Sign in to follow this  
spinney

American Horror Story

Since I had off today I got to watch Coven which I have on DVR. I thought it was pretty good! Definitely not going to be accurate but at least it is entertaining!

Loved the new season... Kathy Bates is amazing.. :smile:

And Angela as Marie.. wonderful casting.. also made me think of My Dear Aloe..

Edited by LdyShalott

Oooh...if Kathy Bates is in this, I'm going to have to check it out.  I love her! ♥

Willau- Kathy Bates was awesome in the first episode! The whole cast looks promising so I hope they keep it up. I cannot wait for the next episode.

Highly enjoyed episode one, but I've got to admit I am a huge Kathy Bates fan.  Seeing her rouge her face with blood - oh my. That alone could end up being my favorite part of the whole season haha.  Can't wait to see more.

Okay - I watched the pilot. And yes it was good, but soooo not the thing to be watching when the season is turning, lol... why do so much to shut out the dark and then just watch shows that bring it all back to mind? So it will have to wait until summer for me to finish watching it, lol....

M

I rather enjoyed it. I am a big Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates, fan so that is enough to draw me in. I'm also kind of obsessed with Gabourey Sidibe.  I was a big fan of last season and I liked the first okay enough. I am a sucker for detailed imagery and this show never fails to deliver in that dept. Cordelia's lab made my heart flutter with wicked jealousy. Also who couldn't love a coked out mega Witch Bitch Supreme? I have a feeling this season will rely on the more grotesque rather than being all that "creepy". 

Edited by Davenport

Oh, sorry, I thought it was really, really, stupid. I knew it would be somewhat lame, but, No Bueno for me! It was like Harry Potter meets the Facts of Life, LOL!!!! I don't know how they talked Kathy Bates into that one :down: , she was the only redeeming factor. The dialogue between Jessica Lang and her daughter was SO Cliché, and the lame pointing that resulted in flying bodies, sooo dumb. They could have done such a better job with the subject of witchcraft, you have to admit? 

Kera

. . .  They could have done such a better job with the subject of witchcraft, you have to admit? 

Kera

I have not had a chance to watch it, yet.  You very well could be right for all I know, but I am not expecting it to be an honest or accurate accounting of Witchcraft of any kind.  Keeping my expectations low tends to help in these situations. :D

Personally I find it inspiring. I now intend on locking people in my laundry room and draining them of blood so that I can rouge my face to keep myself looking young.

:ninja:

Well Kera it is a TV show. I mean if they made it to be realistic witchcraft, no one would watch it but us. And even then we'd be picking it apart lol!

I like the show and like I do with other shows, I don't expect them to be perfect.  Had a couple of beers while watching.

Found a couple ladies now that I like watching on the show, the one who plays the Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau and the one that lives in the woods/swamp, don't know the character's name (she was in the alligator scene and now has the boy Frankenstein at her place)

I like it. I do not expect Hollywood's best and brightest to get the facts straight, as long as they keep me entertained, lol. It helps to have a strong cast that can turn so-so facts into something provocative.

Michele's comment reminded me that season 2 definitely got to me! I had to record it and watch it over the summer because it got me all kinds of creeped out! Lol!

I watched one episode.  The story line was ok; a bit over-dramatized for my taste.  I found the odd camera angles disorienting.  Of course, I was watching late at night, cuddled up on the bed, half-asleep, so I may not be the best TV show reviewer.  LOL!

Sorry, but I don't like it. I agree with Jevne, a lot of overacting going on (along with cleavage, lol).

Sorry, but I don't like it. I agree with Jevne, a lot of overacting going on (along with cleavage, lol).

Yeah, a lot of over-acting . . . trying too hard to be dark, brooding, etc.  It must be one of those things that you have to watch from beginning of the series to the end of the series to figure out what the hell is going on.

Yes I enjoy it, but I agree on the over acting. You have to admire Kathy Bates for keeping her acting on a steady 14 on a scale of 10. while the rest of the cast def edges past ten themselves most of the time. Patti Lupone might give Ms. Bates a run for it from the little we have seen of her thus far. Strange show for sure.

It hasn't aired here yet I believe its next week. I have been watching a series called Breaking bad. It is very good im really enjoying it

I just saw the season finale of this.  It was decent.  Its gets points for killing of the characters that were annoying. 

Although this season lost me in certain places, I did enjoy the finale. I was thinking how nice it would be if we could all just come out in the open and be accepted by society, without fear of persecution. I'm not going to hold my breath mind you.

Edited by Solanaceae

I think this season as a whole was pretty awful. Season 2 is still my favorite.

Ryan Murphy made Marie Laveau into a joke, and did the same with voodoo.

As far as the finale went. I had already called the new supreme by mid season. And the whole publicity thing was a crock of shit. Humans fear what that they don't know and can't control. Thousands of girls who have telekinesis, mind control, etc being accepted by the public would never happen. People would fear them constantly. I know if I knew a large select population could hurl me across the room by a flip of their wrist or make me walk into the middle of a busy interstate I wouldn't trust them.so I would like to think that as all of the witches on the show were horrible bitches as well that the witch hunters will come back in and annihilate the entire race.

Sign in to follow this