Where's the Doll?

anjeaunot

Some years ago I interviewed a young woman who wanted to be a witch.

The then Lady of our covine was present with several of our members. My wife was her usual wonderful self, serving afternoon tea and making everybody comfortable.

I could see that the young woman was not witch material. It would be necessary to fob her off gently.

I assured the nervous woman that as a witch it would be necessary to do things that she wouldn’t want to do.

The poor woman gave an involuntary shudder and looked at us apprehensively. (She probably had Black masses and orgies in mind.)

I explained that my darling wife was subject to my total control, because I had made a magic doll which ensured that she would be respectful, obedient and subservient at all times. It was hidden in this room.

The startled woman was assured I had cast a spell so that my wife couldn’t find it. Her eyes roamed around the room.

Years later, the poor woman was still asking mutual friends if they knew where I hid the magic doll.

Some years ago I interviewed a young woman who wanted to be a witch.

The then Lady of our covine was present with several of our members. My wife was her usual wonderful self, serving afternoon tea and making everybody comfortable.

I could see that the young woman was not witch material. It would be necessary to fob her off gently.

I assured the nervous woman that as a witch it would be necessary to do things that she wouldn’t want to do.

The poor woman gave an involuntary shudder and looked at us apprehensively. (She probably had Black masses and orgies in mind.)

I explained that my darling wife was subject to my total control, because I had made a magic doll which ensured that she would be respectful, obedient and subservient at all times. It was hidden in this room.

The startled woman was assured I had cast a spell so that my wife couldn’t find it. Her eyes roamed around the room.

Years later, the poor woman was still asking mutual friends if they knew where I hid the magic doll.

I know this is in the humour section and perhaps shouldn't be taken seriously. And I have every respect for you, Anjeaunot. But this made me feel quite uncomfortable.

Hi Absinthe

I am sorry that my humour made you uncomfortable. I sincerely hope that my post hasn’t offended others.

I didn’t think it was necessary to justify my actions in the Humour section, when recounting the expedient device I adopted to rid my covine of a possible threat.

The “poor woman” I interviewed for covine membership was the flatmate of one our members; and socialized with another covine member.

This woman was determined to join our covine come hell or high water. She pestered her flatmate for an interview. Her curiosity piqued when she saw the altar and the witch robe in the flat they shared.

The “poor woman” turned up confident that she would join our group.

Turning her away with a flea in her ear posed a very real problem for her flatmate, the other woman she knew, and threatened the very existence of our covine.

I must stress that Witchcraft was still illegal in Qld at the time of this incident! (It was only repealed two years later). People were sacked and children removed from parental control when witchcraft was mentioned!

As the Magister, it was my responsibility to protect the covine members and safeguard the covine.

I used the “magic doll” ploy to prevent the “poor woman” from feeling rebuffed and venting her vindictive spite on the two women she knew.

Anjeaunot, of course you don't need to justify anything. I am sorry for being touchy about your post. One of the joys of TW is the wide-ranging diversity of our practice and I should have considered that before making a negative comment, particularly as it was in the humour section.

Sorry for putting a downer on things. (I hope you don't make a doll of me)

Absinthe.

:hugs:

Hi Absinthe

I am sorry that my humour made you uncomfortable. I sincerely hope that my post hasn’t offended others.

I didn’t think it was necessary to justify my actions in the Humour section, when recounting the expedient device I adopted to rid my covine of a possible threat.

The “poor woman” I interviewed for covine membership was the flatmate of one our members; and socialized with another covine member.

This woman was determined to join our covine come hell or high water. She pestered her flatmate for an interview. Her curiosity piqued when she saw the altar and the witch robe in the flat they shared.

The “poor woman” turned up confident that she would join our group.

Turning her away with a flea in her ear posed a very real problem for her flatmate, the other woman she knew, and threatened the very existence of our covine.

I must stress that Witchcraft was still illegal in Qld at the time of this incident! (It was only repealed two years later). People were sacked and children removed from parental control when witchcraft was mentioned!

As the Magister, it was my responsibility to protect the covine members and safeguard the covine.

I used the “magic doll” ploy to prevent the “poor woman” from feeling rebuffed and venting her vindictive spite on the two women she knew.

Qld??? When was it repealed?

I have the same sense of humour, so I found this quite funny.

Thank you, Autumn Moon, for your support and anniversary wishes.

The various Australian states had inherited English Common Law, and after Federation they were permitted to keep their own Parliaments and to enact their own legislation.

When England repealed the Witchcraft Act in 1951 it had no flow-on effect on the statute books of the Australian states.

I believe one or two Australian states still haven’t repealed the Witchcraft Act!

It was only repealed in Queensland in 1999 or 2000.