What was it like for you?

Ally

What was it like for you when you first began seeing things you weren't expecting? For example: Shadows from another realm or perhaps ghosts? and/or Psychic Dreams and visions

What was it like for you when you first started feeling things you didn' t see? For example: the presence of something/someone you couldn't see but only "sense" or "feel"?

Were you ever attacked in your sleep by something you could not see but, only feel? How many times did this happen? What did you think was happening to you? What actually was happening to you?

If you can relate to what I'm saying....then you understand I haven't gone mad. I'd love to hear your experiences and share with you mine.

its been a while...ive missed your voices ;)

~mw

What was it like for you when you first started feeling things you didn't see? For example: the presence of something/someone you couldn't see but only "sense" or "feel"?

Were you ever attacked in your sleep by something you could not see but, only feel? How many times did this happen? What did you think was happening to you? What actually was happening to you?

1. I grew up in a very "haunted" house. Some of the presences may have just been residual energy. Originally the house was the servant's quarters of a large mansion. Next it became a boarding house, and then had 6 or 7 owners over the course of several decades before my parents bought it. So some of the presences could have been from them--one of the former owners used to claim she heard "spirits knocking" although my parents claimed it was just the squirrels in the attic. ;) When they moved in, they had each room blessed by their pastor--but--some ghosts remained behind. I posted about this in another thread, but let me just say here that I learned at a young age not to mention what I felt or heard. A friendly spirit lived in my room, not so friendly ones in the root cellar (which was already creepy enough!) and the old carriage house.

I had the usual things happen, like doors opening when they had been closed, the radio turning on when I'd just turned it off, a feeling in the hall like someone nasty was watching, skin crawling in an empty room with nothing else there but cobwebs and dust (or the mannequins...omg. I was a weird kid!).

Actually, one made contact a few years ago while I was visiting. There I am, playing around with my pendulum and my homemade letter board (I wasn't actually looking for contact, I was just trying to access my subconscious) when the pendulum spells out "Hi there... Quiet now." (I suppose re my loud children!!) I said out loud, "sorry, I don't feel like doing this right now."

The only other thing I found interesting was that "my" ghost's cold spot would "sit" on me when I was on the laptop at their house and I would tell it to move over because I was cold, and it would. I guess it wanted to watch YouTube with me! :lol:

2. I've never had anything attack me in my sleep, although once (when I was still Xtian) I remember I was begging out loud for a "sign" when suddenly it felt as though something pressed down on me, holding me completey immobile, I couldn't move at all, and I totally freaked out. I've heard of not being able to get back in your body after an astral trip and "sleep parylysis", but i was completely awake. I don't remember how I got free but I do remember I ran out of there like a bat outta hell!! (this wasn't at my house, it was in an old college dorm)

--

When I first felt it? I didn't think I was crazy--I was obsessed with ghosts when I was a kid, I read tons of ghost stories. I loved to scare myself to death! Sometimes I would ask them to "show me" that they were there, although I didn't always get a response. Like I said, I learned very quickly not to mention it. My mother and grandmother both have a bit of psychic sense (just knowing something is going to happen) but it doesn't extend to ghosties.

Fun thread. Thanks for starting it! :)

Edited by Kupala

As the only child of a single mother, I was left to my own devices quite a bit. Therefore, my 'imaginary friends' didn't seem so odd. As I grew, I came to understand that these friends were indeed real but since the adults didn't think so, I refrained from saying anything ... I still don't to anyone but my husband who, although he doesn't experience the same things as I, understands. (Our resident ghosts convinced him, I think.) I rarely get weirded out by strange happenings around me. As long as whoever it is has no malevolent intentions, they're welcome.

Yes, I've been attacked in my sleep, more than once. As if it happened on this plane, I fought back - to the detriment of the attacker. The last time I didn't know who it was (he attempted to 'wear a mask' to throw me off) but I found out through the grapevine who it was - for some reason the guy woke up with very sore balls. My right foot was sore and I was grinning ... (Dynamite comes in small packages on any plane.)

What was it like for you when you first began seeing things you weren't expecting? For example: Shadows from another realm or perhaps ghosts? and/or Psychic Dreams and visions

I suppose it depends on how "solid" one sees them. I never see things solidly, only flitting lights and shadows out of the corner of my eye, so I suppose I never gave it any thought as a child.

What was it like for you when you first started feeling things you didn' t see? For example: the presence of something/someone you couldn't see but only "sense" or "feel"?

Again, I never thought about it. I was a highly imaginative child with a very rich fantasy life. I was considered "weird" in school (becuase I didn't talk to many people and I read too many books)but it never occurred to me that anything, including my fantasy life, could be other-worldly. I came from a house of readers and gardeners, so it was just part of it all. I don't think it ever occurred to me to bring anything up becuase I didn't sense anything as different from what other people did. I still don't know if what I sence is different from other people, or if I just have different beliefs about it. I thought the trees were talking to each other, but a guy told me it was just the wind in the leaves. I thought about that and asked him if he liked opera and he said he hated it. But I liked it. So I just figured everyone saw, felt, and heard the same things, just interpreted them differently.

Yes, more than once. I know what attacked me, and I was tricked into it which pissed me off. Becoming angry about it actually overcame my fear and allowed me to get the upper hand. But I could both see, feel, and hear it. It played me music which was what tricked me, becuase I enjoyed the music.

M

If you can relate to what I'm saying....then you understand I haven't gone mad. I'd love to hear your experiences and share with you mine.

its been a while...ive missed your voices ;)

~mw

My experiences are strange. When I first wake I see things, some are not discernable in shape, others are. The other night I woke up, I'd only been asleep for probably an hour and there was a man coming toward my bed (or at least a man-shape). It freaked me out so much I turned my light on but there was nothing there. At first I didn't think much of it (when it first started happening) because being a voracious reader I just thought my imagination was going a little bit wild.

My house is not haunted but I'm beginning to believe I see things beyond normal (I actually think I wrote about it on here in another thread). Basically between sleeping and full-wake state I see things. I even saw a bear once (yes a bear) sitting in my room. I sometimes feel like my room is a highway for shapes and things to move through although it has quietened down somewhat since my mirror was taken down and out of my room (it was being sold as part of my old bedroom suite) and I've not yet got another.

I've been told that I'm lucky for this gift whatever it is but it does tend to make one nervous when trying to sleep. The worse thing was one night I saw a giant spider climbing over me, I jumped up so fast and turned the light on - nothing there. (I hate hate hate spiders). So it is what it is whatever it is but the first time for me was fairly terrifying, my dreams are abnormal enough and I didn't need anything else seemingly strange happening to me in the 'awake' world.

Edited by Stacey

My experiences are strange. When I first wake I see things, some are not discernable in shape, others are. The other night I woke up, I'd only been asleep for probably an hour and there was a man coming toward my bed (or at least a man-shape). It freaked me out so much I turned my light on but there was nothing there. At first I didn't think much of it (when it first started happening) because being a voracious reader I just thought my imagination was going a little bit wild.

My house is not haunted but I'm beginning to believe I see things beyond normal (I actually think I wrote about it on here in another thread). Basically between sleeping and full-wake state I see things. I even saw a bear once (yes a bear) sitting in my room. I sometimes feel like my room is a highway for shapes and things to move through although it has quietened down somewhat since my mirror was taken down and out of my room (it was being sold as part of my old bedroom suite) and I've not yet got another.

I've been told that I'm lucky for this gift whatever it is but it does tend to make one nervous when trying to sleep. The worse thing was one night I saw a giant spider climbing over me, I jumped up so fast and turned the light on - nothing there. (I hate hate hate spiders). So it is what it is whatever it is but the first time for me was fairly terrifying, my dreams are abnormal enough and I didn't need anything else seemingly strange happening to me in the 'awake' world.

We have a similar issue in our Hallway, it seems a doorway for many a person or animal - one early morning things started to move and fall to the floor, which kind of put our nerves on edge, but my husband seals the doorway every now and again using his protection spell and we won't have any occurrences for a while.

I too remember seeing a man shape in my bedroom when I was about 13, scared the life out of me, he was sitting by the window just watching me....another night I sort of semi-woke to find I couldn't move because there was something heavy sitting on my chest, holding me down - I struggled and within a short time it left..

I have also had many transients walk through me....makes me stone cold, gives me the willies it does!!!

Maybe you could work up a protection spell of your own - just so you don't get nervous when you try to sleep!!!

I don't remember a specific 'moment' when it first happened to me because I've lived in many houses during my life and many of them had something in them. Random things you'd see at night or the usual out of the corner of your eye thing. One house even had an old man who used to stay in the kitchen and had a bit of a thing for the microwave.

The big difference for me, was when I moved to University. I lived in a house that had something in the bathroom.

It would be in there when doing my make up or I'd see it through the glass when I was in the shower. My best friend even saw it a few times too.

The strangest moment was when I was in the shower one night. I'd had a mole cut out of my back and had just had the stitches taken out that day. I was under the water when I saw it through the glass like I had before, and then it vanished. I'd just thought it'd gone, but as I turned around, I felt it stroke up my back. It was my new scar that it touched.

It felt like it stroked it out of concern or curiosity. It wasn't threatening or anything of the sort, but it startled me quite a bit. It had never touched me before... let alone while naked in the shower. :P

Anyway, that's my stand out moment.

The same thing also did something strange to me one morning while I was getting ready to go to Uni.

I think it entered me somehow (I really have no idea) because I felt it near me and then when I looked up into the mirror, I wasn't looking at myself.

I mean, it was my face... the same features and all, but it wasn't 'me'. There was no recognition at all. It was like I was somebody else looking at my face.

I don't know how to explain it.

It freaked me out and i'm glad that it never did it again.

So, that was another 'first'.

=)

Edited by The Muse

I never noticed until I was introduced to the occult. My grandmother and her siblings grew up in a very haunted house and have some very amazing stories to tell. My father also has been visited several times by the lil tricksters which lived in that house. However, I myself didn't notice anything until I became older. About 7 years ago, I suppose it started.

Like Michele, as a child I heard things and felt strangelings (couldn't think of a better word! LOL)around me especially at night. However, I didn't pay much attention to it. It was just part of my normal life. The difference tho was that it did scare me. I was scared of the nite for a while. While I could not see, I could hear and feel.

My world changed drastically when I abandoned the christian faith and turned to find my own path. My dream world changed drastically and my awareness raised.

I think part of it was the fear that cultivated my existence through the doctrine. I would often dismiss what I was feeling and seeing as my own MIND. It wonders far too much and thinking often brings reality in my life. So, partially, I thought I was creating my own monsters and on the other hand...I believed I had sorta started lifting the veil over my eyes.

One night, I woke to seeing the most amazing,beautiful, aura of a women with long,vibrant hair that was alive. She was standing in front of my mirror, facing me. She was not threatening at all, but, entirely captivating and beautiful. I don't think she was a ghost. I believe she was alive...in another dimension. She couldn't have been a ghost...she had no past that was recognizable.My home was not haunted. I still don't know who she was. However, I am sure that she wanted me to see her.

Other nights and quite often, I was visited by an entity who would slowly, sneakingly enter my bed. I could feel it crawl into bed with me. I could feel it enter the room. However, I was paralyzed with fear. Sometimes, I was partially conscious and I wanted to look behind me to see what it was...however, I was so afraid, I could not. I would fall asleep and then...it would abuse me sexually until I could manage to wake myself up. Once I would wake ...I would turn on the lights and it would no longer be there. Some nights my husband would be in the bed with me....but, it knew no boundaries..it didn't care. This went on for a year of my life. Eventually, I was not afraid anymore. It was just like one more....aggravating thing I had to do before I could actually sleep through the rest of the night. Eventually, it left me. (Honestly, i have credited this to some sort of vampire/energy sucker....feeding off my fear. Once the fear was gone, it stopped. Seems logical right?)

Also, during this time, I began lucid dreaming and what I believe is projecting astrally. I did none of it on purpose, it just happened, unintentionally. There was a certain taste of metal/bronze/copper in my mouth and a very heavy magnetizing force around my body. The things I would see in my "dreams?" were not things I would see in my awake world. The places I would go, the things I would do...I had not done before. This was not scary though, just fascinating. I was so curious about what was happening to me. It still happens and I am always so grateful for these occurrences when they do.

I frequently visit New Orleans...I live close. It's a city rich in voodoo and hoodoo culture. I have always been drawn to these places...even, tho there was a time when it scared me very much due to my xtian upbringing. I still though, would go and visit the shops and museums. I just liked it there very much. Once, I went into an authentic voodoo temple (not just the shops selling spells and shrunken heads ;) ). I stopped by the altar there and what happened to me changed me forever. Suddenly, as I was standing there looking at the beautiful candles and reading the prayers...I began feeling a very powerful presence in the room. It approached me...and, the pressure I felt almost left me breathless. I could hardly breathe, I felt an incredible weight upon my chest and I felt FORCED to leave the temple. I was not welcome there. I could hardly breathe....I told my husband...he almost had to carry me out. I became dizzy and lightheaded. NO, I was not drinking. As I left the building and got outside and stood a distance from the entrance. It completely stopped. I felt nothing. I was back to my normal self.

I realized after that moment, that what I felt there was not human, nor was it anxiety, or had I gone mad. I had encountered a spirit. That evening I continued walking through the quarter. As I passed back through the block where the temple was located, I walked on the sidewalk next to the entrance. Immediately, as I passed, I felt the exact feeling. It left me as soon as I got a distance away from the entrance.

From that time on.....as I have visited random places, for example: antique shops,graveyards, and old homes/old land/old buildings..I have experienced what I described above. The difference being though, that I have not felt threatened by it. The forces that I have encountered have been friendly, I have been aware they are there, because of this familiar sensation I experience. However, it has not been forceful. I recently encountered a friendly spirit at a grave that is over 2 centuries old! It was so strong, I expected I would see it. However, I couldn't see...but, only feel. I could feel emotion from it also. It was pretty incredible.

I began working rituals and/or spells to increase my physic awareness...to open my third eye, to awaken my own intuition to the next level a while back. I believe that by doing so, I would be more helpful to others and more helpful to myself. To truly know what was around me...to increase my understanding. To develop more in depth the gifts I naturally possess.

Well....be careful for what you ask the universe for, right?

I started seeing shadows everywhere. Especially around me...in my home and in my yard. I would see them out the corner of my eye. And sometimes, I would see them right in front of me..not necessarily a shape...but, a moving shadow. I would tell myself I must have an eye problem. I researched possible eyesight illnesses. I tried every logical explanation. I would see them passing me....and,I would turn my head real fast, to try and catch them standing still. It was crazy, i thought maybe I was going crazy!LOL. I would even talk to them saying..."Look, could you leave me alone, I want to not have to deal with your weirdness right now. I would like to relax. " Hahaaa ( I promise, I'm not mad, ya'll)This started bothering me.I would tell my husband and my family about what was going on. Everyone just suggested I am probably seeing ghosts or they just blew me off.

Eventually, tho...my children could not sleep through the night. This was a change for them. They were normally sleeping and now suddenly when this started happening...my oldest daughter who is just entering puberty would wake every night..saying something was in her room. Often, she would get in bed with her sister. My youngest boy too, would say something was waking him up. And, they would all wake me up. So, sleeping became an issue.

And for the finale, the night of the barking dog! Dogs rarely if ever bark at night in our neighborhood. However, one night....a dog from across the street was barking for what seemed like hours. Eventually, the dog came up to my window and started barking at my window. I woke my sleeping husband (who can rarely if ever be woke if he's sleeping. ). He got up as if he were wide awake...looked out the blinds and said..the dog is fine. Everything is fine. He got back in bed. The barking stopped. I was still awake. 20 minutes later, my oldest comes in my room and says something is in her room tapping on her window. I knew something was going on, I told her to get in bed with me. A few minutes later, my youngest daughter comes in and says, Momma...my sister just came in my room and woke me up. Now, I can't go back to sleep. I told her, no, baby..you must be dreaming, because she is right here in bed with me. She hasn't got up. Go back to bed. So, she did. I finally fell asleep. No sooner than I drifted off....I felt...something approach my bed....I felt footsteps or hands walk across my mattress. Suddenly...the hands...were pulling my feet. Trying to pull me out of bed! It was tugging and pulling....and, then it started poking me...and running its hand up my leg and backside like it was just taunting me! But...I was unable to wake myself physically. i was awake, I wasn't dreaming...but, my physical body was asleep. It kept pulling me...and, pulling me....and, it wouldn't leave me alone.

I finally.....got mad in my sleep. Possibly mad and scared all at the same time. I started praying in my dream...calling out to the gods for help and rescue...so I could sleep and my kids could sleep! (Funny thing was in my awake life, I had pretty much decided I didn't believe in Gods anymore..but, was exploring alternative views on Gods and their divinity or absence of)I finally woke...after crying out!

And...it left! GONE...vanished. Never to be seen or heard from again. The next morning....you better believe I put up protection throughout my home...and cleansed my home.

My youngest daughter told me that she dreamed that night that something was crawling up her leg..and trying to pull her out of bed by her ankles. (sound familiar? two people dreaming the same exact thing, having the exact same experience at exactly the same time. om...nawww...hell naww...something was there!)

I stopped seeing things.....here now.

I don't know what was happening to me......I still am very confused as to what was in here that night? I know it was here....I just don't know why it wanted to scare me and the kids.

I've always felt something accompanying me in my daily life here at the house. But, it's been so wonderful...welcoming...like I wanted to be here with it. And, it wanted to be with me....So, I doubt it was the spirits that reside here. I think we had company that night.

So, that's where I've been for a couple months....somewhere between am I going nuts?or is this because I opened the door....and looked out? I have been so passive lately, just ignoring things that I normally pay attention to. However, it's a lonely existence without yourself. ;)

I also dream things that come true quite often. I know to some extent most people do. However, this is more than usual. I also see flashes of faces I've never seen before as I first start to drift off. It will often wake me up..and, I realize I see them. However, they are not present in my dreams. They are just faces with very distinct features. Kinda strange too, I think!

ahhhh......such interesting stuff..huh?

Love hearing yall's stories...and glad mine aren't quite so scary!

~mw

I don't really have a long story to add here. I'd been taught from a young age to just keep my thoughts and feelings to myself so much of what I did see or feel or dream didn't really get discussed. I was seen as a bright child though quiet and often distracted but otherwise relatively normal so no one ever questioned anything. I think the only real shakeup I had was a moment of astral projection when I was around 13 or 14.

We had moved out of town and in the process of cleaning up the newer place. For whatever reason I felt I really needed to sleep. I remember it being the middle of the afternoon. I was so tired that I honestly remember being worried about falling on the way to my room. I laid down and immediately drifted off. Next thing I know I'm looking down at myself. I remember I went from confused to terrified in less than half a heartbeat that I might be dead. Yea, I actually thought that.

I had that falling sensation and woke to a hard bounce. I had difficulty catching my breath. I didn't know what that was at the time but a couple years later found it in a library in some paranormal activity section. Funny how to this day I haven't been able to initiate that again. At any rate I know it was the most terrifying moment of my life, which was made harder by the fact I just couldn't talk to anyone in my family about it.

Edited by Amberhawk

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've been attacked in my sleep, more than once. As if it happened on this plane, I fought back - to the detriment of the attacker. The last time I didn't know who it was (he attempted to 'wear a mask' to throw me off) but I found out through the grapevine who it was - for some reason the guy woke up with very sore balls. My right foot was sore and I was grinning ... (Dynamite comes in small packages on any plane.)

LOL. I propose a toast to all psychic kicks in the nuts!! Oh very well done indeed. :buddies:

The same thing also did something strange to me one morning while I was getting ready to go to Uni.

I think it entered me somehow (I really have no idea) because I felt it near me and then when I looked up into the mirror, I wasn't looking at myself.

I mean, it was my face... the same features and all, but it wasn't 'me'. There was no recognition at all. It was like I was somebody else looking at my face.

I don't know how to explain it.

It freaked me out and i'm glad that it never did it again.

So, that was another 'first'.

=)

Ok, that would really freak me out!!

Edited by Sylvan

• 1 month later...

i've always felt 'presences' but it definitely became more pronounced when i started delving into the occult.

Muses story about a spirit entering her reminded me of the singlemost terrifying experience i've ever had and hopefully will NEVER have ever again!

i was sitting at my kitchen table on a sunny saturday afternoon in september 2004, writing in my journal and just sorta daydreaming. all of a sudden i was able to see with my third eye while still seeing normal reality(this is weird i know but i don't know how else to explain it.) a green snake slithers up to me and jumps up and bites me on my chin. then a south american(?) witch doctor is standing in front of me and says 'this MUST happen! it is a test from a long time ago!' then i felt something trying to get into my body. i knew that if i didn't fight it i would die. i wasn't able to keep it out. it fully entered my body. i ran into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. the face was mine but the eyes were not. there was someone/thing in me but it wasn't me looking out of my eyes. i ran thru the house literally tearing things up in a rage, pulling books off shelves, throwing anything i could get my hands on, i shredded my journal that i had been writing in. i had no physical control of my body at all. i began saying in my mind ' i banish thee!' and kept repeating it until i finally was able to actually speak. i ended up curled up on the kitchen floor in the fetal position screaming 'i banish thee!' at the top of my lungs and finally i felt the thing leave my body. when i realized the thing was gone i cried hysterically for a while then i saged the entire house.

to this day i have no idea what the hell happened. i've never experienced anything that intense or terrifying before or since. and there is spiritual protection out the wazoo around my house now lol.

The scariest experience I have had of being attacked was when I was sleeping. There is "something" that hangs around me and has since I was little. This, what appears like a woman, takes every oppurtunity to mess with me if I let her. Well, I used to see her in mirrors as a kid and I hadn't seen her in years at this point. I had conditioned myself to believe that I was so terrified of the bloody mary myth as a kid, that I had imagined it. Well, she started comming back in to my life with a vengence and I didn't recognise the warning signs of syncronicity, that her image was appearing in everything I was watching, reading, seeing.

One morning I was startled awake and there she was in my minds eye on my chest, and I felt her try to go in me. She got in for a minute and I had what felt like a seizure as I fought back with everything I had. She left immediately. It only happened for a second, but it left me weak and shaken. I got up and was like "What the fuck just happened?" On top of that two other people reported seeing her around me about this time during one of their dreams. One person knew nothing of this woman because she was an aquaintance from work. I dealt with it, but it was one of the most unsettling experiences I have had thus far.

Thrilling! Or it was after I realized it was something that doesn't happen to everyone. At the time my grandmother, a witch, was still alive and naturally she didn't react weird or strange to any of my experiences, most of the time she shared them so I always thought of it as something normal. After she was gone I staretd understanding that not everyone sees what I see and rather than be frightened I felt like I was privileged and special. I've always felt very at ease with the things I see and experience. That said there have been a few occasions where I've felt something so terrible and malefic that all I've been able to do is close my eyes and try with all my might to make them leave, which they always have. I don't really get those feelings at home though, this house is so well protected that I'd be surprised if anything unwelcome would be able to enter. Sometimes I get a whisper or an echo, like something bad is trying to make itself heard or seen but it's usually there for only a second and then it leaves. Most often I get these "bad vibes" at a friends house. She lives in the woods in an old wooden house, and while the living area hardly ever awakens any kind of feelings, their sauna and the changing area are places where I feel horrible, especially If trying to sleep there. I once found some weird symbol carved onto their roof, wonder if someones trapped something in there or trying to keep something out. I have tried driving anything and everything bad away from there but with no luck. I'd really rather not face whatever it is head on because I'm not sure I'd be able to beat it.

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoy, and always have, my psychic gifts.

• 8 months later...

Apparently, the original poster cast a spell or series of spells to increase intuition or psychic awareness, though the thread seems to focus more on the results of those actions, than on the action itself. I have similar workings, that I can perform, if I am feeling blocked. Generally, I am fairly intuitive, though, so rarely need it. One could easily write such a spell for themselves, I think.

• 4 months later...

I have just recently started experimenting with seeing/feeling things. I feel that I am strongest with seeing things, while I only feel things if something wants me to feel them. I have very mild sound to sight synesthesia, and in the past I have used that as a jumping board to "see" things, although I've never before attempted it with otherworldly sight. So the things I see don't frighten me, they're just interesting and curious. But to be totally honest, I haven't seen anything more than various amorphous lights and shadows.

However, I did have one mildly upsetting experience a few days ago. I was driving and a black fog crept up over the right side of my right eye, cutting off some of my visibility. The fog itself wasn't scary but I was unnerved that it happened while I was driving and I panicked a little as I could no longer see very well, but thankfully it went away after several seconds.

When I started speaking to a spirit around my home, who I am certain has been keeping an eye on me for a while, stuff started moving around on its own, but only when I was home alone. This didn't bother me, but I was a little freaked out when a computer in the house turned itself on and started playing the Internet BBC radio! I think the combination of being in a quiet house with a sudden burst of sound got me more than anything.

The only other "serious" situation I can recall is when I intensely felt fear and dread for no reason one night. I felt like something was watching me, and none of my normal methods could get rid of it. Finally, after an hour of muddling about on my own, I stood up in my room and asked whatever it was to please leave; I told them I would be fine with talking later if that was what they wanted, but they were in my home and they should respect my wishes to be left alone, and the negative emotions immediately left. On the one hand I am glad whatever it was went away, but on the other hand, it was a little unsettling to know that I could not get rid of it with my own devices.

When I was reading the TW forums last October, I was heavily imparted with the idea that "tests" are likely to happen and things will poke at you to see how you react. Having no other experience with otherworldly contact I took this as a good foundation and I try to respond to these events with rationality and a focus on why the things happen and how I should respond, instead of just fear or ignoring it. It has worked out well for me so far.

No, I never have been.

On the one hand I am glad whatever it was went away, but on the other hand, it was a little unsettling to know that I could not get rid of it with my own devices.

What do you mean you could not get rid of it with your own devices? You politely and firmly told it it was intruding and needed to leave and it did. That was by your devices, you just ought to do that right away. These unseen ones who threaten with their presence---that is the best thing to do. Don't pussyfoot around. Address them directly and again, be polite but firm and assertive, and tell it it has no business being in your home, and to leave. Unless of course you invited it in!

What do you mean you could not get rid of it with your own devices? You politely and firmly told it it was intruding and needed to leave and it did. That was by your devices, you just ought to do that right away. These unseen ones who threaten with their presence---that is the best thing to do. Don't pussyfoot around. Address them directly and again, be polite but firm and assertive, and tell it it has no business being in your home, and to leave. Unless of course you invited it in!

I do know on one hand that I ultimately handled the situation myself (by asking it to leave), but later on I couldn't help but wonder what had happened if that hadn't worked. By "my own devices" I meant trying to handle things manually, in case it didn't politely leave upon being asked. I am glad that in the end that I got the entity to leave by asking it (as that certainly did help me feel more self-assured). I still feel, however, that I should have known how to manually remove/banish a spirit from my home in case it did not leave when asked.

• 2 months later...

its been a while...ive missed your voices wink.gif

~mw

----------------------------------------------------

I've always seens and felt things.  When I was little I thought that everyone saw that world the way I did.

As far as being attacked in my sleep - I've only ever been 'attacked' by other people a couple times.  It did not end well for the aggressor.  It's just not nice to mess with someone's sleep.  I was tricked once by an entity.  I thought I was dreaming and somehow ended up lowering my personal shields.  That got fixed in the morning.

I realize the OP hasn't been here for a while but what really stuck me with the opening post was this:  "If you can relate to what I'm saying....then you understand I haven't gone mad."  Some of the things I've seen would make others question my sanity if I spoke to them about it.  I'm at the point now that if and when I choose to relate any of the stories I tell the person upfront that their belief in what I'm saying has nothing to do with the truth of it.