#35 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

Just powder it up, dip in the toothbrush, and brush your teeth???

M

#36 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Just powder it up, dip in the toothbrush, and brush your teeth???

M

Lol,yes.just dip the brush in and brush your teeth.I uses it a couple of times a week,still use regular toothpaste.

#37 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Wonders never cease! You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with eggsident, LOL.

#38 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Wonders never cease! You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with eggsident, LOL.

Pmsl( learnt that from Gram,) very good ,heheee. Hope it dosent stick in my head.

#39 Brambles

Brambles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

I needs me some eggshells now...

“Pay heed to the tales of old wives.
It may well be that they alone keep in memory
what it was once needful for the wise to know.”
~ J.R.R. Tolkien.

#40 aurora