Aw!!

Guest wortmistress

Guest wortmistress

Aw! No Buffy? Just kidding- I hate Buffy with a passion (acting?what acting?) but was lent Angel and was surprisingly impressed. Anyway, being a bit of a nature girl I don't watch T.V or even go to the cinema much. But I'll tell you my fave. films etc.

Practical Magic- fluffy, romantic and it has Aidan Quinn in it. I just love this film to bits and although there's a great deal of Hollywood Witchiecraft in it, the Heriditary angle is lovely.

The original Wicker Man- you either love or hate it. Personally I think it is a masterpiece. Especially if you are British, you can identify so many folk customs, practices etc. I love the soundtrack and my Pagan music group will be performing the horny "Gently Johnny" at Beltane.

I have to say I am a big X-Files fan- take out the conspiracy theory, the alien dross and you are left with excellent paranormal events, some of which are based on truth.

The Ninth Gate -Johnny Depp (all time fave actor I want to cover in chocolate and consume!!). About the Devil, but excellent twists, acting and kept me entralled throughout.

Witchfinder General(Vincent Price)- ancient, dodgy acting but the horrors and the tortures make me squirm every time. It merely shows the reality of the times.

I haven't seen the Wicker Man yet (plan on seeing it soon) now the Ninth Gate I thought was fantastic and I agree with you here about the twist on the devil part! The X-Files is another good show. Unfortunately what I have seen from movies that show witches and the craft is either too fluffy or potrays us as greedy little devils. So when a movie does come along that portrays us as we are (normal folks with normal lives) it tends to bring a smile to my face.

AnjelWolf if you can get your hands on the original Wicker Man on dvd, don't hesitate, it really is a brilliant film.

Wortmistress, now that's a really good song for Beltane :)

Anjel don't worry, its on its way to you from Monday :cool: .

I will try and get a copy of Ninth Gate - sounds good!!! As for Buffy, that also includes, Sabrina and Charmed too - All 3 of these are considered swear words from now on ROFLMAO

Archived