Best book on magical use of herbs

renascent

Hello all

I recently purchaced a couple of books on medicinal and magical use of herbs. However I still find that Cunningham's 'Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs' to be the best overall reading material regarding the magical use of herbs. I am curious what other books members would recommend for magical herbs/plants as I seem to be having a difficult time finding a good selection.

Thanks

I've got that book also, and yes it's an informative collection to have in ones library.

But I have to speak truth here, it's not as worn or used as my "go to " books.

A Green Witch's Formulary and Herbs Medicinal, Magical, Marvelous, by Deborah J. Martin. These books do not sit on my shelf, they are within a hands grab, for sure, they also travel with me to an organic shop to pick out selective herbs.

Regards,

Gypsy

Not sure if you have these, but these are also quite good:

The Herb Book by John Lust

Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by Cat Yronwode

The Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyerl

Mastering Herbalism: A Practical Guide by Paul Huson

The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook by James Green

..But I have to speak truth here, it's not as worn or used as my "go to " books.

A Green Witch's Formulary and Herbs Medicinal, Magical, Marvelous, by Deborah J. Martin. These books do not sit on my shelf, they are within a hands grab, for sure, they also travel with me to an organic shop to pick out selective herbs.

Regards,

Gypsy

Yep, have to agree with CG here - very good books indeed. I think the author has done a very good job in writing these books.. :whistling: :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of Cunningham's book too, I generally use it the most but I also have Cat Yronwode's book, M Grieve's Modern Herbal and Herb Magic by Ellen Dugan but I also have a number of books on Home Herbalism and Herbal Remedies as well.